9%

Total votes: 90

France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: Poll - Hardest civ to play

Post by bwinner »

Aztec 10/10 (macro, micro and strat r hard)
India 9/10 same but micro easier
7/10 : ger (micro), jap (defense, strat ?), brit (macro, strat)
6/10 spain (micro with 4+units), port
5/10 fr (strat), dutch
4/10 russia, china
3/10 sioux, iro (re)
2/10 otto
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I'm going to venture with Aztec.

I like how this poll does not include Otto.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
rsy wrote:Aztec hands down Japan close second.
India's macro is ezpz and straightforward after a few games what're u guys talking about?

pretty much this

it gets a lot harder when you start to play india as theyre meant to be played. With early or transition tp.
spain macro is easy as long as you are able to herd (both meaning that you have herds, and the skill to herd, which even many top players dont have or ateast dont show even in tourney games). Spains micro is indeed where it gets tougher, many different groups, and no longer the mass and stats to deathball.

It doesnt take that much macro to learn that india stuff though, and their micro isnt difficult in most MUs
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Indian macro is kind of just, put same amount of vills on all resources and it sort of works out. Adjust as needed. You go through resources less quickly than other civilizations which makes their macro even easier.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Whats so hard about Aztec then? I also don't see how consulate rushia is actually hard. Japan can be hard but it can be easy, but probably on average somewhat hard.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Jerom wrote:Whats so hard about Aztec then? I also don't see how consulate rushia is actually hard. Japan can be hard but it can be easy, but probably on average somewhat hard.

Well the micro is harder because any lt can a move musk but microing mace puma takes a fair amount of skill. Their macro is also hard as they need all 3 resources for only a 2 unit composition. Wood is also a key resource for azzy to maintain unit production as well as not getting housed early especially (10 mace, 9mace). They also dont have a set build, as they get so many shipments, and civs with more options tend to be harder than civs with 2 or 3 builds (france otto russia)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:spain macro is easy as long as you are able to herd (both meaning that you have herds, and the skill to herd, which even many top players dont have or ateast dont show even in tourney games). Spains micro is indeed where it gets tougher, many different groups, and no longer the mass and stats to deathball.

I agree, wanted to write something similar but eventually opted not to :P There are a lot of groups you need to micro individually, as it's not like China when you have a giant death-ball of cavalry and redcoats to finish off your opponent. From European civs — the ones I play — I'd say Ports can be tough to manage when you have 50 vills and nowhere to gather on the map while simultaneously having a crap skirmisher unit and overall awkward unit composition with organ guns on top of that.

bwinner1 wrote:7/10 : ger (micro)

hard to attack-move uhlans :twisted:
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Hardest civilizations are the ones where you need to control all 3 of your resources and adapt your builds a lot, so probably Japan, Britain, India, Aztec. These civilizations have a high skill cap.

I don't know why people vote for Spain and China, these civilizations are not strong but are not hard to play, you know what you are going to do from the start.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

it gets a lot harder when you start to play india as theyre meant to be played. With early or transition tp.
spain macro is easy as long as you are able to herd (both meaning that you have herds, and the skill to herd, which even many top players dont have or ateast dont show even in tourney games). Spains micro is indeed where it gets tougher, many different groups, and no longer the mass and stats to deathball.

It doesnt take that much macro to learn that india stuff though, and their micro isnt difficult in most MUs

It honestly not difficult for any civ. Same for micro. This is like asking who is 1 mm taller. Its really kinda moot. I see no reason why aztec macro is any harder than india. Their micro slightly harder if the need to make alot of pike
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

As a lowbob I have always found aztec the hardest in terms of micro. Half the battle is remembering what unit counters what. Their unique unit roster is, to a new player more difficult to fathom compared to most civs. I also find India tough to play, more because of their macro, but also in terms of their build order as they have a lot of options early game.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hmm I think with Aztecs they are not necessarily hard to play, rather very different and also underplayed. Hardest civ to master is probably India, although sepoys being so strong makes them a lot easier to play than they otherwise would be.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

pecelot wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3399

my respond always: "l2search nob"

Thanks for giving us the permission to bump old threads.
Error 404: Signature not found
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sure, with the difference being that you missed the point.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

umeu did vote iros?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I am not good at defining things; for example brits and french are said to be adaptable civs which gives them many options. Is this variety makes a civ harder or easier since you have more options to choose, many people claim it is harder but i think it makes a civ easier to play. What are your opinions?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I didnt vote. But iro isnt easier to play than france, and and only marginally easier than civs like russia or germany. So many people think that easy to win equals easy to play, or hard to win means hard to play.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

HUMMAN wrote:I am not good at defining things; for example brits and french are said to be adaptable civs which gives them many options. Is this variety makes a civ harder or easier since you have more options to choose, many people claim it is harder but i think it makes a civ easier to play. What are your opinions?

i think its harder then because you always have to choose the best possible option which isnt that easy for an unexperienced player
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's probabaly Germany. Macro with that civ is hell.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

deleted_user wrote:It's probabaly Germany. Macro with that civ is hell.

Really? I don't feel like it's hard at all lol, the only awkward thing is chopping for houses in age 3...
But maybe that's cause Germany was my first civ to play
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's because settler wagons, these individual units, account for double the economic productivity of a regular villager while still simultaneously only being worth "one" in the villagers-on-resources graphic. I can no longer adjust macro based soley on that little counter thingy as I've always done and it messes with me hard.
United States of America SheldonLef
Crossbow

Post by SheldonLef »

SirCallefn wrote:It's because settler wagons, these fun online bingo sites individual units, account for double the economic productivity of a regular villager while still simultaneously only being worth "one" in the villagers-on-resources graphic.

The Aztecs imo.
United States of America loquacioushoneybee
Crossbow

Post by loquacioushoneybee »

I have trouble with the russian civilisation. It is hard for me to keep making villagers and make units as well.
Ask not for whom the timer ticks, it ticks for thee.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

deleted_user wrote:It's probabaly Germany. Macro with that civ is hell.

the easy z move uhlan "micro" makes up for it though ;)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:It's because settler wagons, these individual units, account for double the economic productivity of a regular villager while still simultaneously only being worth "one" in the villagers-on-resources graphic. I can no longer adjust macro based soley on that little counter thingy as I've always done and it messes with me hard.

thats why you basically keep them either on coin or wood. (or later mills/plantations) because those res run out slower, and it's easy to spot what's what.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yes, just keep sws on coin and vils on food. There's a ton of reasons to do that:
- With all sw on coin, you know that you have +8 vils on coin basically, which makes the maths easier
- Sws are weaker to raids. And it just so happens that your in base goldmines are usually harder to raid than hunts
- Sws suck at herding, because of their shit shooting animation + everytime they move it's 2 vils walking, which is a waste of resources. On gold mines, they won't move, whereas on hunts they will.
- You anyway want to build your buildings with sws since it's faster. When sws are on gold mines, it means you can easily build your stuff around the gold mines, to protect them. It's how I always turtle as germany, with houses protecting gold mines.
- It just so happens that early on, sws on coin/vils on food is more or less the perfect macro to make uhlans and vils. Makes it easy.

The first 3 reasons also show that you should put your sws on wood, if you start xbow pike.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..