Time Taken for Various things in aoe3

No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Time Taken for Various things in aoe3

Post by ssaraf »

Ok, I sometimes think its crucial in aoe3 to have an idea about the time it takes in aoe3 for certain things to happen (like a cav batch , age up etc etc). So, I m pretty sure there are many players like me who will benefit by knowing the time taken for stuff (see below) to happen. I think we can have a full fledged document on this which can be referred later on by very many players. :)

Can anybody from the devs or related groups in the forums, provide a link/any official documentation or have the info and fill the gap and help us with the following things:

Euro Civs :

1.Time to train a vill (brit vil (same as most other vills) , otto vill train time alongwith info on time after church upgrades, french cdb train time[/list]

2. Age up time for Euro civs for each age. (Age2 takes 90 secs for every civ afaik). Can we have a more detailed info on age up times for fortress , industrial , age5. (consider choice of different politicians which affects the age up time).[/list]

3. Time to make a military building , or TC. (barracks, stable , artillery foundry, saloon (how it varies if built by 1v-4v , consider cdb and settlerwagons)).[/list]

4. Time to train the units (xbow , pike , musk , skirm , huss , goon , falconet etc etc)[/list]

TAD Civs :

TWC Civs :

Since, I dont really know all the units etc, can anyone from the devs or related group can extend this thought and give us a document which gives the train times of almost all the things (or cover as much as possible) It would be great :D. Thanks
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Time Taken for Various things in aoe3

Post by tedere12 »

useless knowledge
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

tedere12 wrote:useless knowledge

nonsense
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I agree. It's surprising how much I ignore about timings after all these years.

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

cdb is like 29 seconds. I think normal vill is 25. Otto vill is 48 normally and I think 30 after all church ups. All age ups are 100 seconds, except fortress takes 110, and fast age takes 40 seconds to fortress and 30 to other ages.

iirc most infantry units are within the ballpark of 20-30 seconds, with most being 25. Almost all 2 pop cav is 40 seconds, 3 pop cav is 60 seconds, and I think cossacks are about 30-35, ruyters are 25-30. Most artillery is 40 or 45 seconds I think.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Some things I know. It is not important to know this at all though.

ssaraf wrote:Euro Civs :

1.Time to train a vill (brit vil (same as most other vills) (25 sec), otto vill train time (50 sec) alongwith info on time after church upgrades, french cdb train time (30 sec)

2. Age up time for Euro civs for each age. (Age2 takes 90 secs for every civ afaik) (Age 3 2 min, Age 3 with exiled prince 40 sec, Age 4 1.5 min). Can we have a more detailed info on age up times for fortress , industrial , age5. (consider choice of different politicians which affects the age up time).

3. Time to make a military building , or TC. (barracks, stable , artillery foundry, saloon (how it varies if built by 1v-4v , consider cdb and settlerwagons)) (30 sec for barracks and stables, settler wagons build buildings twice as fast).

4. Time to train the units (xbow , pike , musk , skirm , huss , goon , falconet etc etc)

TAD Civs : Wonder with 0 vills - 2 min, first 4 vills take 10 sec off the build time each, second 4 vills take 5 sec off the build time each, so wonder with 4 vills - 80 sec, wonder with 8 vills - 1 min.

TWC Civs : Iroquois warhut takes 20 seconds to build if you build it with the travois. So if you want your military shipment to arrive at the warhut you delay it so that the warhut starts building when the shipment is half way through (shipments take 40 sec to arrive).
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@yurashic SWs actually build three times as fast as normal settlers.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Timings need to be known not necessarily specific times it takes to do things. Exceptions are time to send a card (when pushing an opponent who's just aged) and time to slow/fast age (roughly).

Otherwise the more important things to know in regards to time is when opponents usually age and if they are deviating from that age time, why?
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

time it takes to find a girlfriend whilst playing aoe3: so far 12 years
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Check on your own on the Wikia page (pretty easy to google, right) and in game using the Ekanta UI. Everything is on the spreadsheet, though.
Attachments
AOE3_TWC_TAD_Quick_Reference.xls
be grateful to the creators
(7.3 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:Check on your own on the Wikia page (pretty easy to google, right) and in game using the Ekanta UI. Everything is on the spreadsheet, though.

this spreadsheet is insane. Thanks for sharing it with us!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Aging to every age except fortress is 90 sec
Aging to fortress is 110 seconds.
Fast age to fortress is 40 or 45 sec
Twc civs are the same, except their fast age can go to any age, and is always 30 sec

Tad civs build wonders, and it depends on the villagers building:

Any age except 3 =
120 sec with 0 vils
110 with 1, 100 with 2, 90 with 3, 80 with 4
75 with 5, 70 with 6, 65 with 7 and 60 with 8
For age 3, add 20 sec to above times.
They have no real fast age, aging up costs you more resources in a way, because vils are building, or otherwise it costs you more time, but you can make vils while aging

Normal shipments take 40 seconds, mercenary shipments (they have coin cost) take 60 seconds.

Thats really the most important to know.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

IIRC military buildings take 25 seconds to build with one vill, and build times are sped up by 25% for every additional vill.

CDB are 20% faster, so 20 seconds with 1, and 25% per every CDB after.

SWs construct 2x as fast as a vill (not 3x), and follow the same 25% rule.

NEVER put two different types of vills on the same building (e.g. 1 vill 1 SW), as the build time will actually be slower than if you used 1 of the faster vills for some reason.

I don't know the exact train times for units, but IIRC the train times are based mostly off of unit cost (food/wood/gold and population). So if the unit costs more it will train slower than units that are cheaper. I think you can calculate how long a 100 resource unit takes and then use that as reference for almost all units in the game, but I'm not sure what that number is.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

@Mitoe Then why do you recommend using SWs to build? If they both gather twice as fast and build in half the time, I don't see what you gain. Obviously you'd choose a SW instead of choosing two settlers because of the diminishing return from the additional settler, but in most cases you build stuff with one settler, so that's not a reason to "always use SWs to build".
Lancer

well you could theoretically build a building twice as fast using 4 settler wagons, because you cant use 8 vills to build it, only 4, right?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

You can use eight settlers to build - that's the maximum number.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

@Gendarme he does no longer recommend always using a SW
but it is still better to build with a SW because the building will be up faster (while you lose the same amount of res while building)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

So his Germany guide is outdated before completion? :O
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

building with sw is better
Lancer

Gendarme wrote:You can use eight settlers to build - that's the maximum number.

dude not that i care but im pretty fucking sure on most buildings the limit is 4
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Gendarme wrote:@Mitoe Then why do you recommend using SWs to build? If they both gather twice as fast and build in half the time, I don't see what you gain. Obviously you'd choose a SW instead of choosing two settlers because of the diminishing return from the additional settler, but in most cases you build stuff with one settler, so that's not a reason to "always use SWs to build".

Gendarme wrote:So his Germany guide is outdated before completion? :O

I remember I actually tested this when someone created a thread about SWs (or something like that), and I thought I had corrected it, but I guess I forgot. Although it doesn't mean you save villager seconds by using a SW to construct a building instead of a settler (as it was previously thought), it's still a good idea to use them to construct your buildings when possible, as you won't lose villager seconds by doing so, and get the building earlier so you can start training units earlier or avoid being housed or whatnot.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Bear in mind, though, that unless you build something right next to your SW, you lose double the number of resources due to walking time :!:

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
Gendarme wrote:You can use eight settlers to build - that's the maximum number.

dude not that i care but im pretty fucking sure on most buildings the limit is 4

You're actually pretty wrong, for almost all buildings the builder-limit is 8, with a few exceptions, like Mills, Plantations and other of such a kind — 10, and Outposts — 4.