can we find IP from eso?

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Re: can we find IP from eso?

Post by Papist »

gibson wrote:once again, I'd like to see an example of "malicious software" besides the update that Uninstalled the program. And I do consider it petty since his "attack vs esoc" has absolutely nothing to do with his eso assistant. You guys don't like him, therefore we censor any link to his software and pretend it's because the software is malicious. I'll believe you when I see demonstration that his software was malicious because I have used just about every feature of it and have never come across anything malicious.

The assertion that we banned Xakops tool because we "don't like him" has gotten no less absurd since the last time you said it. You make it sound as though we banned him and his content because of a minor disagreement, when the reality is that he's a cyber criminal (yes, denial-of-service attacks are illegal) who took out his anger on the community by shutting down the site when he felt slighted.

This, combined with allegations from several users that Xakops content contained malware, led to the decision to ban him and all of his content permanently.

You are free to agree or disagree with the decision that was made, but don't twist our motives to suit your argument.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Xakops DDOS'd the website. The creator of the software has shown he holds the potential for malicious action. A dev has said ESO-A is able to execute auto updates. It makes sense ESOC would like to provide a safe environment for its users when it comes to promoted software on the site.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

A lot of software comes with backdoors, most notably the Windows operative system. The only valid reason I see to not allow ESO-A is that XaKOpS is confirmed to have malicious intent (at least had at one point not long ago). If you are concerned with software with any potential of being malicious in general (which is valid), you should probably rethink everything about your usage of modern technology.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The focus is on the author not the potential of the software itself.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

yurashic wrote:Forum staff said that it is against privacy and asked him to delete it.

No. Staff never asked him to delete it. It was normal users who were saying it was against privacy and were unhappy about it.