Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

02 Nov 2017, 14:42

SirCallen wrote:https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/3074/aoe4-director-quinn-duffy-offering-some-insight-and-also-talking-a-bit-about-aoe

Latest news

- Quinn: We want players to get to that strategy in a way that isn't limited by physical skill (reflexes/APM)

That's probably good news for aoe3 lovers. At least I love it, granted you never know for sure with game companies since they might just remove all macro mechanics and make units unmicroable.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

02 Nov 2017, 14:46

Yeah it sounds like a direct dig at the sc2 style of apm rts which I can support. Most fans of the aoe franchise would say aoe3 is the most dumbed down mechanically and I love aoe3. I don't think they can, in good conscience, simplify mechanics more so than in this game so I'm not too worried.
Jan 12-14 Basement Charity Telethon -- $3300+ raised
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

02 Nov 2017, 14:47

Ever heard of grey goo?

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

02 Nov 2017, 14:51

That's why I amended it to say "in good conscience" :p
Jan 12-14 Basement Charity Telethon -- $3300+ raised
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

02 Nov 2017, 16:19

Jerom wrote:Ever heard of grey goo?
i own it. Never played, never will, not interested, don't want anything to do with it.
I kissed a girl and I liked it
The taste of her cherry chap stick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Donator 01
ESO: n0eL

02 Nov 2017, 16:46

when I read that, I thought it was bad news. To me it reads more aoe2 mass base building economy style rather than aoe3 or sc2 where unit control is a premium.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

02 Nov 2017, 16:49

I think aoe2 is widely considered to be very hard mechanically?

Germany lordraphael
Howdah

02 Nov 2017, 16:52

Jerom wrote:I think aoe2 is widely considered to be very hard mechanically?

its hard. However mostly becuase things like shiftclick dont work. Pathing is fucked up etc. aoe 2 remastered would be a lot easier even if they were to make the exact same game just with quality of life improvements.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

02 Nov 2017, 16:53

Whenever I play it I'm content if I can keep up with macro against an AI thats bad and not even attacking me, not sure how much shift click would improve that since it just requires a lot of actions to macro.

Forum Info

Return to “General”