Rumours of AOE4 closed-alpha/beta

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: AOE4 beta has been released!

Post by Ashvin »

That's it then, don't put your money on AoE4 guys, it's over before it even started XD
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

guys wtf. im a big aoe 3 fan, but why so much hate for the greatest rts games in his times? aoe 2 is great game. if u like aoe 3 more np, all ok... but u rly cant hate aoe 2... i dont get it.
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

My guess/hope is the time period is early post-colonial America, with civs like Brazil, Mexican Empire, Haiti, Gran Colombia and USA joining Britain/Spain/France and various native tribes.

Also kinda suspicious about this timing, but if it's legit it gives me hope that they don't pass over the era between the revolution and ww1 like every other strategy game.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Are you long lost sibling of @Gendarme ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

agrondergermane wrote:guys wtf. im a big aoe 3 fan, but why so much hate for the greatest rts games in his times? aoe 2 is great game. if u like aoe 3 more np, all ok... but u rly cant hate aoe 2... i dont get it.

Where's the hate? People around here are just concerned that Relic will make an AoE2 clone instead of a new game.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Not enough info for me to get excited. Also given how crappy aoede's beta has been to me (unable to play), betas don't excite me no more.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
agrondergermane wrote:guys wtf. im a big aoe 3 fan, but why so much hate for the greatest rts games in his times? aoe 2 is great game. if u like aoe 3 more np, all ok... but u rly cant hate aoe 2... i dont get it.

Where's the hate? People around here are just concerned that Relic will make an AoE2 clone instead of a new game.

^ This is the main concern for me as well.

I mean I'd still play it, and I think AoE2 is a great game, but I want something new or different. If I want to play AoE2 I can go play AoE2.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Ashvin wrote:Are you long lost sibling of @Gendarme ?
Déjà vu
Pay more attention to detail.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Also—at least from my experience—diehard AoE2 fans seem to be overly critical of anything different. They aren't open to change of any kind, hence the fear that they will pressure for something similar to AoE2.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It is fine if the gameplay is like aoe2. Just keep what's good about aoe3 and other rts games, like a meta resource (experience) and some in game tech tree choices (like age up bonus, or unique ups from cards).
Image Image Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Gendarme wrote:
Ashvin wrote:Are you long lost sibling of @Gendarme ?
Déjà vu

You are gonna have big fam soon, upgrade your stable.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

It is now a caravanserai. Sarir mar sakta hai par atma amar hai.
Pay more attention to detail.
Great Britain Carlini8
Crossbow

Post by Carlini8 »

Edited :/
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Carlini8 wrote: AoE4 is almost certainly before AoE2 DE IMO and this backs that up.

I agree with Carlini here...
Why does everyone think aoe2 DE and such will be released in chronological order.. Aoe2 Has had multiple expansions recently and much more, so has aom.
Im willing to bet AOE4 is the first thing on the list from here on out.. Its also the most interesting thing happening in the age of empires world so it should come first.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

If they release AoE4 anytime soon then it's likely going to be a very unpolished game. There are no gameplay trailers or anything, or any public info about the game in general. This means that it's likely at least a full year away from release.

It's hard to believe that the definitive editions of AoE2 and AoE3 will be released after AoE4, when they will only require a few months of development each, while AoE4 should require years.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Why do you think it takes years to make a computer game>>> This isnt 1999.. Now we have alot better software and much more computer games designers than before.. Im thinking max a year and it should be in pretty good shape dont need much more time than that when you already basically know the mechanics and ins and outs of how a medieval/post modern RTS game works.

Basically its a matter of how much money they are willing to put into this. Money = manpower = faster release date.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Would indeed be weird if they are already far enough along in development to invite people to playtest. Still, why would they have them playtest DE's? That would make no sense. If top AoE2 players are being flown in to play something, it almost has to be AoE4.
Great Britain Carlini8
Crossbow

Post by Carlini8 »

Edited :/
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

AraGun wrote:Why do you think it takes years to make a computer game>>> This isnt 1999.. Now we have alot better software and much more computer games designers than before.. Im thinking max a year and it should be in pretty good shape dont need much more time than that when you already basically know the mechanics and ins and outs of how a medieval/post modern RTS game works.

Basically its a matter of how much money they are willing to put into this. Money = manpower = faster release date.

Honestly it depends on how good they want the game to be. Maybe they really do want to just release the game fast so that they can pressure people into buying Windows 10 (before they begin working on a new OS), since it's going to be a Windows 10 exclusive.

I have a feeling that if it's released in less than a year it's going to be a pretty disappointing RTS game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Carlini8 wrote:I think you are also underestimating how much work Microsoft are planning on putting into the DEs. From what I can tell about AoE2 DE they are going to try to build Voobly into the game basically. That's no small feat.

That is indeed a surprise to me. A pleasant one.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Carlini8 wrote:I think you are also underestimating how much work Microsoft are planning on putting into the DEs. From what I can tell about AoE2 DE they are going to try to build Voobly into the game basically. That's no small feat.

That is indeed a surprise to me. A pleasant one.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:It is fine if the gameplay is like aoe2. Just keep what's good about aoe3 and other rts games, like a meta resource (experience) and some in game tech tree choices (like age up bonus, or unique ups from cards).

ye.Keep the gameplay of aoe 2 and just add the good stuff of aoe 3.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

Edit: Please refer to OP instead! :flowers:
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

hleung wrote:After trying out the alpha/beta version of Age of Empires 4 today, a few of us... would like to point out that the game features which many of you have been worrying about are not going to happen (be in the game). Everyone was very satisfied with (today’s) experience.

He's talking about the card system I guess :cry:

Nicknames redacted.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

tl;dr: no cards.

IDC, I'm getting AOE3: DE. My wildest dreams are coming true no matter what
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa