Looking for a mentor..!

Brazil Likansing
Musketeer
ESO: Likansing

Looking for a mentor..!

Post by Likansing »

Hello community!

I am looking for a captain or higher level AOE3 player that accept the challenge to provide me guidance on 1v1 matches. I am initially planing to have some BO discussion and then schedule some games for training purpose and of course guidance on post game analysis to improve my game play. I am current PR22, but stuck on this level.

If you are low level like myself leave your message and maybe we can find someone to mentor you as well.

Thx!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Looking for a mentor..!

Post by tedere12 »

I can help you if you see me online on eso or discord pm me and we can play some games my username is Tedere12
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

I wonder, do people enjoy mentoring? Or is it frustrating playing against lower level players who makes 'noob' mistakes? Maybe there is a limit to the PR difference between mentor and learner for it to be effective? I'm curious about what people think of this.
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Timba wrote:I wonder, do people enjoy mentoring? Or is it frustrating playing against lower level players who makes 'noob' mistakes? Maybe there is a limit to the PR difference between mentor and learner for it to be effective? I'm curious about what people think of this.

I help people out from time to time. If people want to learn then it makes it worthwhile. If they question what you say then it is even better. Getting better at a high level is hard unless you question what you do.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Please contact @princeofkabul
He is an experienced mentor.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

@princeofkabul he teached me aswell. i finally passed luitnant thanks to this jedi
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

>.<
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer

Post by Likansing »

tedere12 wrote:I can help you if you see me online on eso or discord pm me and we can play some games my username is Tedere12

Noted Tedere12. I will add you as friend and ping you when see you online. My account name is Likansing, please added if you can and feel free to ping me when you see me online.
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer

Post by Likansing »

somppukunkku wrote:Please contact @princeofkabul
He is an experienced mentor.

Thank you as well Somppukunkku. Nice to see friends from community willing to help.
I will contact prince. I never talk to him, but will introduce myself.

regards.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

When I first logged onto ESO a couple of years ago I searched the ESO ladders for gold medal wins and found @princeofkabul near the top. Determined to become a pro player myself I added all the top players from the ladder and messaged them when they were online, Prince being the only one to respond of course. He took my under his very muscular wing and taught me how to excel to the next level. I will never forget how patient he was with me and how, when I made an in-game mistake and harbored feelings of self-hate, he would skype with me, often for the whole night, and I was surprised that our conversations ebbed with such a natural flow. We were getting along great and I was beginning to consider him more than a friend.

I continued to practice hard under his muscular, metaphoric wing. Soon my PR rank shot from 1st lt to major in a matter of months - the guidance of princeofkabul is something like a prune - underappreciated from the exterior but oh so sweet and delectable once bitten into - and boy did I want to give him a bite! ;)

When I hit Lt. Col. I confessed my hidden, suddenly very gay emotions towards him in one of our late night skype calls in which he was seductively shirtless, stretching from his evening workout, the sheen of sweat glistened over his body like an irresistible donut glaze - I longed to lick. As I told him my feelings he looked pleasantly surprised but not too taken aback - as if he knew all along - and his coy smile confirmed this. Was I a mere boy-toy for his idle pleasure? A pretty face to watch become flustered on stream? I couldn't control my emotions any longer. He told me he was already in a relationship with @deleted_user2. I cried, knowing my PR would never be as high as somppu's and that I had just lost my mentor forever. He laughed at my response. I was heartbroken. I deleted my twitch account in an act of grief. Then deleted it again.

Look, I guess what I'm trying to say is this: princeofkabul is a very practiced and adept mentor. He can take you to new heights in the game. Just... be wary of who you get attached to. Life can be so harsh, child.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

deleted_user wrote:When I first logged onto ESO a couple of years ago I searched the ESO ladders for gold medal wins and found @princeofkabul near the top. Determined to become a pro player myself I added all the top players from the ladder and messaged them when they were online, Prince being the only one to respond of course. He took my under his very muscular wing and taught me how to excel to the next level. I will never forget how patient he was with me and how, when I made an in-game mistake and harbored feelings of self-hate, he would skype with me, often for the whole night, and I was surprised that our conversations ebbed with such a natural flow. We were getting along great and I was beginning to consider him more than a friend.

I continued to practice hard under his muscular, metaphoric wing. Soon my PR rank shot from 1st lt to major in a matter of months - the guidance of princeofkabul is something like a prune - underappreciated from the exterior but oh so sweet and delectable once bitten into - and boy did I want to give him a bite! ;)

When I hit Lt. Col. I confessed my hidden, suddenly very gay emotions towards him in one of our late night skype calls in which he was seductively shirtless, stretching from his evening workout, the sheen of sweat over his body glistened like an irresistible donut glaze. As I told him he looked pleasantly surprised but not too taken aback - as if he knew all along - and his coy smile confirmed this. Was I a mere boy-toy for his idle pleasure? I couldn't control my emotions any longer. He told me he was already in a relationship with @deleted_user2. I cried, knowing my PR would never be as high as somppu's and that I had just lost my mentor forever.

