New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Pikilic Classic Tournament Information and Rules

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Pikilic Classic Discord channel:
https://discord.gg/zqMKvn4

Pikilic Classic Tournament Information and Rules

1. The tournament uses a simple elimination system with advanced seeding.

The first round will be vs equal PR group partners. This is to ensure people who sign up have an enjoyable experience, it’s not very fun to sign up only to vs a high-pr player in the first game.

2. Scheduling:

For the latest update of the tournament ladder, please visit: http://challonge.com/jakeyaoe3tournament2017
For scheduling please use the Pikilic Classic Discord channel (recommended) or private messages on ESOC.

3. Best-of Series:

Up to Ro32: Bo3
Ro16 and Quarter-finals: Bo5
Semi-finals and Bronze Match: Bo7
Final: Bo9

4. The games will be played on ESOC Patch and a range of ESOC UI Maps. The players are required to have both of the items downloaded and installed prior to the matches.

ESOC Patch: esoc-patch.php
ESOC UI Maps (just the UI maps, not the UI itself): viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6608
N.B.: Building Rotator Mod that comes with the ESOC Patch is a ‘feature’ (i.e. not banned).

5. Map pool:

Baja California
Bengal
Indonesia
Colorado
Adirondacks
Pampas Sierras
Jebel Musa
Gran Chaco
Iowa

For more information regarding the maps, please visit: maps.php
Map pool may be subject to change before the tournament.

6. Map vetoing:

Prior to the match (before any games of the series are played), the players take turn to veto the maps in the lobby of Game #1, starting with the player that has a higher 1v1 ELO at the point when sign-up closes.
Bo3s: Three maps vetoed by each player
Bo5s: Two maps vetoed by each player
Bo7s: One map vetoed by each player
Bo9: No maps should be vetoed

After vetoing the maps, the maps will be played out in the order listed above. If, for example, in a Bo5, Bengal, Adirondacks, Pampas Sierras and Iowa are vetoed, then Baja California will be played first, and then followed by Indonesia, Colorado, Jebel Musa and Gran Chaco, in that order.

7. Civ Picking:

Bo3 – At least two different civs must be played. Civ reset in Game #3 (after Game #2).
Bo5 – At least three different civs must be played. Civ reset in Game #4 (after Game #3).
Bo7 – At least four different civs must be played. Civ reset in Game #5 (after Game #4).
Bo9 – At least four different civs must be played. Civ reset in Game #5 (after Game #5).

For the first game, both players must agree with a matchup, or else a blind pick will be enforced by the casters. The winner of game #1 picks first in game #2, and then take turns to pick first for the rest of the series.

Rules

1. It is the player's responsibility to propose and arrange a time for the match within the given week, not the tournament admins.
If both players in the match fail to arrange a time and notify the tournament admins by Thursday 00hrs GMT, the tournament admins shall send out a final reminder about the match.

If, by Saturday 00hrs GMT, a player still fails to communicate effectively and arrange a time for the match, then the tournament admins shall consider the player forfeiting the match.

If this happens for both players in the same match, then it is a loss for both of them.

Any players who cannot play within the given timeframe can ask the tournament admins for assistance on (special) scheduling.

2. Play by the map pool and order. Results will be nullified if the games are not played according to the map pool and order.

3. Each player may request a rehost once per map within the first two minutes into the game, if the player finds the map not balanced in hunts and mines (treasure is not a reason for a rehost).

The casters shall either accept or deny the request after double-checking the locations of hunts and mines.

If no casters are present, then the player may assume that the request is accepted by default.

N.B.: The casters are given the authority to request for a rehost if the map is not balanced in hunts and mines locations.

4. Always use the UI Maps provided even if there are no casters or tournament admins available. Always check FFA and Record Game in the options.

5. In cases where there are no casters or tournament admins available, replace the caster slot (P3) with a random AI, and send the replays to the tournament admins after the games are played.

The tournament admins will then upload the replays to the tournament mega-thread.

Failure to do so may result in a default loss for both players.

6. Good sportsmanship is expected from the players.

7. Alt-D is not a ‘feature’ – it is strictly forbidden; and if a player is found using it, it will result in a game loss.

