Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Re: Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Post by Interjection »

I now have just over 2 weeks off work so I have plenty of time to focus on creating the document that compiles all the ideas from this thread, should be done soon

Another quick one though, it would be nice if there was a toggle in the options menu that displayed what cards you sent during a game so that if you're streaming the viewers can see the build order. Also just useful to some players such as myself

Also, this would be useful more recorded games.

A revamp to recorded games generally would be nice, can we please disconnect their playback from being related to framerate >.<
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

They should add the esoc taunts to the download page or to the game :P
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

ATTTTACCCKCKKKK!!
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Can I get a list of all names who worked on the ESOC maps?

@Garja
@Rikikipu
@Durokan

Sorry for forgetting the rest :'(
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interjection wrote:Can I get a list of all names who worked on the ESOC maps?

Garja
Rikikipu
Durokan

Sorry for forgetting the rest :'(

To my knowledge, that list is complete.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

KingofOsmane
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Somppu complains about the maps so much he might as well be an honorary map developer.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Another idea,

Can sheep/other livestock please convert instantly
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Another quick one: Make SWs shoot instantly.

And maybe remove native vill's animation when hunting.

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

yoqpasa wrote:Another quick one: Make SWs shoot instantly.

And maybe remove native vill's animation when hunting.

This seems like a pretty decent quality of life change, I like it.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I think this thread should be pinned instead of this one :hmm:
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I wonder why nobody mentioned the postgame graphs yet. However i do think it would be nice to have graphs like res per secound or something like ressources on the battlefield.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

1. I do not know whether making cards and units viable is even allowed to propose without having a digital rock thrown at one's head... but if yes, let's make a list of them.
To paraphrase @pecelot "They had to put some cards to fill the space, so they made a lot of useless ones". :hmm:

Now this is the DE we are talking about, the only big opportunity to improve something on RE forever and the biggest wave of new players the game could ever catch. Are they going to find out, that a quarter or even more of game content finds no use at all :?:

I propose to just fix the dumb numbers... For example, :chinese: Empress Dowager getting :export: : :coin: ratio from 1:1.6 to 1:2.8 and giving some European civs 3 Outpost wagons instead of 2 is adding depth to the game, not... whatever it might be accused of being. The reset of some meta solutions that would follow after the improvements would only serve the good of us all.

Imagine how many new strats would emerge and how many current ones would get an opportunity to evolve. If players cannot be creative in the game anymore, if they cannot surprise their opponents in a way other than "surprisingly bad", the game looses them one by one until only nostalgic OCD users remain. :cry:

Remember, that a little balancing ESOC patch can be made also in a game with different numbers. :idea:

If I gather some likes or friendly support to this petition, I will start a new thread, write a file with a list of suggested changes and will manage them and update regularly whenever I spring or read a reasonable idea.

2. There was a concept of showing the range of possible building construction in treaty.
It could work the same way as the red range around the Hill of The King visible when you try to place a building construction there, just... reversed.

3. Fix mercenary Junk, it lacks the broadside attack even though it has a necessary stat description.
4. Fix trample mode speed and maybe tweak a bit the numbers. Fix trample mode bugs for certain units. Cuirs??
5. Dragbox formations could use help... Rattan Shields for example are walking behind ranged infantry.
6. Fix unit boxes, no more ridiculous opri/dog/cuir density. For infantry, do not make 49 musketeers stand in a giant square of a single file. It is 2017, could they please stand in 2 or 3 rows?
7. Make archer animations for low-range units faster - Seminoles, fire pit Warriors, Tupi, etc.

