Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Re: Shaping The Development of AoE3:DE

Post by HUMMAN »

Gendarme wrote:I don't like the idea of changing the game if it doesn't contribute to balance or variety. Apart from the obvious changes (like the ones Garja and Jerom mentioned) I'd like to see reworks of shipments that are currently completely out of use. I think shipments are great because they bring variety, but we're still missing out on so much because a lot of the shipments are just utter shit.

Yeah i agree, most of them as interjection said "shitment" If game makes priest + natives avaible cant imagine new meta. Imagine new Aizamk streams :grin:
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

One thing I notice is that when I see somebody who's just picked up the game streaming for the first time, they usually don't have all the good settings on.

Like they don't max zoom on, don't have gatherers per resource, weird graphics, etc

DE should pick the best options
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

One more i thought ----> What is with the Dutch church card which gives u bank limit +2 , but reduces 10% speed on all units. Why does one have to reduce army speed in order to get more eco , just seems weird and wrong. Also, Why the hell this civ need to reach age5 to have max eco (10 banks). Idk if this is fixed in ep or no, but this thing needs a fix. Can consider this as a change for aoe:DE or even EP.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

When soldiers get addicted to coffee, their discipline decreases so they march slower.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Traditionally those church cards come with a benefit and a drawback so I get why Dutch has to lose speed.

But given that banks are so important to Dutch it is a bit dumb, yeah

EDIT: -Fix the bug that resets the game volume when you tab out
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ssaraf wrote:One more i thought ----> What is with the Dutch church card which gives u bank limit +2 , but reduces 10% speed on all units. Why does one have to reduce army speed in order to get more eco , just seems weird and wrong. Also, Why the hell this civ need to reach age5 to have max eco (10 banks). Idk if this is fixed in ep or no, but this thing needs a fix. Can consider this as a change for aoe:DE or even EP.

It's nowhere near being game-breaking, Dutch eco in mid game is already nice and strong, later they get their banks to compete with other 99-vill civs.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon

Post by ssaraf »

Dutch eco is bad lategame coz all other euro civs have 99vil eco , not them coz of 8 bank restriction. Also, this speed thing is a problem.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Today I have combed this thread and complied all our suggestions into a document, next I will organize them, make sure the wording is good and just generally make the document presentable then I'll post about it and make some videos with my thoughts on why certain changes are important, why they should be implemented, etc etc
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

^that'd be awesome, thanks Inter
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon

Post by ssaraf »

I was actually thinking, hey we are suggesting some nice changes , some bugs etc etc, if we were to (less than 10% chance of that) tell them to MS , we cant just give them this thread , we actually need a compilation of the changes in a doc to present it. And, inter did it ..yay.. OP :D

P.S ----> Even if MS doesnt incorporate them in the aoe3:DE version (coz they may look to fix the major things like cheat , ESO servers , graphics , FTj/connections issues , which take a priority over the balance changes), few of the changes can be made via next EP update. So, this doc will really help :)
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Interjection wrote:Today I have combed this thread and complied all our suggestions into a document

...after lord raphael did a quick "check" on it its entire content was:

1. no treaty.
Belgium TheLUCKYfighter
Crossbow
ESO: TheLUCKYfighter

Post by TheLUCKYfighter »

I've been browsing these forums for quite some time now but only now made an account to join in on the discussion. Here is my list of changes:

1. Better balacing - there are some obvious balacing issues in both rush and treaty, fixing those in both modes respectively and maybe even having different balancing sets for each mode seperatly would be cool. The patch you guys published already got a good idea of what needs to happen.

2. Better anti-cheat - pretty obvious one, doesn't need further explaination.

3. A reconnect button - this is something I haven't heard come up as much, but having a reconnect button would be an awesome addition imo. When disconnecting from a game, no matter what reason, you're gone forever. Especially for treaty games this can be a huge annoyance.

4. Bug fixing - fixing the existing and well known bugs such as the explorer glitch would be about time

5. Fixing the triggers in the scenario editor - as someone who's made quite some scenario's myself I would especially love this being fixed

6. A setting for ranked/unranked mode - just being able to choose between ranked or unranked would be easier than having to use costum maps, FFA , handicap or whatever

7. Improved ladders and medals - New medals/ladders would be cool, preventing them from being achieved by boosters should be thought about

8. Building rotator - it exists, just not officially yet

9. Better textures - although I love the original AoE III and the fact graphics will be improved is a garuntee already, still wanted to list it
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

There should be a download page where everyone can install the most famous scenarios directly through the game and begin playing.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

ssaraf wrote:One more i thought ----> What is with the Dutch church card which gives u bank limit +2 , but reduces 10% speed on all units. Why does one have to reduce army speed in order to get more eco , just seems weird and wrong. Also, Why the hell this civ need to reach age5 to have max eco (10 banks). Idk if this is fixed in ep or no, but this thing needs a fix. Can consider this as a change for aoe:DE or even EP.
thats actually a fair point. i like thish
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Vils should auto gather from dead hunts
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

You're crossing that line again inter!

I think a slight rework to the PR system would be nice, I really like it despite it's massive flaws. A change to the variance could do wonders do stop new accounts flying up to pr 50 among other tweaks.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Make natives great again
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Rikikipu wrote:Make natives great again

Yea that would be neat since some are essentially useless and it's a cool feature of the game. You have to be really careful with how that's done though, only buff them till they are average at best.

That'd be a job for the deceased EP team that DE could then copy.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

TheLUCKYfighter wrote:8. Building rotator - it exists, just not officially yet

Go to 'options' in the EP launcher and it is there :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

so... not officially yet.

smh
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

i wouldnt mind even if natives are better than average; they are part of the map and changes map control to another level. Isn't it sad we call maps without trade routes "non tp map" even if they have native tps. However it would change meta of the game and i guess most of the pro players would not be pleased.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

HUMMAN wrote:. Isn't it sad we call maps without trade routes "non tp map" even if they have native tps.

No it's not as in that context "TP" refers to a trading post on the trading route.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer

Post by HUMMAN »

Because you wont build native anygame so you dont need to specify which tp it is in that context...
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Would be nice if they made the letters and numbers differ so that you can distinguish Olm from 0lm. Have been confused by it a number of times.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

1) anti cheat
2) esoc maps
3) balance patch

/thread