Look, I guess what I'm trying to say is this: princeofkabul is a very practiced and adept mentor. He can take you to new heights in the game. Just... be wary of who you get attached to. Life can be so harsh, child.

I can't hold back the tears
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Fuck you beat me to it, fuck all of you
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

India Harsha
Musketeer
ESO: adhoc

Post by Harsha »

deleted_user wrote:When I first logged onto ESO a couple of years ago I searched the ESO ladders for gold medal wins and found @princeofkabul near the top. Determined to become a pro player myself I added all the top players from the ladder and messaged them when they were online, Prince being the only one to respond of course. He took my under his very muscular wing and taught me how to excel to the next level. I will never forget how patient he was with me and how, when I made an in-game mistake and harbored feelings of self-hate, he would skype with me, often for the whole night, and I was surprised that our conversations ebbed with such a natural flow. We were getting along great and I was beginning to consider him more than a friend.

When I hit Lt. Col. I confessed my hidden, suddenly very gay emotions towards him in one of our late night skype calls in which he was seductively shirtless, stretching from his evening workout, the sheen of sweat glistened over his body like an irresistible donut glaze - I longed to lick. As I told him my feelings he looked pleasantly surprised but not too taken aback - as if he knew all along - and his coy smile confirmed this. Was I a mere boy-toy for his idle pleasure? A pretty face to watch become flustered on stream? I couldn't control my emotions any longer. He told me he was already in a relationship with @deleted_user2. I cried, knowing my PR would never be as high as somppu's and that I had just lost my mentor forever. He laughed at my response. I was heartbroken. I deleted my twitch account in an act of grief. Then deleted it again.

Bite me ^_^
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Rofl
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Yes, now that you mentioned it callen I find it pretty harsh aswell. Sorry, but somppu will always be my number one! : /
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Callen is trolling you, he never got to Liut. Colonel. Rest 100% true confirmed.

No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

lmao had a good laugh
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

holy shitpost
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

hazza will teach you he always does good fight.
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer

Post by Likansing »

pecelot wrote:holy shitpost

why holy shitpost?? I started post serious, really looking for someone from community to play and learn... This is how we grow the community as well... New people interesting on it... Are are you complain?

Really ridiculus to see a post like yours mainly from someone with more knowledge from community.

Sorry to be to honest on this reply.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"holy shitpost" is a bit of a running, inside joke stemming from the now somewhat infamous "'Nice Smurf' : D" thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=314&t=11923&p=251064&hilit=shitpost#p251064

Most likely pecelot was using this joke in response to the many non-serious responses your post garnered rather than the OP itself.

Truth be told nearly all of these "looking for coach" threads end up just like this - with many users making jokes to contact high-PR players notorious for being short-tempered or clearly uninterested in actual coaching. Consider it a bit of a crude welcoming ritual. The saving grace is that Tedere12 is actually a decent player who appeared sincere. Flux generally is too. You could contact him/them :)

Anyways, welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around! We actually have a decent amount of Brazilian members.
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer

Post by Likansing »

Likansing wrote:
pecelot wrote:holy shitpost

why holy shitpost?? I started post serious, really looking for someone from community to play and learn... This is how we grow the community as well... New people interesting on it... Are are you complain?

Really ridiculus to see a post like yours mainly from someone with more knowledge from community.

Sorry to be to honest on this reply.

Sorry for that Percelot, my fault to follow your joke.
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer

Post by Likansing »

deleted_user wrote:"holy shitpost" is a bit of a running, inside joke stemming from the now somewhat infamous "'Nice Smurf' : D" thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=314&t=11923&p=251064&hilit=shitpost#p251064

Most likely pecelot was using this joke in response to the many non-serious responses your post garnered rather than the OP itself.

Truth be told nearly all of these "looking for coach" threads end up just like this - with many users making jokes to contact high-PR players notorious for being short-tempered or clearly uninterested in actual coaching. Consider it a bit of a crude welcoming ritual. The saving grace is that Tedere12 is actually a decent player who appeared sincere. Flux generally is too. You could contact him/them :)

Anyways, welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around! We actually have a decent amount of Brazilian members.

Sorry for mistake and appreciate the explanation.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sorry as well, it was a bit inappropriate to share this joke to a relatively-unsophisticated member of the community! My post was an appreciation of Callen's brilliant message that overall was off-topic. Your topic in itself is great, nice idea, good luck! :smile: