Serious post...few gold mines with france are a pain

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Serious post...few gold mines with france are a pain

Post by Mameluke »

Soooo hello ESOC guys, time for a serious post again ...I want all medium players like me or even below that to remind of an important thing by explaining my main mistake in the game to you:

I just played with French vs Russia on New England and had only 2 or 3 gold mines available he had at least 4. (obv Russia doesnt need that much gold anyway). My main mistake was that I didnt play like I should, I went for a semi-ff with some huss and then spammed cuirassiers (each one 150g) and my gold ran out faster than I expected and even had to switch to xbow pike at some point. If I did it correct I couldve gone for at least a little bit water play (boats on whales) and/or first a colonial play with xbow/pike (or even xbow huss or musk/xbow????) to not waste gold so fast. So always adapt on how your resources allow you to play...

By the way I might be totally wrong with this thread, so correct me if I am wrong but it happened the first time to me that I was out of coin that fast and think I had to play it like mentioned before. Tips for better strats on such sh*tty maps are welcome.

ps: I hope you like this thread @deleted_user4
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Serious post...few gold mines with france are a pain

Post by Gendarme »

You are not supposed to spam cuirassiers (although it hurts me to say this). The problem with cuirassiers is not that they cost "a lot" of coin - they in fact cost 50% coin and 50% food, just like dragoons (which are the unit you should have been making probably). Skirmishers are even more gold heavy as they cost 57% coin and 43% food. Three gold mines are enough to go to the Fortress Age with, and no, don't make fishing boats as France. It is possible to play it out in Colonial Age, but going to Fortress Age is by no means a bad decision. Russia really struggles against France in general, so you can do whatever you please, more or less. More often than not, I would go with a 10 hussar semi-FF.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

my respond always: "thank you for the compliment" :mrgreen:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:You are not supposed to spam cuirassiers (although it hurts me to say this). The problem with cuirassiers is not that they cost "a lot" of coin - they in fact cost 50% coin and 50% food, just like dragoons (which are the unit you should have been making probably). Skirmishers are even more gold heavy as they cost 57% coin and 43% food. Three gold mines are enough to go to the Fortress Age with, and no, don't make fishing boats as France. It is possible to play it out in Colonial Age, but going to Fortress Age is by no means a bad decision. Russia really struggles against France in general, so you can do whatever you please, more or less. More often than not, I would go with a 10 hussar semi-FF.

in this case making some boats wouldnt be too bad i think.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It would, because it takes way too long for a 200w dock + 100w fishing boats to pay off. You will simply have to invest too much wood into it, leaving your land army worthless.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

3 gold mines should easily be enough, by the time they are depleted you should have a solid age 3 mass already, that russia usually can't hold. You just push and grab mapcontrol, and win.
That's provided you have enough hunts though. If your food really sucks, you will probably have to go for age 2 timing push with your cdbs, to break the fb and get map.

Don't make fishing boats btw, it's too slow to pay off. For 800w, you can have 10 cdbs on a plantation, or 6 fishing boats on whales. Whales and plantations have the same gathering speed, so 10 cbs on a plantation are actually worth 12.5 fishing boats on whales. Even if we nitpick and say that cdbs have to move on plantations, which makes the gathering a bit lower, and that you can upgrade your fishing boats more easily than plantations, I don't think going for a dock is better.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

More importantly, it takes forever to build 10 fishing boats from one dock - and each additional dock costs 200w, and where will you find a window to fish boom anyway so that it has pays off by the time you want to push?
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:More importantly, it takes forever to build 10 fishing boats from one dock - and each additional dock costs 200w, and where will you find a window to fish boom anyway so that it has pays off by the time you want to push?

k i think i played too much aoeo boats there have op gather rate ^_^
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mameluke wrote:
Gendarme wrote:More importantly, it takes forever to build 10 fishing boats from one dock - and each additional dock costs 200w, and where will you find a window to fish boom anyway so that it has pays off by the time you want to push?

fish boom as france ??
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Mameluke wrote:

fish boom as france ??

i heard in some streams of interjection that you COULD go for water also as france...well maybe he was wrong there.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

u see diarouga vs kaiser

kasier didnt no anything on water cause 100w too much to invest and french land boom > sea boom anyway. It's quickr and better
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You can ship 1000 coin for a decisive push, take the trading route to have a steady income of gold, though basically once you have it in the third age in such a MU it's very tough to lose, which makes your next moves rather irrelevant. A thing to consider, apart from those mentioned above, is switching to veteran xbow + pike composition, as it's easy to spam and doesn't require as much effort and as many expenses as switching to 800-wood plantations. Adding natives can be somewhat beneficial, too, but it depends on the circumstances, of course. If you're playing as the Portuguese, you can send the Treaty of Tordesillas card for guard Besteiros.