Nilla 2017

United States of America iLure
Crossbow
ESO: beastboss

Nilla 2017

Post by iLure »

Hello!

This is my first post here so yes , applause applause....

Anyways, so I've been playing AOE3 nilla since 2012, mainly since I wanted to keep my progress there rather than switch to tad or twc, and also since my computer wont let me dwnload the esoc.

So therefore my question is.

I havent been on AOE3 nilla for a while now, and I'm wondering what the avg player count is online (cant find disk 1 atm :/) , and also if any esoc members hop on it once in a while.

In other words, is it fairly active? How does the nilla pop compare to esoc in 2017?

AND ALSO, I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR A GOOD PORT MAP CONTROL GUIDE FOR NILLA! (or video)

Thank you for reading this :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Nilla 2017

Post by pecelot »

http://www.agecommunity.com/_server_status_/

You can check the current numbers there, for averages I'd summon @EAGLEMUT :flowers:
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

Very resourceful site Thanks!

My last request if possible ........ is there a good Portugal Map control / fort guide for nill? or video? Thanks!
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

as a 12 year nilla scrub (a.k.a. hopeless case) i can assure you that the average skill level has dropped beyond anything acceptable and is a lot lower than 2012 i guess..

with ports on nilla maps id either 10/10 aiz style and do a retarded rush, easily beats most capts/majors in nilla (unless they lame otto), since hunts are a basically not there, or on water maps do a stupid seaboom, also there are some maps amongst the standard maps (sonora, patagonia, new england) where you can do a funky atp fast fortress with ports and have good success..

i could upload a bunch of nilla maps / esoc maps for nilla if you want, with better hunts / fairer spawns, but the current nilla community regards anything that is not called "3 vs 3 Random Great Plains" as cancer, so good luck with hosting anything on a map that is not GP..
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

Thank you for your input :)

And if anyone would be kind enough to elab on a more detailed atp ff with ports , itd be much appreciated
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

iLure wrote:Thank you for your input :)

And if anyone would be kind enough to elab on a more detailed atp ff with ports , itd be much appreciated

add Nebuchadnezzar online, we can play some and record it if you want..
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

Still looking for my disk #1 if u read my first post,
but once i find it , of course mate

And yeah, to anyone out there, time is not an issue,
but if ever someone could post a detailed port atp ff guide / vid it would surely make my day . Thank you!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello and welcome to the forums! :export:

iLure wrote:I've been playing AOE3 nilla since 2012, mainly since I wanted to keep my progress there rather than switch to tad or twc, and also since my computer wont let me dwnload the esoc.

What kind of progress are we talking about here? Your existing homecities will continue to be usable on TAD, not to mention you can use the XP mod to level up homecities of the new civs instantly..
You also by no means need the ESOC patch to play on TAD. In fact, most people keep playing on the regular RE patch and generally only high-level players use the ESOC patch to enjoy a higher level of competitiveness.

iLure wrote:In other words, is it fairly active? How does the nilla pop compare to esoc in 2017?

Nilla pop is unsurprisingly dwindling behind TAD, which had already surpassed nilla pop numbers around 2014 and the gap is only getting larger since then (as nilla pop goes down while TAD pop goes up).
Currently, TAD is about 60% more populated than nilla, which is becoming a rather substantial difference. Peak population today was 534 on nilla and 835 on TAD.

if you're interested in getting the complete collection and play TAD, that would also solve your CD issue as the game is distributed via Steam nowadays (therefore you just download it all there).

Enjoy your stay ;)
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

Thanks , perhaps I will!

And what do you mean by RE patch?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

RE stands for Robot Entertainment, the game studio that was created in the ashes of Ensemble Studios. They patched the game, so the official patch used right now goes by the unofficial name of RE-patch. There are several other patches created since by the communities (and even complete mods), and the two patches created by this community (ESOC) are called EP (ESOC-patch) and TP (Treaty-patch).
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

iLure wrote:Thanks , perhaps I will!

And what do you mean by RE patch?

RE is how people refer to the regular official latest TAD patch which you get by default. It's called RE because that's also the initials of the company who released this last patch for the game before development support ended (Robot Entertainment).
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

AH ok, so TAD has been and continues to be updated more frequently than the regular one?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

iLure wrote:AH ok, so TAD has been and continues to be updated more frequently than the regular one?

Unfortunately not, the latest RE patch we're talking about here was released in 2010. The lack of official support is in part what fueled the initiative to develop our own community patch, the ESOC Patch (which does only work on TAD, though).
Argentina Pacc21
Musketeer
ESO: Pacc21

Post by Pacc21 »

It continues to be updated more than vanilla AOE3 but with un-official patchs (EP and TP). I don't think we'll see any more official versions in a long time, probably never.
Crossbow

Post by iLure »

Thanks all for the input.

Very active forum and A+ job at expanding the player size of this game!