Good age up times?

United States of America AOE3_Returner
Musketeer
ESO: offline

Good age up times?

Post by AOE3_Returner »

Is aging up around 4:50 good for playing France? I know people age around 4:40 but that seems pretty much impossible to me at this point :oops: How do I shave off these seconds? This is so annoying lol
SirCallen - Wait I already knew you were a troll why did I put any effort in replying to this thread.. WHAT A NICE GUY
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Good age up times?

Post by pecelot »

Make sure you get your hunts underneath your TC, prevent vills from getting stuck at each other, aka pathing problems, choose right based on the crate start — a TP on a 200-w start, a market on a 100-w & 100-c start, age up with no more than 14 CDBs (or even 13 sometimes on a 100-w start), look for good treasures (use your native scout properly).
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

My advice is: watch and analyse how the pros do it, especially from FPV.
And, do these things: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4DwBHWnAJtQSyaoGTBbo4n_AmGLy-OmL
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
United States of America AOE3_Returner
Musketeer
ESO: offline

Post by AOE3_Returner »

Okay thanks for the tips. It is going to take a week to practice that to perfection but i'll get there or die trying. Hopefully next year I'll be good enough to participate in the tournaments without looking like a jackass lol
SirCallen - Wait I already knew you were a troll why did I put any effort in replying to this thread.. WHAT A NICE GUY
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Fre should age 4:35. Up to 4:45 is acceptable depending on if you made early tp or market or had really bad hunts. 4.50 is getting late to the poit where you probably shouldve age 15v. Fre can also age around 4.05-10 with 13v
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NydGroB-Qbo

Watch this.

Disclaimer: Might not be completely up to date, there might be some super tiny things that people do differently, but it explains the stuff you need to know to build on it. With these tips you will be getting solid age up times.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Watch streams. Masturbate to improve ur apm.
I mean, to watch aoe3 streams, not masturbating streams.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

AOE3_Returner wrote:Okay thanks for the tips. It is going to take a week to practice that to perfection but i'll get there or die trying. Hopefully next year I'll be good enough to participate in the tournaments without looking like a jackass lol

Dont worry too much, geting up 10s late doesnt mean a lot in the lower levels, you have a lot to learn to even reach a point where those 10s mater. Just have fun, play, practice, improve.

About tournaments, just join the next one. 90% of the players who sign up know from the start they dont stand a chance to win it, but we play anyway because its fun, and we practice to get as far as possible.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

unfortunately the mechanics in aoe 3 are not optimized so a lot of bumping around happens. Sometimes you have to baby sit vils and path them around a herd or other vil manually. Try to get the killing shot on a herd right as it goes underneath your tc, this way you can spawn new vils onto them and also teleport nearby vils directly on to them as their old hunts expire. Learning how many shots it takes to kill a hunt is very useful for this. And for Asian starting hunts you can only shoot them once each to guide them to your tc (and they don't move as a pack), for these try to shoot them once in the direction of your tc with one vil and then quickly return it to the herd it was eating from and then land the killing shot with another vil as the herd is now walking towards your tc. Try to optimize this so that the asian hunt dies as close as possible to your tc, as you will never have another chance to steer it in the right direction.
De Funk
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

4.32 is the correct french age up with 14 cdbs
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

Your main focus here should be on having a villager in queue as soon as possible and to always have a constant production without any idle time in your town center. No need to worry about the baby sitting of cdb yet, even with slight pathing issues they will gather enough to age up once that 14th cdb pops out.

Get a cdb in queue asap and keep producing :)