Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Re: Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Post by Asateo »

Seeing in recs who won. --> makes searching for recs much easier.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Interjection wrote:Another quick one, didn't someone come up with AI that wasn't shit?

AI still has its own limitations due to the methods according to which it was built. It still won't pick the right counters in battles, protect cannons, it may still just garrison all villagers once you shoot at one of them with your explorer, it still doesn't do a good job at using expansions features, like fire pit dances or wonder abilities. I'm not an expert (at least from the technical side!), but in my humble opinion it would have to be reworked or even entirely rewritten to offer interesting game experience for somewhat-good players, who know BOs and have a good grasp of mechanics.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

Tradeposts should be made to be an exception to the "not build in base" rule? How often does it not happen that a player is able to take 1 TP less then the opponent because of TP-route spamn? I mean, a TP is harmless, no units come out of it and it would make MU's fairer.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

pecelot wrote:
Interjection wrote:Another quick one, didn't someone come up with AI that wasn't shit?

AI still has its own limitations due to the methods according to which it was built. It still won't pick the right counters in battles, protect cannons, it may still just garrison all villagers once you shoot at one of them with your explorer, it still doesn't do a good job at using expansions features, like fire pit dances or wonder abilities. I'm not an expert (at least from the technical side!), but in my humble opinion it would have to be reworked or even entirely rewritten to offer interesting game experience for somewhat-good players, who know BOs and have a good grasp of mechanics.

Yeah, but I have a good hope therefor. The AI was shit aswell in aoe2, but it was improved in aoe2HD and now it's quite impressiv I need to say. And it doesn't anymore moesbar hack as I suspect they do in aoe3 in expert mode (I think they have extra ress). In aoe2HD, the new expert AI just follow the real players build order. Then they have some weakness because their adaptation isn't great, but also some strength because their apm count can be higher than the oneof a human player in some situation (like I remember the AI doing an insane monk rush in aoe2HD with insane micro of monk to convert everything, I've got rekt^^).
Considering they did it for aoe2HD, we probably will have this in aoe3DE aswell.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Asateo wrote:Tradeposts should be made to be an exception to the "not build in base" rule? How often does it not happen that a player is able to take 1 TP less then the opponent because of TP-route spamn? I mean, a TP is harmless, no units come out of it and it would make MU's fairer.

i like that idea, but i think an atp upped tp right next to ur base might hurt ur vills when walking by. not sure about the multiplier though
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

sebnan12 wrote:
Asateo wrote:Tradeposts should be made to be an exception to the "not build in base" rule? How often does it not happen that a player is able to take 1 TP less then the opponent because of TP-route spamn? I mean, a TP is harmless, no units come out of it and it would make MU's fairer.

i like that idea, but i think an atp upped tp right next to ur base might hurt ur vills when walking by. not sure about the multiplier though

Hum, yeah, hadn't thought of that. That would be lame. In whatever way, it would be nice though if the TP-line problem would be adressed.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

bwinner1 wrote:Yeah, but I have a good hope therefor. The AI was shit aswell in aoe2, but it was improved in aoe2HD and now it's quite impressiv I need to say. And it doesn't anymore moesbar hack as I suspect they do in aoe3 in expert mode (I think they have extra ress). In aoe2HD, the new expert AI just follow the real players build order. Then they have some weakness because their adaptation isn't great, but also some strength because their apm count can be higher than the oneof a human player in some situation (like I remember the AI doing an insane monk rush in aoe2HD with insane micro of monk to convert everything, I've got rekt^^).
Considering they did it for aoe2HD, we probably will have this in aoe3DE aswell.

The AoE3 AI doesn't use „moesbar" hacks, as in it doesn't spawn units out of the blue, it just has a vastly improved rate for gathering, above all, but also for other things — basically an in-built handicap. I'm not too sure about the exact data, though it's definitely about that. The only times when AI creates troops on the spot is in campaign scenarios due to triggers, but that's rather irrelevant.

What? Could you say it again? :huh:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

pecelot wrote:

Being able to build tps which are inside the opponents tc building range
r]
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Meh, I don't really see why, unless we take map bugs into account.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:Meh, I don't really see why, unless we take map bugs into account.

Agreed, this rather needs to be fixed in the map scripts.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
pecelot wrote:Meh, I don't really see why, unless we take map bugs into account.

