Smurfs are annoying

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Smurfs are annoying

Post by Mameluke »

Smurfs are so annoying in this game especially if their winrate sucks and you think he isnt a smurf. Then when you play against him and have no chance and wonder why...after the game he tells u that he had PR 37 one time although I thought he is 21. It is annoying because you think that youre playing against someone whos at your lvl and if you lose yourre thinking "man I suck I thought I improved but in fact I didnt" until you realize/he tells you that hes a smurf and has 11 smurf accounts. Side affects of this ESO-Account bug. :dry:

#ragepost
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Smurfs are annoying

Post by Gendarme »

I suggest adding people around your own skill level to your friend list so you can play games against them whenever you feel like battling against an equal. In general I would be happy to play against better people (whether they are majors or colonels doesn't really matter).
Pay more attention to detail.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:I suggest adding people around your own skill level to your friend list so you can play games against them whenever you feel like battling against an equal. In general I would be happy to play against better people (whether they are majors or colonels doesn't really matter).

i like to play against ppl at my lvl or slightly above that but the point on those smurf accounts is that I think "man I suck lost against such a low lvl" (if theyre even under lvl 21 which already happened)...you know what I mean?
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Thats a pretty ironic thing to say @pecelot .

That said this happens in treaty a lot, simply due to player base. I smurf a lot because of my timezone. Simply pest and move on is the best thing you can do.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

I dislike folks who smurf for the purpose of gaining an advantage over you. Like if I hope in a game with a capt in TR, I'm gonna take a shit civ, or take a few cards out of my deck. Then all of a sudden, its sid and you are gonna lose 3 PR to a capt.

Otherwise smurfing for anonimity or to get a game, idc. Just don't pretend like you're some uber noob just so you can have civ advantage
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I usually tell people that i'm smurfing beforehand or play badly.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I dislike folks who smurf for the purpose of gaining an advantage over you. Like if I hope in a game with a capt in TR, I'm gonna take a shit civ, or take a few cards out of my deck. Then all of a sudden, its sid and you are gonna lose 3 PR to a capt.

Otherwise smurfing for anonimity or to get a game, idc. Just don't pretend like you're some uber noob just so you can have civ advantage
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I like folks who smurf for the purpose of gaining an advantage over you. Like if I hope in a game with a capt in TR, I'm gonna take a great civ, or add a few cards out of my deck. Then all of a sudden, its sid and you are gonna lose 3 PR to a capt.

Otherwise smurfing for anonimity or to get a game, idc. Just pretend like you're some uber noob just so you can have civ advantage
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

breaking news: water is wet.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:breaking news: water is wet.

Unless Chuck Norris jumped into it
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Post by Gear_Head »

I have also had some bad experiences with smurfs. It is frustrating when you take a poor matchup or a Tier C civ in order to "balance" the teams, only to find out the other guy(s) are actually 400 ELO points above you on their main(s). This is especially true when the opposition actually asks you to help make it "fair." That's just disingenuous.

On the other hand, I had a good experience vs. smurfs the other day. I didn't know until afterwards they were smurfs (although there were strong suspicions). They all chose bottom tier civs and it turned out to be a quality game with multiple swings in the balance of power. My team didn't end up winning, but the game was extremely satisfying nevertheless. What could have been a noobstomp turned into a great game because the better players were willing to alter their team for the worse in order to give us our best shot. It also helped that the attitude of the players all around was positive and fair-play focused.

All in all, it really depends on the attitude of the smurf - which you can extrapolate to all players in terms of pure enjoyment of the game. There's some people I run into that are just unpleasant to be around (to put it nicely). In this case, I'd rather fight with/against a friendly but unfair smurf than an absolute prick who happens to be my level of skill. Just my two cents. :smile:
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Smurfing annoys me, as others, for reasons already mentioned.

Also I disliked being the party to make the smurf. As a serg I regularly met people who would resign just after 2 min. Even after that asked if I wanted to go again to pump up my rank. It's a wast of time for me. If my rank goes up, it'll be because I played better, not because of artificial pumping.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

be on top of food chain, no need to worry bout smurfs n shit.

you've decide you if want to be a wolf or a sheep. I decided to become a wolf! : >>>
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

princeofkabul wrote:be on top of food chain, no need to worry bout smurfs n shit.

you've decide you if want to be a wolf or a sheep. I decided to become a wolf! : >>>

The dog of your profile pic looks scared
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

NekoBerk wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:be on top of food chain, no need to worry bout smurfs n shit.

The dog of your profile pic looks scared

ye scared of mighty nekoberko whatevr bs.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

What movie is that again?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Hazza54321 wrote:

What movie is that again?

Chronicles of kebul
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

=> best solution => try to avoid playing with them
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Fun fact..u could totally post a list of smurfs u know right here on esoc. There are no rules that explicitly say it is banned :flowers:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

For the sake of awareness I have 2 smurf accounts: Alaron_ and Koraphska.

I never really use them anymore, but if you see those accs that's me. Hope that doesn't mean you won't play with me :(
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

I was Gitchenlord the whole time!
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

c0ns!
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

For my part, if I could play on my main whenever I want, I would almost never smurf. It's just that it's almost impossible to find games at some point, and you need to go on lower rank accounts to find some. So I guess it's kinda selfish because it can "ruin" lower players' experience, but I'm not gonna stop playing the game because of that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

vardar wrote:I dislike folks who smurf for the purpose of gaining an advantage over you. Like if I hope in a game with a capt in TR, I'm gonna take a shit civ, or take a few cards out of my deck. Then all of a sudden, its sid and you are gonna lose 3 PR to a capt.

Hmmmmmm no.... you came late, now it isn't funny
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar