Benefits of Quick Search

Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Benefits of Quick Search

Post by Timba »

I've heard that Quick Search is not very good, and I don't use it because I'm never able to find a match. Hosting a 1v1 in the Game Browser seems to work most of the time for me, but are there any benefits of using Quick Search over this method? Maybe I'm not using it correctly?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Benefits of Quick Search

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Well the difference is it can be good if you are around 2nd luit and up. Every match is rated (over 0:00 I think - if you sign out at the very start it might not be). You can find a match pretty quickly and enter some interesting matchups.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Australia Timba
Skirmisher

Post by Timba »

So are you saying that finding a match on Quick Search is faster than hosting a 1v1 when you reach the higher ranks? Is that because there are fewer people who are willing to join a game hosted by those with ranks 2nd luit and up?

EDIT: This is a bit confusing. My question is: why does Quick Search become more effective when a player reaches 2nd luit and above?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The benefit of QS is that you can jump into a game quickly instead of joining a room and thinking Is this guy afk? Do I really want to play this guy? Damn, I don't want this matchup.
In QS you just press a button a get what you get, don't need to make so many decisions and neither player can easily chicken out since all QS games are rated from the start.
Why does it become more effective when a player reaches 2nd lt? Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what's the reason, but lower level players seem to just not use QS. Maybe they have trouble locating the button or it feels too competitive or I don't know.
Timba wrote:So are you saying that finding a match on Quick Search is faster than hosting a 1v1 when you reach the higher ranks?
It gets to a similar/faster level, yes.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Also probably around 15% of the time you have no starting hunt within your TC LOS and another 10% it's hispanoila or some similar shit map. And that's not really counting the "good" maps/starts/ which are still booty bad. It's really not uncommon to just have shit hunt spawns on RE qs maps. Water play becomes more prevalent and so does japan play. Lucky for jap it's counters dont fare too well in the cosmo of RE qs. Really tbh qs is the fastest way to find a game 1st lt and up but it's hardly a fair representation of skill. I've basically china'd noobs lately with free units and a non reliance on map control.

Find a mate and play EP maps and get better is what I vouch for.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Say, Callen, how much have you improved since EP?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

hes right though.. nontheless i love qs
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

you might be the one who gets first encounters with fine new hacks(aka "exotic alternative coding to have a different playing experience"), thats pretty exciting.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

qs just sucks, in most aspects it's worse than hosted games. You don't know who you will meet and on which map. I agree, that's the concept of qs. But it's still shit, because it means you can find cheaters, iro/otto lamers, laggers etc. And you can find the most garbage maps as well and have unplayable games. And you don't know the match up, so it might just be unwinnable.
But it's still an alternative way to find a game. If you see no 1v1s hosted at your rank in the game browser, you can just click qs for 20 second and see if there's someone in. If you find no one, you can still host the game yourself. If no one joins your game, you can wait in qs that someone matches you, while checking the game browser if someone hosts a 1v1, etc.
I believe this game would be better without qs, but trying to play without qs just means it's twice as hard to find a game, so I don't recommand that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

If you host a game at high level nobody joins. That's why everyone goes qs.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

yurashic wrote:If you host a game at high level nobody joins. That's why everyone goes qs.

why?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:Say, Callen, how much have you improved since EP?

A damn good bit. I get what you're saying though, it probably isn't because of EP maps themselves. It is very possible to improve in qs. Perhaps my very last sentence is not true but the rest of it is. It sucks clicking into broken MUs on broken maps in qs and having those games count.

I should amend it to say "play on ep maps and retain a sense of sanity."
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it seems we need @princeofkabul here
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:it seems we need @princeofkabul here

Well anyway I edited a large part in while you were replying.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I think quick search is better than hosted games. It forces people to play in positions they aren't naturally comfortable in and would never click into in a lobby. People whine and blame the map and blame the mu but really the reason they lose is cause the map and mu doesn't necessarily cater to the way they are most comfortable playing and yet they still try to play that way. Every once in a while you do get map screwed so hard that that it's not really possible to win, like getting no hunt and no mine on great lakes, but generally the maps are fine, people now a days just act like any map where you can't get 5 hunts under your tc is a bad map.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

gibson wrote:I think quick search is better than hosted games. It forces people to play in positions they aren't naturally comfortable in and would never click into in a lobby. People whine and blame the map and blame the mu but really the reason they lose is cause the map and mu doesn't necessarily cater to the way they are most comfortable playing and yet they still try to play that way. Every once in a while you do get map screwed so hard that that it's not really possible to win, like getting no hunt and no mine on great lakes, but generally the maps are fine, people now a days just act like any map where you can't get 5 hunts under your tc is a bad map.

You forgot the tp.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

deleted_user wrote:I should amend it to say "play on ep maps and retain a sense of sanity."

Problem for low level players like me (PR18) is that only high end people seem to play EP. Captain, Brigadier, ... even if I play them, the match is set. Ofc you can learn something, but getting crammed every game is not really fun. :hmm:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Australia Timba
Skirmisher

Post by Timba »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll give Quick Search another chance.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

@Googol u would benefit from qs bae
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

sebnan12 wrote:@Googol u would benefit from qs bae

Get no hunts and ragequit :D
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

Googol wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:@Googol u would benefit from qs bae

Get no hunts and ragequit :D

just qs on ep ;D ...

NEED MORE XP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

What if there is a guy that QSs on EP 24/7 but no one ever finds out... :hmm: