Noob Champion

No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: Noob Champion

Post by kami_ryu »

I ve put you on the wait list for the time being. Thank you!

so far it looks like Saturday (tmrw) at 21:00 gmt.

@JakeyBoyTH versus @QueenOfdestiny

Confirm?

Stream will be laid back
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

kami_ryu wrote:I ve put you on the wait list for the time being. Thank you!

so far it looks like Saturday (tmrw) at 21:00 gmt.

@JakeyBoyTH versus @QueenOfdestiny

Confirm?

Stream will be laid back

Confirmed :hmm:
shit juice :hmm:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Jakey and Queen playing supremacy. :O
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gendarme wrote:Jakey and Queen playing supremacy. :O

im on trackpad
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:

im on trackpad

Confirmed or not is the question of the day honey :hmm:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

queenofdestiny wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

im on trackpad

Confirmed or not is the question of the day honey :hmm:

oh yeah np :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

This is going to be fun to watch - maybe now we can see the sup version of cancer55 :hmm:

Anyway, good lag have fun. :hehe:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Can i casht that ? :D
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Googol wrote:Can i casht that ? :D

another caster might be kami on to cast, but im sure you can be there too or it would be ryude to refuse you
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Googol wrote:Can i casht that ? :D

Affirm that confirmation sauce boss, please cast this one with me.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Lord Vader wrote:So viewers have to endure sub-par streams just to make the concept last longer?

So, in your opinion, what makes the stream sub-par and in what way(s) do you think can improve it? I don't recall the first match of this "championship" being streamed, and how in the world would you know, if you are not from the future, that the quality of the streams is sub-par? Maybe next time when you are criticising something, you can give some constructive comments instead of being a "doomsayer" :!: :flowers:
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Man, why is you account new, only 2 posts being critical. Why does your eso account not exist?
If you have critic, do it on your regular account (if you have one) and don't smurf to critic.

If the casters critic the players, it might be nice to see something. like: this is not the best choice etc...
Low-lvl ppl might learn something from that too.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

EDIT: Lord Vader was a smurf account so most of his posts were deleted.

Lord Vader wrote:It is sub-par because both players are low ranked, and that's an unbiased fact. Not only are they low ranked, they also perform poorly, when being streamed.
While there is nothing wrong with being low ranked, it does however make up for a crappy stream. IMO.

How to improve it? Obviously get some more skilled players to play.

Obviously the first match was not streamed - as it haven't been played yet!

I guess what I really wonder is why on heavens earth would anybody dedicate time to this, when the organizer cant seem to downplay it (or himself) enough.
Why not organize something that people actually want to see? Why not organize something with the intention of "I want to make this the best there have ever been!"

I disagree. While the skill of the players undoubtedly improves the quality of the stream and the experience of the viewers, there are more factors which determine the quality of the stream. As you may or may not know, I'm the leader of the media team and therefore I work very closely with the ESOC casters. One extremely important lesson that I try to teach the casters is that negativity should be avoided as much as possible. Instead of saying "This is a bad move.", try saying "Why would he be doing this move? I wonder what he has in mind." Although a little bit of negativity is inevitable in a match between two lesser skilled players, negativity should still be avoided as much as possible as it's detrimental to the quality of the stream. Instead, casters should try to highlight how the player can improve whatever he's doing in a positive manner. This way, a series between two lesser skilled players is still enjoyable and educational to watch.

Lord Vader wrote:Why not organize something that people actually want to see? Why not organize something with the intention of "I want to make this the best there have ever been!"

We organize lots of tournaments in which higher leveled players can prove they're the best. If you're interested in high leveled content only, I suggest checking out those tournaments. (tournaments.php and our youtube channel) I personally don't mind and do encourage the community initiative of hosting a tournament aimed at the lower leveled players. ESOC isn't that fond of cash tournaments for lower leveled players due to the controversy and the possibility of smurfing.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Lord Vader wrote:It is sub-par because both players are low ranked, and that's an unbiased fact. Not only are they low ranked, they also perform poorly, when being streamed.
While there is nothing wrong with being low ranked, it does however make up for a crappy stream. IMO.

