Official AoE 4 Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Official AoE 4 Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

jesus3 wrote:This is just another post about being excited and may qualify as a shitpost but oooh bwoooi

No post is shit in these times :D
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
jesus3 wrote:This is just another post about being excited and may qualify as a shitpost but oooh bwoooi

hey, u single or?
Top quality poster.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Laurence Drake wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

hey, u single or?

Except some.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Let's not divide the community over pointless debates over whether AOE4 will have treaty. Nobody knows what game modes AOE4 will have, since we don't know which period(s) of time it will encompass.

And, tbh, what bothers you if some players like to play another game mode? We should focus more on our efforts to influence Microsoft in fixing everything major that is wrong in AOE3 for now.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I think it's more likely that treaty won't be in aoe4. It's just not a real gamemode in an RTS and it has never been; AFAIK it was only added because the community wanted it, and I doubt Microsoft is going to listen to the community in this era.
I see your point but treaty is definitely a thing in other RTS, not only AoE3. In AoE2 there's no actual treaty but some play in black forest which basically means 30+ min treaty. Arena is 20+ min treaty. "Forest nothing", which is a game mode where you are surrounded by trees and have to cut them down to get to your enemies, probably more than an hour.
And there's Knights and Merchants. Not a very popular game I'll admit, but anyway it not only has treaty, treaty is the only game mode being played. To be fair, the "boom" in KaM is much more interesting because the economy is complex and it takes an hour to get 50 military units out, but it counts :P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Indeed, BF in AoC is the NR of AoE3, plus in Cossacks you have Peace Time, which is also an essential thing in the meta.
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Post by jsimons1289 »

KaM was awesome...

But it took forever to get your economy going and there was no ability to pause the game. And if you don't feed your settlers or army they all die, which was a little tragic when you returned from a quick power nap.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Ive just read that theyre working on AoE4 already and that "its not their first day"...so something is going on already, nice! They also said optimisticly release date will be in the end of 2018 but more realistic is 2019.

GERMAN source: http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/age-of-e ... 18696.html
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

jsimons1289 wrote:KaM was awesome...

But it took forever to get your economy going and there was no ability to pause the game. And if you don't feed your settlers or army they all die, which was a little tragic when you returned from a quick power nap.
You know theres a remake?
They fixed many issues in the engine (rewrote it, actually). The multiplayer community is tiny but still active.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

borg- wrote:I think it covers all ages together, since age stone to the imperial.

lol u back men.. hahahh like you men.. see you AOE IV
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

The coolest dream I had in a while.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Brazil borg-
Crossbow
ESO: atlas_peido

Post by borg- »

look wrote:
borg- wrote:I think it covers all ages together, since age stone to the imperial.

lol u back men.. hahahh like you men.. see you AOE IV

Yeaah, see u too.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

AOEIVrouga wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Ye I'm genuinely curious as to why lordraph and ten others want treaty to be removed when the existence of treaty doesn't actually effect them in any way, other than occasionally having to click off of a twitch stream.

Well because treaty players don't want the EP to be made official for example.

Not sure where you get this from, I'd be fine with EP being made the official patch. We'd probably keep using our unofficial third party patch (obviously treaty patch will never be made official alongside EP because TP simply has too many changes and the community is too small).

Jerom wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Ye I'm genuinely curious as to why lordraph and ten others want treaty to be removed when the existence of treaty doesn't actually effect them in any way, other than occasionally having to click off of a twitch stream.

Id simply find it hilarious. Imagine all the triggered treaty players.

Fair enough.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I think it's more likely that treaty won't be in aoe4. It's just not a real gamemode in an RTS and it has never been; AFAIK it was only added because the community wanted it, and I doubt Microsoft is going to listen to the community in this era.

Ye I agree with you on this. I do not expect treaty in aoe4, or if they do add it I don't expect it to become a thing. I was just asking why people want it removed from aoe3.

Dolan wrote:And, tbh, what bothers you if some players like to play another game mode?

This is what I'm asking.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Where the hell is H2O? Suspicious... :hmm:

Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

phpBB [video]
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Finally after 12 years! The AoE era continues! New AoE, New stuff and a new generation to play!!! I know this would happen.... They have been always just silent about it...
oranges.
No Flag bryant183
Crossbow

Post by bryant183 »

thank goodness
United States of America Blondie1011
Crossbow

Post by Blondie1011 »

If its good then it will revamp forums , groups , chats , and if its bad it will do the same thing except we will all be complaining lol . I will hope for the first outcome . :biggrin:
I am probally the second worst player in the History of AOE :ohmy:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

suupper cool. I am excited that in a few years AOE is going to be a major player in the RTS and gaming world in general with a remastered game in each age and new one... time to start saving for a new computer I guess...

as for the TR haters, I could see TR in a WW1 setting.... with basically epic battle power, which is what all TR players want anyway. A time to prepare the battle field with trenches, traps, obstacles etc... we could even ask for other game modes like a TR DM to speed things up a little bit.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

howlingwolfpaw wrote: we could even ask for other game modes like a TR DM to speed things up a little bit.

Do you mean...blitzkrieg? ;)
r]
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

I cant wait to see what its like. I hope its more like AOE2.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

fml
No Flag maglev
Crossbow

Post by maglev »

This is huge news! I haven't been on AoE for a while but saw the announcement and can't wait to join you guys again!
No Flag Dandadespot
Crossbow

Post by Dandadespot »

Can't wait for this :O
United States of America PaulZampino
Crossbow
ESO: Punisher2L84U

Post by PaulZampino »

So total speculation, but what do you think the system requirements are going to be like