8. Literally "review", "refresh" (or some other marketing/corpo term) some native costs. 110 :wood: for a Cheyenne, for example...
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Imperial Noob wrote:Now this is the DE we are talking about, the only big opportunity to improve something on RE forever and the biggest wave of new players the game could ever catch. Are they going to find out, that a quarter or even more of game content finds no use at all :?:

I propose to just fix the dumb numbers... For example, :chinese: Empress Dowager getting :export: : :coin: ratio from 1:1.6 to 1:2.8 and giving some European civs 3 Outpost wagons instead of 2 is adding depth to the game, not... whatever it might be accused of being. The reset of some meta solutions that would follow after the improvements would only serve the good of us all.

Imagine how many new strats would emerge and how many current ones would get an opportunity to evolve. If players cannot be creative in the game anymore, if they cannot surprise their opponents in a way other than "surprisingly bad", the game looses them one by one until only nostalgic OCD users remain. :cry:

I could not agree more with this sentiment
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I also agree, i think that a lot of cards that are just bad and are never used should be tweaked or removed, because all they do is make the muy infamous card system more complicated, more grindy or just chaotic in general. We all agree that all cards should be unlocked from the get go, so, while having useless cards in the first place might have been a tool to make powerful card less accessible, this won't be the case anymore if they are all unlocked. Some might argue that removing cards or changing them too drastically might have a huge impact on the game, but in all honesty, is there anyone who would ever ship 10 cassadores in age 4? It's worth 800 food and 350 gold. It's just pointless to have such card when you have 5 organ guns or 3 horse artillery. Just make it 14/15 cassadores or remove it completely. This would be my suggestion for this specific card, but there are a lot more cards that in my opinion need to be tweaked.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I think weak cards should be tweaked as well, but op cards(boyar, genitour) should not be nerfed since they are unique to civ. It could be nice if church card would make missionaries cheaper for example. You may buff native cards if natives wont be changed. IMO playing natives should be forced, they are part of the map but they only occupy space. I am sure some pro players would say "omg this map is broken it destroys my semi ff build" but whatever.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Some cards are also overlapping, e.g. advanced mill and avanced plantation with land grab. AoE3 DE should be a nice occasion to clean the card system up a bit. As @Imperial Noob , i am also willing to help identifying unbalanced cards and bring them to the attention of ESOC, so that a decision/consideration can be made about them. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of free time now. I will have more from october onwards.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

HUMMAN wrote:I think weak cards should be tweaked as well, but op cards(boyar, genitour) should not be nerfed since they are unique to civ.

Of course not! The point is to make the game more cool, not less.

HUMMAN wrote:It could be nice if church card would make missionaries cheaper for example.

Additional effects are awkward to implement and hard to justify. I don't think we should lobby for them.

HUMMAN wrote:You may buff native cards if natives wont be changed. IMO playing natives should be forced, they are part of the map but they only occupy space. I am sure some pro players would say "omg this map is broken it destroys my semi ff build" but whatever.

Interesting. It would never occur to me that natives can be buffed that way. When you think of it Doylishly, they should be strong soldiers who know the terrain, so perhaps they should be just as an important element of the maps as the trade routes. Then a lot of timings would change, when both players would have to take for example Conquistadors or Tupis into account in their BOs... A lot depends on how much can we buff single cards so that France will still not become OP in age II.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I dont really like post balance changes ideas since its always the developers decision what they like. They wont probably listen.
So its better just flame then until the bad choices they made.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Relatively late, but why not make it possible to see if someone is still in the game after forfaiting. So the 'out' saying when you leave becomes unnecessary and you never talk to nobody if the other guy didn't say out.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

By the way, can we expect new patches periodically after 1.0 or will they just release DE, get as much $$$ as possible and dump it? Do we have only 1 chance?

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

yoqpasa wrote:By the way, can we expect new patches periodically after 1.0 or will they just release DE, get as much $$$ as possible and dump it? Do we have only 1 chance?

Nobody can know for sure, though the latter is more likely.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

MICRO$OFT
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think it will depend on sales. If AoE3 DE sells well then we might have some hopes. We'll see what they do with AoE1 DE.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

A small fix which i thought of -----> The ability to know who WON the game after the recorded game playback is finished.