ESO: fei123456

Re: Official AOE:3 Definitive Edition Thread

Post by fei123456 »

Goodspeed is to do this job lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ye didn't EP (icourt) fix like some hundred bugs and animations? It's free labor, Microsoft!
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

If they don't change the netcoding (they prob won't), they should implement the ability to see the pings of each player in game, so that when the game lags players know who it is.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Lets make a list of things that need to be done for the DE version. And then post it on the official Aoe3 forums. (also things like larger maps, diplomacy, 2v2v2 etc)

AoM EE had stopped revceiving support. But then the fans contacted MS and it agreed to make a patch if they provided a priority based list of bugs/balance/features.

It could very well be possible that the DE turns out to be a dud like AomEE with none of the important things addressed. So the community needs to be proactive to make sure MS does no mistake this time.
No Flag AOEIVrouga
Crossbow

Post by AOEIVrouga »

I hope they'll contact the community but I honestly doubt it.
Also patching the game is going to be hard, because some noobs and most treaty players don't want the EP to be official.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

AOEIVrouga wrote:I hope they'll contact the community but I honestly doubt it.
Also patching the game is going to be hard, because some noobs and most treaty players don't want the EP to be official.

Most treaty players? I think there are more team games on Tp thaen on ep... And how many treaty players you know? :dry:

BTW im not so hyped about Aoe 4 im afraid it's garbage
shit juice :hmm:
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Esoc patch should be a reference. Not copied as is.
Its not ideal since they were worried to scare the limited player base away if made major changes.
I feel there should be single game version for all modes. Its very well possible but needs some restructuring. Would take things from both EP and TP. Currently no patch serves that purpose.

The old Age sanctuary FP was work in that direction.

One of the reasons the Aoe2 players didnt switch to AOM or Aoe3 was that in latter choosing a civ pushes your hand in certain strategies. That limits replayability and fun. In Aoe2 civ even while being polarised still were able to execute most of the strategies. So more options every game.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Ep is garbage. Hopefully they will use the treaty patch as their official patch
r]
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

I think aoe3 de should get rid of supremacy game mode. noobs dont know how to build economies. noob rushers
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Let's relax on the treaty vs. supremacy debate guys...

Also @drsingh I don't think making every civ able to execute every strategy raises replayability. If all the civs are the same, switching civs isn't as big of a change, and this lowers replayability. Having 14 different civs, which results in a lot of different MUs to learn (something like 150ish if I remember right?) is more than enough replayability. I think trying to standardize civs can only lower that.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

ocemilky wrote:I think aoe3 de should get rid of supremacy game mode. noobs dont know how to build economies. noob rushers

Amen, my pale brother from another mother
r]
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

native civ units also should get a new design its pretty hard to distinguish aenna from tomahawk for example
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's really not.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I don't know of any treaty players that have spoken out against ep being made official, at least, I am fully on board with EP or something similar to EP being made the official patch. I would love a balanced quicksearch. We would stick to playing treaty on our third party patch either way. By the way, the treaty patch in its current state should not be used as a model for any official patch whatsoever, even if it only effects treaty. It's too messy, there are too many changes, and some of the changes are too drastic.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I don't think ep balance being official is good. The goal of the ep was to try to balance the game but in a way to stick as much as possible to official patch. That's not needed for AOE:DE. They can buff grens, halbs, priests, etc, and 60% of useless homecity cards which would be cool cause it brings tons more strategy to the game
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

There's no predicting the implications to civ balance after such changes though. The game may be better overall, but equally if not more unbalanced than before.
I doubt there will be any balance changes. They have no one working there who would have any clue what the game needs, and it seems unlikely to me that they would blindly trust a third party. More likely there's quality of life improvements but no changes to game play, like with AoE2HD.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Rikikipu wrote:I don't think ep balance being official is good. The goal of the ep was to try to balance the game but in a way to stick as much as possible to official patch. That's not needed for AOE:DE. They can buff grens, halbs, priests, etc, and 60% of useless homecity cards which would be cool cause it brings tons more strategy to the game

that would just create a plethora of new problems. Theyll never going to do that
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:if they make a definitive edition and start balancing the game again though, well, not sure how that'll pan out for us. moesbar would be fixed, possibly we get an updated/better version of ESO? many questions that need answering. if they start supporting the game then maybe EP would have to step to the side. i'm not sure. this feels like Agesanc FP versus RE all over again.

i'm cautiously optimistic but the EP is also really good. especially the maps. everyone would benefit if we could get in touch with the guys making the DE somehow

What if they'd reach out to us and then do the garja maps and the esoc patch? I mean surely they do a little research, it must not be hard to know about us and the fact that this is where the aoe3 community comes to and then reach out to one of the staff? H2O has been awfully silent throughout all of this :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

kami_ryu wrote: H2O has been awfully silent throughout all of this :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Mitoe also correct me if im wrong
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Mameluke wrote:
kami_ryu wrote: H2O has been awfully silent throughout all of this :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I haven't been around much lately, either. :hmm:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

musketeer925 wrote:
Mameluke wrote:

I haven't been around much lately, either. :hmm:

Samwise12 also :hmm:

sry for shitposting @pecelot
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It's too late to be sorry.

Rumours say Acergame09 is the head of the balance team for the DE :!:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

for sure the ESO-C patch should not be adopted to the new patch

what should be added?

Some cool buffs as @Rikikipu mentioned, such as buffing grenadiers halbs etc,

new strat ideas and buff for the maps, low considered civs.

what should not be added?

anything related to ESO-C patch, ( eventhough the patch is perfect, pretty cool, obviously pretty balanced ) only because the ESO-C patch balance changes are not bringing any fun or attractivity to the mid-low level game at all, they can not just consider the pr32+ players, the changes should make everyone satisfied and Idk if the definitive edition will take part for balance changes or just the graphic, game motor changes.. we will see,
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:What if they'd reach out to us and then do the garja maps and the esoc patch? I mean surely they do a little research, it must not be hard to know about us and the fact that this is where the aoe3 community comes to and then reach out to one of the staff? H2O has been awfully silent throughout all of this :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Quote from the other thread "There is contact but the guys under an NDA so I don't know how much they can say."
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

On a different note: Most of us will buy aoe3 DE regardless of its price, but what are you specting it to be?