8. Any forms of misbehaviours are not tolerated. A player found misbehaving will be warned, and may be disqualified in extreme cases.

9. Smurfing is equally not tolerated. Any players found smurfing in the tournament will be disqualified immediately and banned from future tournaments.

10. (Specifically for games where low-level players are involved) If a player is losing the game decisively, the player should resign – if not, the casters and/or tournament admins will enforce the rule.

Information to the casters

1. Download the ESOC Patch, UI Maps and the UI prior to the games to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible for the tournament and the stream/VOD.

2. If possible, cast with a partner (i.e. co-cast). It makes things easier and possibly better in every way than it would be on your own.

3. Set a minimum of two-minute delay to the stream.

4. Always check the hunts and mines when the game starts. If a player is map-screwed, ask the player to rehost.

5. If the map file is somehow corrupted, then ask the players to pick another map. Alternatively, ask the player to re-download the map from the ESOC website.

6. Introduce the players to the stream/VOD when the game begins. It is also a good thing to talk about the match-up briefly, and what the players normally do in that particular matchup.

7. Be fair. Always give reasons for the decisions which might affect the game directly or indirectly. 8. If something happens and you are unable to make the call or if you are casting on your own and are forced to make a potentially game-changing decision, please find one of the tournament admins.

8. The channel for this tournament is SpankMeHardTH (username subject to change due to sensibility - stream key will remain the same). Any match casted on another channel will be void and the match will have to be replayed. It is suitable to record the games rather than have them casted on another channel. This is to ensure all the games that have been casted will be available on YouTube for other people to enjoy.

If the match is streamed in first person view with an admin or AI present then that is acceptable on any channel.

If there is still anything unclear or debatable, please let the tournament admins know and we will sort things out as soon as possible. Any comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. Also I know this is late, but most of this has already been said, but either in a way we deemed unsuitable or confusing / scattered.

Thank you, and Good Luck! :flowers:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Pikilic Classic Tournament Information and Rules

Post by deleted_user0 »

"The first round will be vs equal PR group partners. This is to ensure people who sign up have an enjoyable experience, it’s not very fun to sign up only to vs a high-pr player in the first game"

LOL. To make sure semis and finals are going to be extremely boring?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

somppukunkku wrote:"The first round will be vs equal PR group partners. This is to ensure people who sign up have an enjoyable experience, it’s not very fun to sign up only to vs a high-pr player in the first game"

LOL. To make sure semis and finals are going to be extremely boring?

Must be lost in translation so sorry. First round means the beginning round of the tournament and not the semis or the finals. Sorry for the confusion.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

So, you kick out half of the good players in the first round? And then have in the semis pr20 vs pr29?
r]
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

maybe I have a chance to reach to the finals this way
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

tedere12 wrote:maybe I have a chance to reach to the finals this way

we are top 32 treaty players, should be ez.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I think its important to note that if you are really good you will be seeded to the next round but as well the last group is a big group. It's seeded by the PR group and not directly your PR so you may be paired with (for instance) someone who is PR25 if you are PR29.

And no, it does not mean the semis will be PR20 vs a PR29. The second and later rounds are a different seeding. I think you guys have put it too bluntly that its lost its meaning. This is just to ensure everyone has a good time and there are no noob bashes in the initial round. It's not fun to sign up to a tournament only to have 3-0 loss because you are playing someone vastly better.

It's also not as if people keep watching finals and semi finals just because they are (although thats a part when people decide to watch it) they watch them because its a good game between two close professionals.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

10. (Specifically for games where low-level players are involved) If a player is losing the game decisively, the player should resign – if not, the casters and/or tournament admins will enforce the rule.

Woow

@EAGLEMUT RIP

[mention]8197[/mention] , what's the prize pool split?

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

At the moment its $350 NZD @pecelot total.

At the moment this means $175 for the winner, $100 for second place, $50 for third and $25 for fourth. It might change depending on what Hleung tells me to put. :flowers:
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

@P i k i l i c is this the first time you're hearing about this tournament?
duck
:mds:
imo
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:I think its important to note that if you are really good you will be seeded to the next round but as well the last group is a big group. It's seeded by the PR group and not directly your PR so you may be paired with (for instance) someone who is PR25 if you are PR29.

And no, it does not mean the semis will be PR20 vs a PR29. The second and later rounds are a different seeding. I think you guys have put it too bluntly that its lost its meaning. This is just to ensure everyone has a good time and there are no noob bashes in the initial round. It's not fun to sign up to a tournament only to have 3-0 loss because you are playing someone vastly better.

It's also not as if people keep watching finals and semi finals just because they are (although thats a part when people decide to watch it) they watch them because its a good game between two close professionals.

Ah so it's gonna be like the seasonal tourneys where u have the group stages first and most good players over 32 are already seeded into the later rounds?

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

rsy wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:I think its important to note that if you are really good you will be seeded to the next round but as well the last group is a big group. It's seeded by the PR group and not directly your PR so you may be paired with (for instance) someone who is PR25 if you are PR29.

Ah so it's gonna be like the seasonal tourneys where u have the group stages first and most good players over 32 are already seeded into the later rounds?

Yeah pretty much. :smile:
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Vinyanenya wrote:@P i k i l i c is this the first time you're hearing about this tournament?

Haha no I already saw the announcing topic :kinggreen:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Hippo
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:At the moment its $350 NZD @pecelot total.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12192#p255354
NyxAchlys9 wrote:The prize pool will be my first paycheck of the summer - around $300-350 USD.

:hmm:

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

pecelot wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:At the moment its $350 NZD @pecelot total.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12192#p255354
NyxAchlys9 wrote:The prize pool will be my first paycheck of the summer - around $300-350 USD.

:hmm:

NZD is around 70-85 US cents. I'd prefer to use NZD. Chur bro
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Googol wrote:
tedere12 wrote:maybe I have a chance to reach to the finals this way

we are top 32 treaty players, should be ez.

u nearly lose to my grenadier rush n00b
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

while I see your point, its good that in first game people wont get bashed, but at the same time, in your tournament format we will se the folowing scenario: game 1 of the first round will be a bo3 of h20 vs blackstar. winner of the two gets to play vs a mastersargent in his second game.

yea you have a cool first round, but the second one is even worse in terms of noobbashing, and the rest of the tornament is broken, because half the best players got out in first round.

ofc, those are just my 2 cents, I'm probably not even participating, and you are the one getting your money and time into this so you can do what you want.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

lemmings121 wrote:

while I see your point, its good that in first game people wont get bashed, but at the same time, in your tournament format we will se the folowing scenario: game 1 of the first round will be a bo3 of h20 vs blackstar. winner of the two gets to play vs a mastersargent in his second game.

yea you have a cool first round, but the second one is even worse in terms of noobbashing, and the rest of the tornament is broken, because half the best players got out in first round.

ofc, those are just my 2 cents, I'm probably not even participating, and you are the one getting your money and time into this so you can do what you want.

Pro players will be seeded to the next round. The noobbashing will happen regardless but I prefer people given a good chance for an even game in the first round.

Do note it's PR groupings and not complete PR.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

lemmings121 wrote:

We will only decide the brackets after the sign-up is closed and the list of participants is finalised. The scenario you mentioned is unlikely to happen as we are planning to seed the top players in the second round. It is possible that we will see some one-sided matches in the second round, but we should be having close and intense matches afterwards. I hope that clears up the confusion. If not, please do let us (Jakey and I) know and we will try our best to illustrate. :flowers:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

@everyone In view of direct clashes with ESOC Autumn Tournament 2017, after a brief internal discussion among the tournament admins, we have come to a conclusion that it is better to postpone this tournament until December/January (instead of clashing with the official ESOC tournament or cancelling this one). Hopefully in this way, we can also improve the quality of the tournament further without having conflicts with the official (ESOC) one. We apologise in advance if the change has caused any inconvenience to anyone who has already signed up for this tournament, and we hope you understand the reason behind the sudden change of schedule. :flowers:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

a fine decision imo
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98