Post by Gichtenlord »

Didnt know it was possible to be grumpier than metis
r]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: An alternative sepoy/india change

Post by momuuu »

Metis didn't really strike me as grumpy tbh. Just as weird.

Btw this is all off topic, probably should be removed or sth
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

whats with you raphael lol. he only stated his opinion.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Just get back to talking about India changes guys.
duck
:mds:
imo
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Sowars I don't think need a buff early/mid game, they function differently to normal cavalry which is cool.

With house buff let's see, I think India will be ok balance wise. It's just a question of how much the sepoy nerf ruins india's identity and turns it into another semi FF skirm/goon thingy.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

lordraphael wrote:
Garja wrote:ye 180 hp sepoy, xbow 17 atk and maybe cheaper rajputs so that they are usable atleast vs goons.

rajputs need upgrade cards. Imo we should buff sowar a little but keep the sepoy nerf. sowar maybe 10 more HP and increase the east india upgrade card to give it 15 % for sowars

There is one decent up for rajput in colonial which is the hand attack (coincidentially it also buffs the sepoy). Sowar are not that weak come on, it's the most upgradable India unit and get very good stats in late colo. It's just an anti infantry unit and does great at that.
WickedCossack wrote:Rajput vs goon? :shock:

Unless I missed that they have access to the wakina stimpack upgrade?

Also the photon overcharge on the TC is a bit strong atm, maybe move it to fortress.

Rajput in mass with its high stats is legit vs goons. gurkha/sowar/rajput vs skirm/goon/cav should work on paper provided India gets enough mass. Not that India really needs rajput anyway with all the colo units it has, but it's an option is unit becomes legit.
Jerom wrote:Isn't a buff to xbows mostly a buff to france/germany? It's not like those civs are that weak. That made me vote for the first option.

Well it's a general buff, it also affects Spain and Ports. Also French and Ger are rather weak colonial civs. It's not like xbow helps much with their semi FF. Ideally there should be other nerfs to compensate. French have been nerfed already, they're not that good anymore. Germans with weak ulhans will be significantly worse.
Anyway xbows just need a buff to be a usable unit. Just like pikes would need like +10% melee armor. Also Port besteiro cost tech should be reverted to nilla status. Ports lack something in the military depertment while they overperform in the eco one.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

change chaminata gate into:
it doesnt have any function. instead, it needs only 40s to age up.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I wouldn't touch bows. Some other approach seems fine like raising cost a little. that's going to make the rush better still because you have no production changes and the cost for the first 12 sepoy is probably cheaper considering the house decrease.

I think you still need to smooth India out a little with something like the house change to give me more access to all their strategies.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Ryan why not join the autumn tournament? :smile:
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

_H2O wrote:I wouldn't touch bows. Some other approach seems fine like raising cost a little. that's going to make the rush better still because you have no production changes and the cost for the first 12 sepoy is probably cheaper considering the house decrease.

I think you still need to smooth India out a little with something like the house change to give me more access to all their strategies.

I agree. Like I said before- a 5f cost increase (same 190 hp) of sepoy + 50w house. will buff other india strategies while making sepoy based build almost same as before. With other viable options sepoy prevalence in games will decrease by itself, as good players start doing other builds.
Forcing everyone to not make sepoy by nerfing it hard should not be the approach.

Btw @_H2O have you tried the new ep india. What is your opinion about it? Does it prevent sepoy from being used in mixed compositions..
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I would passively buff xbows by slightly reducing their price.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

fei123456 wrote:Ryan why not join the autumn tournament? :smile:

He's in. :hehe:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Crossbow needs a buff anyway... Its a totally useless units which loses even vs pure musk.
Noone wants op crossbows. But staying trash is better for you? For me being unusable is same as op. Broken, needs to fix. But you highlight only op things onfurtanately.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Note that generally musks are mostly used in push due to their siege and stability. Xbows are used in defences so right now civs like french and ger can already hold pushes. If u want to make them good in agression it should be with cards or techs, not by units itself.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Why would i use xbow for defense, when i can use musks aswell? There is no reason to do that.
My experience is that musk/huss superior vs xbow/pike any case.

Its just not logical to use a unit which loses pretty bad vs its own counter... I think.:)
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Because you can ship 8xbow and not musks maybe?

Btw xbow doesnt lose cost efficiently to musk at all, its just the musk hus composition shits on xbow pike due to hus tanking a lot of xbows damage and pike being awkward defending the xbows

Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Hımm germany doesnt have musk so thats not an option, also french is ok with xbows. You are exaggarating a bit i think xbows are ok against musks, since you set behind and kite in base xbows are fine, you force your oppenent to come closer to take fights under tc punishing with mm+shipment.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

If you improve bows, you need to increase a bit their cost as well, even if 50w 50f it would be totally fine, still cheap
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I think pure xbow lose vs pure musk. Havent really played vs xbow recently but im sure its close and id bet on musks.
And if you ff you dont make usually xbows. Thats pointless. And if you no ff then you dont defend...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Xbows can outshine musks in some cases:
- Their range means you can get free kills when you camp in base. In the open it doesnt matter much because some musks will catch up fast and be able to shoot at the xbows, but in base it actually helps a lot.
- They're so cheap when spammed from wood crates/stagecoach on wood.
- They don't have the HI tag, so skirms and etc don't snipe them very fast.
- When hunts and goldmines start running out, you can still mass crossbows pretty easily.

Other than that, they're honestly shit. They're basically a niche unit: if you're not exploiting one of these points, you probably shouldn't make bows at all. I'd like them to be slightly buffed, because they're probably just the shittiest RI you can find, and they're as expensive as musks if you chop the wood.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Give more civs age 2 Xbow upgrade cards
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Xbows are a very civ specific unit. Were talking about three civs that are completely capable of dealing with india rushes.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Oh wow you did change your name.

Have to say I'm not immediately satisfied with the result.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

WickedCossack wrote:
Garja wrote:ye 180 hp sepoy, xbow 17 atk and maybe cheaper rajputs so that they are usable atleast vs goons.

Rajput vs goon? :shock:

Unless I missed that they have access to the wakina stimpack upgrade?

Also the photon overcharge on the TC is a bit strong atm, maybe move it to fortress.

Grudge with raphael? :D
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

HorseWalker wrote:Xbows are a very civ specific unit. Were talking about three civs that are completely capable of dealing with india rushes.

Xbow buff isnt a measure for India rush. Sepoy hp would stay at 180hp regardless.
Image Image Image