Going agaibst brit vc

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Going agaibst brit vc

Post by deleted_user »

the intel provided could also give Brits critical insight on their opponent's army positioning and might let them raid while opponent is besieging. idk. I suppose it hardly matters either way for OP's supposed skill level.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

At higher skill level, at a midgame sort of stage, 135w for a villager is not worth it. Kill the manor for that free xp, you reduce LOS and might end up housing him. Not killing manors is a pr7 habit where booming with manors is OP and players like to claim theyre smart. There are realistically very few scenarios where a brit player is at 200 manor pop and would like to spend 135w on a villager.

If he did VC I would not touch the houses though.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I like to claim I'm smart does that mean I'm pr7?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:At higher skill level, at a midgame sort of stage, 135w for a villager is not worth it. Kill the manor for that free xp, you reduce LOS and might end up housing him. Not killing manors is a pr7 habit where booming with manors is OP and players like to claim theyre smart. There are realistically very few scenarios where a brit player is at 200 manor pop and would like to spend 135w on a villager.

If he did VC I would not touch the houses though.
lol it's not a pr 7 habit. Killing a British manor is worse than killing just about any other civs houses since it takes longer since they have more hp, since brit has one of the biggest ecos at any given point giving them extra time is more beneficial to them then other civs, you're much less likely to pop brit by killing manors, plus you give them more boom potential.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Its often not worth it to actively go siege houses, like it would be vs germany, india, otto or china. But if there is a manor in a critical spot for los, you can kill it. That one vill wont be too relevant.

Basically, you kill the houses of other civs to popcap them. You kill the houses of brits for xp (only really worth with azzy and japan torii) or to deny them los.

Usually sieging priority should be military buildings>houses>tc. But sometimes it should be tc first, depending on how much siege potential and military superiority you have. Again, every game is different, and sometimes you want to take out houses first (like vs china.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The habit to never ever ever siege brit houses is pr7 like though. At least private jerom considered himself very smart when doing that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Forward houses are just asking to be sieged. Unless it is blatantly a way for the brit player to buy time, there is no reason to nor siege them. Especially with a sizeable army. That extra pop space wil be important later when armies get big. Also the extra vill will take some time to repay the 35w and extra building time
Image Image Image