They are treaty players, and team players, mostly - but it does not mean they perform poorly. Yes, they might be rusty in 1v1, but do keep in mind that they are still 2nd lieuts and/or above and fairly equally matched. Might not be as intense as the top-level players, but it's not like it will be a crappy stream. I will quote directly from what @MCJim was saying a few months ago when I was scheduling a tourney match.
Thank you! I will add it to the schedule! Keep in mind that both "low PR's" can also have close games ;)
Intense matches surely make up for a decent stream, but close games do as well.

How to improve it? Obviously get some more skilled players to play.

So have you read what the others are saying in this thread, about how to improve the system (i.e. make the system much more viable) without ruining it?! No, you haven't!

Obviously the first match was not streamed - as it haven't been played yet!

Do you know why "doomsayers" are hated by many? It is how they keep saying something is doomed before it even begins!

I guess what I really wonder is why on heavens earth would anybody dedicate time to this, when the organizer cant seem to downplay it (or himself) enough.

Many will dedicate time to this, especially those who are willing to learn and improve their gameplay under a competitive environment.

Why not organize something that people actually want to see? Why not organize something with the intention of "I want to make this the best there have ever been!"

If you would like to see some high-level gameplay, then just go and watch the ESOC official tourneys. Do keep in mind that this particular "championship" is more of a series of show-matches between individuals, with a certain amount of competitiveness being mixed in (and certainly also comes with an honorary title).
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

So will the first match be streamed this sunday already?
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Lord Vader wrote:"Only 2 posts being critical" Since I only had made 2 posts (at the time of your speech) don't you think "Only 2 posts being critical" is enough?
No, there is nothing to learn from low level players.

Thank the Emperor that I am able to read minds, otherwise this would never have made any sense to me "If the casters critic the players, it might be nice to see something"

Did you just misread what @Asateo just say? Maybe. What he was saying was that low-level players may learn from the casters. Besides, who says that we cannot learn or improve anything from these matches, especially from the commentary by the casters? (of course the lower level you are, the more you could gain from the commentary.) And your last sentence does not make any sense to me at all :!: :hmm:

@hleung it's like I as a 9 ball player demands to participate in a snooker tournament. Nobody would want to watch that.
If he want to host a tourney for lower level players, why not just say that?

Well, if you insist, then don't play and/or watch the show-matches; however, you only have yourself to blame if you give a second thought about it later but miss the whole thing. And again, it is not a "tourney". If you don't know what Saturday Smackdowns or Fight Nights were like, then I would suggest you to check it out - it's more or less along those lines. :flowers:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Vader, no worries on your feedback I hear you loud and clear.

The goal of the event is more or less to just stream games. No matter your skill level it's always fun to be in the spotlight and play streamed matches. Also I do not intend to be a highly analytical caster, we're just going to have.

The way the format is set up, we will be progressing to the top dogs naturally.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

UHHH what is the map pool?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

well, __hi__
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

esoc maps
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

All right so the first match has ended. Our Noob Champ is none other than @QueenOfdestiny

Depending on when she can play next and when we can get a new challenger, we'll get a new match going soon. Queen swept @JakeyBoyTH 3 to 0 in one of the most difficult matches I've ever had to cast.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

kami_ryu wrote:All right so the first match has ended. Our Noob Champ is none other than @QueenOfdestiny

Depending on when she can play next and when we can get a new challenger, we'll get a new match going soon. Queen swept @JakeyBoyTH 3 to 0 in one of the most difficult matches I've ever had to cast.

How was it difficult to cast pretty standard BO? I will help u cast in the next ones then.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:All right so the first match has ended. Our Noob Champ is none other than @QueenOfdestiny

How was it difficult to cast pretty standard BO? I will help u cast in the next ones then.

Standard BO :hmm:

We all thought you were trying to replicate aiz builds, but we ended up being very disappointed :mad:
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

well i need to say i was hoping its more difficult
but yeah ok
I WON
so who will be y next enemy
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team