Changing water for EP 4

Choose the option that best reflects your opinion on the mentioned changes

The changes are (near) perfect
30%
The changes are the right idea, but I think the numbers should be tweaked (reply with how they should be tweaked)
8%
I am okay with these changes but I have a different idea on how to change water that I think is even better (reply with your idea)
3%
I agree with the fishing boat changes, but disagree with the war ship changes (reply with why)
11%
I disagree with the fishing boat changes, but agree with the war ship changes (reply with why)
6%
I disagree with the changes and I have a different idea on how to change water that I think is better (reply with your idea)
3%
I don't think we should change water at all
10%
I think we should try to balance water through maps alone
17%
I would uninstall the patch if these changes were implemented
11%

Total votes: 63

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Changing water for EP 4

Post by Goodspeed »

Dsy wrote:"Even those maps will become all about water if we make fishing boats cheap enough that both civs will want to build them early. The goal is to make this worth it, but not make it so good that the player will disregard land altogether. That's why we need to be careful about having too many resources on the water."

There is a better solution for that i think. You need build limit fishing boats instead of make less fishes on map.

For example:
Changing fishing boat limit to 12 (can be tweaked later if necessary)
Change fishing boats cost to 50w (can be changed later if necessary)

So the idea is basicly make fishing boats cost less until a point its totally viable, however limit its eco potential by using build limits.
Build limits remove choices. It should be up to the players to decide how many boats they should be making based on the amount of res on the map and any effects it would have on the size of their land army or the speed of their build.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

However if you making resource caps that means only one player can go to water since its made only for one. If you make resources for two players and only one player claims it then water eco is better than land.

Plus with boat limit the alrady existed maps with more resources passively fixed. Not only the feauter maps are effected.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well players should battle for water if they want it.
Image Image Image
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

So the plan is making water only for one player resourcewise and fight for it if they want.

I just miss the opportunity to be able to gather peacefully on water by both player. Make timings when to strike and stuff. Its a constant war this way.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah that's why I think we should consider greatly improving dock attack vs ships. Perhaps range, too.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I checked ESOC Manchuria map. Saw it had 4 whales 14 fishes.
On that particular map making 20 fishing boats just fine. But with lower cost + you can do that without schooners it could be extremely outgather land. That could be a must go water situation.
But correct me if im wrong. I dont know how strong a water boom cuold be with 60w boats...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dunno why we are changing something that always worked just fine.
Image Image Image
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Dsy wrote:I just miss the opportunity to be able to gather peacefully on water by both player. Make timings when to strike and stuff. Its a constant war this way.

True, but there are maps where each player has a 'pond' of water. So that should be oke.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Goodspeed wrote:Yeah that's why I think we should consider greatly improving dock attack vs ships. Perhaps range, too.

To improve camping? How do you get water back then? Would you do it on top of those warships' nerfs? Would you consider then making a single warship after those changes?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pecelot wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Yeah that's why I think we should consider greatly improving dock attack vs ships. Perhaps range, too.

To improve camping? How do you get water back then? Would you do it on top of those warships' nerfs? Would you consider then making a single warship after those changes?
When you beat a guy and hes surprised of your strong play (for your PR strong) and says "nice smurf" even though you arent smurfing...my respond always: "thank you for the compliment" :mrgreen:

User was banned for this post.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Portos would be unbeatable on heavy water map. Dock attack is already OP with them once you have the 2 cards to improve their attack (600 attack I think) and they already have a good range.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

ugh :hmm:

Just owned by OP warships and monitors, after being ahead a lot.
Reminder of why water needs changing. :|
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

ugh :hmm:

Just won an unfavourable match-up by adding some fishing boats fluently to my build.
Reminder of why the hell people think water needs changing. :|
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:
pecelot wrote:

When you beat a guy and hes surprised of your strong play (for your PR strong) and says "nice smurf" even though you arent smurfing...my respond always: "thank you for the compliment" :mrgreen:

was this the pecelot ban hammer ? I would love to know who gives out all the warnings and bans
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Should you have any questions regarding moderation, head over to the Small Claims Court :!:
The user was banned for one day after keeping up with excessive spamming despite an official warning.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pecelot wrote:Should you have any questions regarding moderation, head over to the Small Claims Court :!:
The user was banned for one day after keeping up with excessive spamming despite an official warning.
"excessive spamming" :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I wonder what moderate spamming is.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Your posts, which is why they're still up.

On a serious note, let's not derail this thread, shall we... :roll:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pecelot wrote:Your posts, which is why they're still up.

On a serious note, let's not derail this thread, shall we... :roll:

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wut!!! No... Why??? It's already hard to break enemy ships covered by a dock. If you do this, the player who isnt making fishing boats is going to have no way to kill the enemy docks from the water. Dock fire is fine as it is now tbh, specially if shiprange is reduced.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:
Dsy wrote:"Even those maps will become all about water if we make fishing boats cheap enough that both civs will want to build them early. The goal is to make this worth it, but not make it so good that the player will disregard land altogether. That's why we need to be careful about having too many resources on the water."

There is a better solution for that i think. You need build limit fishing boats instead of make less fishes on map.

For example:
Changing fishing boat limit to 12 (can be tweaked later if necessary)
Change fishing boats cost to 50w (can be changed later if necessary)

So the idea is basicly make fishing boats cost less until a point its totally viable, however limit its eco potential by using build limits.
Build limits remove choices. It should be up to the players to decide how many boats they should be making based on the amount of res on the map and any effects it would have on the size of their land army or the speed of their build.

K, lets remove buildlimit for warships XD and make a caravel 5 pop, a galleon 7 and 10 for a frig/monitor. Its op to the player if he wants to have 10 minotors right???
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yes well, I think the reason they put a build limit on war ships instead of making them cost pop is because they tended to make the game lag. And that's fair enough.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you don't see a problem with a player making 10 monitors?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Not after the range nerf and them costing 10 pop
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

well, they should cost 8 pop on ep. not sure how the range nerf matters, with the special attack 10 or 11 of them can still neutralize anything that comes within 60 range of the coast. but whatever... i know how this conversation will go =_=