Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Post by Kaiserklein »

So it means you can't play rated against a mate? I don't like this idea
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Kaiserklein wrote:So it means you can't play rated against a mate? I don't like this idea

ye cause soooooooo many of us play rated against a friend, or better play rated at all.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

In terms of balance, it'd be nice to use the EP as a starter, and then maintain an even small balance team and tech support — something we lack so deeply up to this day for RE.

bwinner1 wrote:Why aoe3 is the one I prefere :
-A lot faster : I played aoe2 recently and this game is sooo slow, I felt like playing treaty.
[...] You also developpe yourself quicker (like a ff in aoe3 is 7-8 min age up where it's 20 mins at least in aoe2). In the end a game in aoe3 is arround 12 mins long in average, whereas it must be at least 40min in average in aoe2.

But AoC runs at 1.5 speed :ugeek:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Able to select and copy messages in game lobbies and private chats
r]
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Balance is very minor issue. Some also pointed out.

I think biggest changes like:
-Good server. Its so bad if you have router or a bit strange internet type you failed to join to games. Its a very huge problem which should be solved in the first hand.
-Anti cheat system.
-Reliable competitive multiplayer ingame envirement. I basicly mean no oos. Game never crash. No screenshoot bug where you can make the game lag. Remove pause (yes its offline feature shouldnt exist in multiplayer). Basicly the main point if your opponent leave or do some other tricks game shouldnt be closed for both player only for who made it. And if you dont do anything ingame you shouldnt get disconnected screen like oos.

And about balance: Just care about your game. Make a very small "game update team" who makes updates for balance purpose. It doesnt require a huge game developing team. Its basicly some number tweaks in files, like you modifie 5 mams ships by delete 5 and write 4. Its a very small task but very Important to have!
You can make AOE3:DE better than Re, however if you dont care later there will be unbalance and if noone cares about those easily fixable things game will die.
So its basicly ACTIVE OFFICIAL UPDATES.

+cannon bug fix by remove automatic stance changing :P
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Dsy wrote:Remove pause (yes its offline feature shouldnt exist in multiplayer).
Pause is great as long as you have a limited amount of pauses, the other player(s) can unpause at will, and you can't move around the map or command units while the game is paused.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Maybe pause your complaints for a second :hmm:
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Gendarme wrote:
Dsy wrote:Remove pause (yes its offline feature shouldnt exist in multiplayer).
Pause is great as long as you have a limited amount of pauses, the other player(s) can unpause at will, and you can't move around the map or command units while the game is paused.

So its just easier to remove.
Lets just face it. There is no pause in any competitive games.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It's also easier to not create another game.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

There is pause in dota, even in ti (22 milllion dolar prize) players sometimes pause the game because of lag etc.
But pause in aoe3 should be tweaked. I've come across an otto lamer who kept pausing and writing "pls quit"
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

lordraphael wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:So it means you can't play rated against a mate? I don't like this idea

ye cause soooooooo many of us play rated against a friend, or better play rated at all.

Well on ep I play rated sometimes, except in tourney periods because we all put a comp as p3 to hide the stats. Honestly I would be decayed to pr 25 on my main if it wasn't for hosted games on ep being rated. Not like it matters a lot anyway, but it just doesn't make much sense to me to make only qs rated.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Btw why would we remove the pause? How many times we have issues in tourneys (lag, mapscrews, one player having irl stuff...) and we need to pause the game. I can't imagine how it would go without pauses. And if it works in the most competitive setting (= a tourney), then in casual games it should exist as well.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You can pause like 15 times in AOE and the other player can remove it.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I think if QS wasn't shit, it would make sense. Not improving QS while restricting rated games to QS is obviously shit, but that's not what people are saying.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

QS in itself is not bad, it'd be nice if it was adjusted and had more options.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Btw lag never been solved until pause, and observer can write to players if its mapscrew no need pause for that.
Irl is the only reason, but its really abusable. In dota also saw people complain even pro players use it for abuse.

I dont like getting advantages by these things. So for me its bad.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

idk why you want to remove pause, literally zero games in a few thousand I met someone abusing that.. and even if I did, I could just unpause 15x.

also, sometimes pausing the game for a couple seconds helps reducing the lag.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Revamping to the scenario editor, and including an RMS tool would be awesome, as it may provide a lower barrier of entry into the custom games area. Also, rated king of the hill!
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

lemmings121 wrote:idk why you want to remove pause, literally zero games in a few thousand I met someone abusing that..

Clearly you've never played treaty.

But I agree removing pause would be bad.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dsy wrote:Btw lag never been solved until pause, and observer can write to players if its mapscrew no need pause for that.
Irl is the only reason, but its really abusable. In dota also saw people complain even pro players use it for abuse.

pause works pretty much fine in aoe. most ppl respect pause. only sore losers don't
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:

For Prussiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa__!!
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

hadrians wall
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Dsy wrote:Btw lag never been solved until pause, and observer can write to players if its mapscrew no need pause for that.

This literally never happens in AoE3. I don't know why you keep claiming it does.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

dicktator_ wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:idk why you want to remove pause, literally zero games in a few thousand I met someone abusing that..

Clearly you've never played treaty.

But I agree removing pause would be bad.

you got me :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

If you mean you guys still believe it's me, you know you can even check this guy's elo and see I met him twice in qs