Any hope for Otto and Iro?

Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Re: Any hope for Otto and Iro?

Post by Dsy »

Yeah. Even if you dont use it for directly abuse. You say need 1 minute. You can watch the whole map in that time: "oh i will get raided there". Until that command a lot of units.
Its easy to abuse. I'm sure some high level players also use commands when they need pause. Not directly use pause for abuse it just like "if its pause i command some".

Plus meanwhile its paused you can think about strategies, where to gather next resources, make a plan. And you will play much better until the pause than youd normally do.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Iro has a 43,24% winrate on Texas, so thats what I will do if an Iro lamer comes, just pick Texas as map. 21 (ha ha ha ha)

ps: yes I like statistics
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Mameluke wrote:Iro has a 43,24% winrate on Texas, so thats what I will do if an Iro lamer comes, just pick Texas as map. 21 (ha ha ha ha)

ps: yes I like statistics

i think most iro lammers just rush all in every game, and when they get texas in qs they are screwed xD
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Gendarme wrote:If pause actually froze the game instead of letting you give commands and scroll around the map it wouldn't be abusable.

This.

@Dsy . I have never seen anyone "abuse" pause in any game aside from spamming it while rage-quitting. The advantage one might gain is minimal, since the opponent can just immediately unpause. Theoretically, I suppose you could use the pause feature to fill a batch a second away from finishing or something, but I've never seen anything like this happen. And as far as I know, it didn't happen when the game was competitive either.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

omg really out of all issues with the game you picked an innocent pause? honestly what game are you playing
fml
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Anyways, what's up with otto players nowaday? I got +-5 FI- revolts in as 2/3days (out of 5 games that is).
Do they have a cult and agree on strats per week? :dry:
I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Asateo wrote:I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:

id reckon to incline the good ol' quit + pest..
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
Asateo wrote:I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:

True, but then I'd have to do without the feeling I just got after having recked him.

Opponent: "But, I played an OP civ, I should win" :cry:
Me: "I love life." :chinese:
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:

You pest people for playing Otto? Damn, that's harsh.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. In my experience, Japan and france do quite well against them (and coincidentally, and I guess consequentially as well, they are also two of the best qs civs).

Iro is a harder nut to crack in my experience, but I think that, again, Japan and france both do quite well against them. As well as india I guess.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol those 3 are like some of the worst civs vs iro. best civs vs iro on tp maps are sioux, china and germany. spain, otto and ports are decent. the rest should lose hard.

on no tp maps the best civs become brits, russia and aztecs. germany, otto, spain and sioux drop off.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:on no tp maps the best civs become brits, russia and aztecs, germany, otto, spain and sioux drop off.

a semicolon would be appreciated ; )
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Darwin_ wrote:Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. .

The key word there is "if". It's hard for anyone (and near impossible for lower-ranked players like myself) to hold a "jan/2 falcs with mams otw" timing after just having aged up, or push back jan/abus, or survive a straight up jan rush. But I think the biggest contribution to Otto being OP is the fact that it takes zero effort to pull off those strats. Ship crates, make units, attack move, win. Collect PR points; rinse and repeat.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Papist wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. .

The key word there is "if". It's hard for anyone (and near impossible for lower-ranked players like myself) to hold a "jan/2 falcs with mams otw" timing after just having aged up, or push back jan/abus, or survive a straight up jan rush. But I think the biggest contribution to Otto being OP is the fact that it takes zero effort to pull off those strats. Ship crates, make units, attack move, win. Collect PR points; rinse and repeat.

You can survive with no problems with most civs. Agressive and predictable strategies usually don't win games.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

yurashic wrote:
Papist wrote:

You can survive with no problems with most civs. Agressive and predictable strategies usually don't win games.

Granted, as I improved otto became less of a problem. Saying however that they're predictable doesn't do them justice though. You can prepare for rush, but then discovering that he FF's and you have a problem. :hmm: