Age of Empires 3 Reflection Thread.

No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Age of Empires 3 Reflection Thread.

Post by Kommander »

Hello, eso-community. As many of you know, Age of Empires 3 is an ancient RTS video game.
It has been around for 12 years with its last expansion coming out 10 years.
I wanted to make this thread to highlight the ups and downs, bumps in the roads, and milestones of Age of Empires 3 throughout its lifetime.
With Age of Empires 3's remaster, Age of Empires 1's remake, and Age of Empires 4 being announced I think this would be an appropriate time to sit back and reflect on Age of Empire 3's run.
Now, Age of Empires 3 is my first AoE game and i've only played in 2008. Then I proceed to start back in 2014 and then I fully immersed myself in the community by 2017. That leaves my experience and history at nothing.

What are things you want to reflect on that have happened throughout its lifetime? Maybe people like myself will have a better understanding as well before we potentially move onto the newer games, which still might be horrible and deter us far, far away. :lol:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Age of Empires 3 Reflection Thread.

Post by Gendarme »

What will the most memorable build be when we think back 10 years from now? Russian 5 4 13? Ottoman jan rush? The Samwise-build? ekshbow/piki?
Pay more attention to detail.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Gendarme wrote:What will the most memorable build be when we think back 10 years from now? Russian 5 4 13? Ottoman jan rush? The Samwise-build? ekshbow/piki?

aztec FI
r]
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Gendarme wrote:What will the most memorable build be when we think back 10 years from now? Russian 5 4 13? Ottoman jan rush? The Samwise-build? ekshbow/piki?

British virginia company boom
Error 404: Signature not found
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Tit's Indian 10/10 with lag, it's beautiful
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Manor market manor (manor) pen Brit boom
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

pirsohiki Spain
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ports..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Ports what? :|
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Either India's multiplayer elefant troll strategy or the simple but effective pike-boom.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Ottoman 2 rax jan ?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

What is a pike boom?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Gendarme wrote:What is a pike boom?

counter to gendarme-boom reks you every time
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

I've been playing this game most of my life. If Microsoft did shit out AOEO/mobile quality games imagine where we would be today -.-

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

TheArtofWars wrote:I've been playing this game most of my life. If Microsoft did shit out AOEO/mobile quality games imagine where we would be today -.-

AOEO was a terrible game and still is. The quest element killed it, I hope they fired the guy who made that idea. I really loved AoE so I was excited when it came out. I went out and bought a copy (it wasn't very explicit the marketing) and then fiddles about with the game for a while. Never redeemed my greek civ because I didn't know how. Lasted 1 hour before I switched back to a different AoE.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:I've been playing this game most of my life. If Microsoft did shit out AOEO/mobile quality games imagine where we would be today -.-

AOEO was a terrible game and still is. The quest element killed it, I hope they fired the guy who made that idea. I really loved AoE so I was excited when it came out. I went out and bought a copy (it wasn't very explicit the marketing) and then fiddles about with the game for a while. Never redeemed my greek civ because I didn't know how. Lasted 1 hour before I switched back to a different AoE.

AOEO being taken as serious as it is was the most depressing thing to happen to the AOE3 community. I guess people were just dying for something different no matter what! That's the only explanation I can think of.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

TheArtofWars wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:

AOEO being taken as serious as it is was the most depressing thing to happen to the AOE3 community. I guess people were just dying for something different no matter what! That's the only explanation I can think of.

What I want for a next aoe is just an upgraded engine and maybe a new feature (like the home city was etc). Not a pay to win MMORPG.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What I want for a next aoe is just an upgraded engine and maybe a new feature (like the home city was etc). Not a pay to win MMORPG.

That is truly a scary thought to me. If you think about all modern games that thought would scare you also. If they pull off AOE4 in a way like that without it being terrible then I'll be shocked tbh
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

>mfw AoE IV is just a low budget sham to get people to install Win10

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I love the Age series, but I am very skeptical. I am not sure why I am writing this in the first place, but I suppose it is always a great time to express hatred towards Microshit.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Gendarme wrote:>mfw AoE IV is just a low budget sham to get people to install Win10

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I love the Age series, but I am very skeptical. I am not sure why I am writing this in the first place, but I suppose it is always a great time to express hatred towards Microshart.

I think a really cool person is probably going to port it anyway :flowers:
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Gendarme wrote:>mfw AoE IV is just a low budget sham to get people to install Win10

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I love the Age series, but I am very skeptical. I am not sure why I am writing this in the first place, but I suppose it is always a great time to express hatred towards Microshit.

We have every right to be skeptical after their past actions in regards to the AoE franchise. I would argue that it is better than way, since it will hopefully make for more accountability.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Lol why would Microsoft risk their necks on one of their largest franchises to get people to upgrade their OS?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Having spyware and backdoors on the vast majority of personal computers is probably a lot more valuable than the Age of Empires brand. #worth

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Gendarme wrote:Having spyware and backdoors on the vast majority of personal computers is probably a lot more valuable than the Age of Empires brand. #worth

literally within an hour of installing Windows 10 yesterday I had to re-install because I got massive adware and viruses but then after many antivirus scans I found out it was the OS.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

That's a great antivirus. What's it called?