Agreed, this rather needs to be fixed in the map scripts.

Sure, it's oke either way, but sometimes you can take 2 TP's and your opponent 3 or the other way around.
Equal number of possible TP's is the way to go. :chinese:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, definitely.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

pecelot wrote:The AoE3 AI doesn't use „moesbar" hacks, as in it doesn't spawn units out of the blue, it just has a vastly improved rate for gathering, above all, but also for other things — basically an in-built handicap. I'm not too sure about the exact data, though it's definitely about that. The only times when AI creates troops on the spot is in campaign scenarios due to triggers, but that's rather irrelevant.

Lol I know, ofc, but adding res is what moesbar used to do before spawming monster trucks, that's harder to spot ;-)
Anyway that's fucking bad compare to aoe2HD AI
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Again, it's not exactly adding resources, if you mean it literally — it's just a vast increase of gathering rates, just to clarify :smile:
Though agreed, the AI in the previous iterations of the game used to have virtually-perfect micro, something that would spice things up when confronting a bot. In AoE3 it's too easy in this regard.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Another quick one,

When you go to switch the resource delivery at a trading post, it would be nice if there were a button that switched the delivery at all of your trading posts (or a hotkey for this).

Maybe if you hold crtl+shift and click on the new resource you want it would switch them all or something

Another quick one,

Fix it so you can invite people to scenario games (and that is correctly shows you ingame when you are playing in a scenario)

Enable to set age1, 2, 3 etc techs in scenario editor without having to do it manually
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Interjection wrote:Enable to set age1, 2, 3 etc techs in scenario editor without having to do it manually

I think they might improve the scenario editor for the future, which would also courage people to make new scenario maps etc.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'm not too sure they are willing to change the details of the game. I expect them to make the same changes of aoe1DE and hopefully fix connettivity issue plus some major bug fixing.

We should perhaps work on balance patch idea that is a good compromise between balance and simplicity.
Image Image Image
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Interjection wrote:When you go to switch the resource delivery at a trading post, it would be nice if there were a button that switched the delivery at all of your trading posts (or a hotkey for this).

Maybe if you hold crtl+shift and click on the new resource you want it would switch them all or something

There's a line between making a simple and easy to use UI and just making the game easier and I think this one crosses it.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

WickedCossack wrote:
Interjection wrote:When you go to switch the resource delivery at a trading post, it would be nice if there were a button that switched the delivery at all of your trading posts (or a hotkey for this).

There's a line between making a simple and easy to use UI and just making the game easier and I think this one crosses it.

seems to be the same for me. easier to use ui=easier game
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Point taken
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

Gichtenlord wrote:
pecelot wrote:

Being able to build tps which are inside the opponents tc building range

I think its good currently, that you dont get to make tp too close to enemys TC because tp has a good LOS and it can mean u get to see what enemy is doing without investing too much and even gain some economy out it.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Who is necessarily against making it so that when a factory wagon is sent, your factory build limit is increased by 1 (from 0) so that villagers can replace the factory if it's destroyed (I think they cost 550 coin and 350 wood or something like that)
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Interjection wrote:Who is necessarily against making it so that when a factory wagon is sent, your factory build limit is increased by 1 (from 0) so that villagers can replace the factory if it's destroyed (I think they cost 550 coin and 350 wood or something like that)

Destroying factories is stalemate breaker, your idea is not bad but i think most people will go for the mechanic they used to. But for late -game decks a card that allows you to build factory can be nice. Most people wouldnt use this card anyway, but for those who want it - like you- it would be nice. More cards!
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

Interjection wrote:Who is necessarily against making it so that when a factory wagon is sent, your factory build limit is increased by 1 (from 0) so that villagers can replace the factory if it's destroyed (I think they cost 550 coin and 350 wood or something like that)

Tbh, I like the idea of having a permanent damage to the economy, your idea makes even factories replaceable. Like for example, if I have suicided 50 musks in lategame to kill a factory, I dont want the enemy to have it back again :P
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I don't like the idea of changing the game if it doesn't contribute to balance or variety. Apart from the obvious changes (like the ones Garja and Jerom mentioned) I'd like to see reworks of shipments that are currently completely out of use. I think shipments are great because they bring variety, but we're still missing out on so much because a lot of the shipments are just utter shit.
Pay more attention to detail.