The learning curve

No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

The learning curve

Post by TheArtofWars »

I have noticed recently that lower ranked people are catching on pretty quickly. I look at people PR 14 and I don't notice a difference between them and a PR 26 now.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: The learning curve

Post by Gendarme »

Merely looking at people isn't sufficient.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Gendarme wrote:Merely looking at people isn't sufficient.

I've been observing for about a year now.
Scotland grip_of_lron
Crossbow
ESO: I'll tell u later

Post by grip_of_lron »

I'd disagree, this game has a pretty serious learning curve and a lot of people get stuck at pr13-18. @ pr16-17 i beat some 2Lt because they are team game players, they underestimated me, or i managed to get an amazing raid in that turned the game. I definitely would have lost if we played repeatedly though, we lower Pr players are usually quite inconsistent.

My 2 cents.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

grip_of_lron wrote:I'd disagree, this game has a pretty serious learning curve and a lot of people get stuck at pr13-18. @ pr16-17 i beat some 2Lt because they are team game players, they underestimated me, or i managed to get an amazing raid in that turned the game. I definitely would have lost if we played repeatedly though, we lower Pr players are usually quite inconsistent.

My 2 cents.

I've won easier games in high level 3x3 than I have with low level 3x3. I hang with the major + crowd and with the PR 14 crowd and really don't see much of a difference other than high Ulhan raid laming.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:I have noticed recently that lower ranked people are catching on pretty quickly. I look at people PR 14 and I don't notice a difference between them and a PR 26 now.

Anyone can learn a basic BO. Where you will see the difference is in the execution and mechanics. Compare the micro and macro (would need recs for this) of a PR 14 and PR 26.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Papist wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:I have noticed recently that lower ranked people are catching on pretty quickly. I look at people PR 14 and I don't notice a difference between them and a PR 26 now.

Anyone can learn a basic BO. Where you will see the difference is in the execution and mechanics. Compare the micro and macro (would need recs for this) of a PR 14 and PR 26.

My main point is simply smurfs. I'm to lazy to IP check and document some of those players 1000000000000000 accounts lol... I've played team games where PR 14's team and my team doesn't make any units at all and it's a 1x3 gg :(

I really do see the skill in these PR 14's.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:My main point is simply smurfs. I'm to lazy to IP check and document some of those players 1000000000000000 accounts lol... I've played team games where PR 14's team and my team doesn't make any units at all and it's a 1x3 gg :(

I really do see the skill in these PR 14's.

I misinterpreted your initial claim then. Yes, there are definitely a lot of smurfs on ESO. I also agree that documenting them is not worth the effort - it's a ton of work for no gain since rank doesn't mean anything anymore (not that pixel points ever meant anything outside of the esports scene, but you get my point).
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

When I play on a lower rank I literally don't have the energy or the will to play remotely good but rather just to have fun. It's funny I then see people playing like major+ in those games and I get pissed lol. Playing Good requires top tier energy for me.
I will not rush and make really many army combos + will not lame or use control groups.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:When I play on a lower rank I literally don't have the energy or the will to play remotely good but rather just to have fun. It's funny I then see people playing like major+ in those games and I get pissed lol. Playing Good requires top tier energy for me.
I will not rush and make really many army combos + will not lame or use control groups.

At one time I would have called majors in sergeants' games noobashers, but not anymore. Now, they don't really have a choice if they want to play at all.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Papist wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:When I play on a lower rank I literally don't have the energy or the will to play remotely good but rather just to have fun. It's funny I then see people playing like major+ in those games and I get pissed lol. Playing Good requires top tier energy for me.

At one time I would have called majors in sergeants' games noobashers, but not anymore. Now, they don't really have a choice if they want to play at all.

haha we all know who the smurfs are but I will not say any names on this forum... I really think the rampant smurfing is what hurt this game and it's really hurt my will to play good. I only play good like 1/10 games now lol I just became so apathetic in how I play. I really do think a lot of people and maybe you feel the same way.

@Papist btw were you with PK clan in the past? Just curious you look familiar.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:haha we all know who the smurfs are but I will not say any names on this forum... I really think the rampant smurfing is what hurt this game and it's really hurt my will to play good. I only play good like 1/10 games now lol I just became so apathetic in how I play. I really do think a lot of people and maybe you feel the same way.

Smurfing isn't why I stopped trying to rank up, but I can certainly understand the sentiment.

TheArtofWars wrote:@Papist btw were you with PK clan in the past? Just curious you look familiar.

If I was, it wasn't for long. I switched clans quite a bit when I first went online. PK's glory days were before my time, so you're probably thinking of someone else.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

PK was pretty much what ESOC is now. Only reason PK clan failed is because PK_Chicks kicked out _H2O for a dumb reason in the tourney when he called PK_Chicks a "cunt" LIVE during the tourney lol.... As a ESOC mod you should learn about this websites roots lol @Papist

https://www.pkclan.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6a8d2ff81a
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

this reads like a scc thread made public
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@deleted_user4 this must be the thread you're referring to.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

actually upon a further look it's not applicable in either thread haha woops! just me making poor posts again!