Age of Empires 3 Reflection Thread.

Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Re: Age of Empires 3 Reflection Thread.

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Definitely the Agent or spy rushing of early TWC! Sevestapol was also a crazy strategy and was very fun to play (but not against).
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:Definitely the Agent or spy rushing of early TWC! Sevestapol was also a crazy strategy and was very fun to play (but not against).

what did that card do back then ? Just higher numbers ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:Definitely the Agent or spy rushing of early TWC! Sevestapol was also a crazy strategy and was very fun to play (but not against).

What was the Sevestalpol BO?
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

lordraphael wrote:

what did that card do back then ? Just higher numbers ?

It doubled their HP, giving you a quite cheap and powerful unit that didn't have an immediate counter.

British players were spamming it all day long, almost nothing you can do. Both spies and the card itself were subsequently nerfed.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

TheArtofWars wrote:

What was the Sevestalpol BO?

No BO in particular, the card was just so OP that blockhouses and houses were almost instant with a single villager.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

They must of nerfed Sevestapol quite hard
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

in a team game, a chinese player sending landgrab, and a british player sending team faster building for houses. the chinese player can instantly place villages anywhere on a scouted map pattern (doesnt have to be a unit nearby) without building! u heard it here first
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Wut
Pay more attention to detail.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

go test it with ur friend. send landgrab as china and he sends team faster house building. u place a village with ur vill anywhere on the map and its instantly built..
im not kidding ^^ not saying its viable.. but its fun to do
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Yeah I understood what you said. Just...

...wut
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, well, just like with any other house-like buildings, like, hmm, manors! They give vills! :?
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

pecelot wrote:Yeah, well, just like with any other house-like buildings, like, hmm, manors! They give vills! :?

Nothin' like cracking a cold Virginia Company Manor Boom with the boys.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

I didn't buy it immediately when the game came out because I couldn't convince my parents but I read all about it for a month and had a screenshot from gamespot review page as my windows 95 desktop wallpaper (yes win95 in 2005 lol). I believe the map was New England with a units around a cannon with outpost on the side, i'll try to find it).

Anyways we went to Futureshop to get a new desktop and I remember having to beg my dad there to buy it.

Played the game religiously from the on. I remember 14k ppl online on ESO. DM was huggee back then and 3v3 DM was super fun, I mostly played that. I remember watching IamGrunt vs Parfait WCG finals. This was before H2O i believe and the video was streamed at like 144p quality haha.

Anyways, I stopped playing much after TWC/TAD came out and ESO shut down. It just wasn't the same after that. All my friends were gone, ESO pop had dropped to abysmal 1.5k down from the glory days of 14k+. All DM games were gone. I briefly returned in 09/10.

Then about 10 months ago or so (last October) I reinstalled the game (after 7 years) and found ESOC. It's better than the 09/10 situation but I still feel nostalgic and bad when playing the game. So now I just resort to watching and trolling on twitch streams.

EDIT: Found the screenshot lol. It was IGN review, no Gamespot.

Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

^see, protecting cannons not that hard people
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

i have a hard time believing that 14 k have ever been online on eso
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

pecelot wrote:Yeah, well, just like with any other house-like buildings, like, hmm, manors! They give vills! :?

u dont seem to understand. u can place a building everywhere on a map even with islands( for example amazonia) and send a shipment theu that building. i think its pretty awesome

NEED MORE XP
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

sebnan12 wrote:go test it with ur friend. send landgrab as china and he sends team faster house building. u place a village with ur vill anywhere on the map and its instantly built..

Yeah I can confirm that.
Fun fact: If you alter building time of tad wonders below 0, you also instantly build it without requiring a villager to build it and you also dont get an age up. Kinda funny.
r]
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

#EnsembleStudios
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ProjectW wrote:I didn't buy it immediately when the game came out because I couldn't convince my parents but I read all about it for a month and had a screenshot from gamespot review page as my windows 95 desktop wallpaper (yes win95 in 2005 lol). I believe the map was New England with a units around a cannon with outpost on the side, i'll try to find it).

Haha, my story was somewhat similar, I convinced my parents to buy the game for I think my birthday in January 2006, but until then I just read what I could about the game and had this screenshot on my Windows-98 old PC:

I thought about new units as an AoE2 player — considered all gunpowder infantry as Janissaries :D

Gichtenlord wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:go test it with ur friend. send landgrab as china and he sends team faster house building. u place a village with ur vill anywhere on the map and its instantly built..

Yeah I can confirm that.
Fun fact: If you alter building time of tad wonders below 0, you also instantly build it without requiring a villager to build it and you also dont get an age up. Kinda funny.

Indeed, I didn't get it — pretty counter-intuitive, lol :wood:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

fantastic screenshot you got there pece
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

That's crazy if true!
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

lordraphael wrote:i have a hard time believing that 14 k have ever been online on eso

In 2005 early 2006 10k was the norm.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer

Post by ProjectW »

pecelot wrote:Haha, my story was somewhat similar, I convinced my parents to buy the game for I think my birthday in January 2006, but until then I just read what I could about the game and had this screenshot on my Windows-98 old PC:

Wow i actually remember that screenshot lol.
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

ProjectW wrote:
lordraphael wrote:i have a hard time believing that 14 k have ever been online on eso

In 2005 early 2006 10k was the norm.

Screenshots? Proof?
It's not that I don't believe you, it's not. I would never doubt people.
I just don't believe you. I don't believe that so many people played this game at the time.

But yeah, some proof would be great... great enough to hype me for AoE4's numbers.