AOE 3 2v2 pro-am

United States of America jfha97
Crossbow
ESO: juanibaseball

AOE 3 2v2 pro-am

Post by jfha97 »

How cool would it be to make a 2v2 pro-am tourney?
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Re: AOE 3 2v2 pro-am

Post by Timba »

There was a tournament like this earlier this year: http://eso-community.net/viewforum.php?f=229
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Considering there are no professional AoE3 players pretty cool I'd imagine!

Realistically the PR elites won't want to waste time scheduling and playing matches that will be complete steam rolls.

ESOC has hosted an invitational 2v2 tournament in the past.
United States of America jfha97
Crossbow
ESO: juanibaseball

Post by jfha97 »

Well, that sounds right, you can make it friendly or something haha.

I am just thinking ways of making the community more amicable between all players!

I think a master sergeant tournament of something like that would be fun to cast.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

From experience, It definitely wouldn't be.

At some point it just stops being commentary and turns into a bitch fest where the casters just complain about what the players aren't doing
United States of America jap_jon
Musketeer

Post by jap_jon »

That's because they expect high standards. If the tournament is supposed to be for bad players, no one will expect much.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Interjection wrote:From experience, It definitely wouldn't be.

At some point it just stops being commentary and turns into a bitch fest where the casters just complain about what the players aren't doing

Meh, just need some respectful and/or lower level casters. I would be willing to cast it on my channel if there was a demand for it. I nominate @kami_ryu to cast with me. We could do a trial run whereby there's no prize, but if it goes well, perhaps ESOC would consider doing it in the future. :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

jap_jon wrote:That's because they expect high standards. If the tournament is supposed to be for bad players, no one will expect much.

I agree.

I'd be interested to cast for something like this, since I'm not qualified enough to even attempt to cast in a major tournament.
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

I honestly don't think it would be interesting at all

Commentary is often about the small things, bringing all the subtleties & complexities to the front so they're not missed. Highlighting good unit control and good timings. Commentary a lot of the time is also about weighing up what direction the players might take the game. Assessing how they'll respond to certain events, what's viable, what isn't.

Whenever I've casted <Luit gameplay I just end up running out of things to say or talk about - and then I overcompensate by talking about what they should be doing instead. And this is coming from someone that stopped casting because he was affraid of running out of interesting/things to say in high level matches. I agree that casters need to be respectful, so I always try to be, I've seen some quite mean things said about players before during a stream which isn't fair at all.

But my opinion is that commentary is very tough to perform over matches with less experienced players
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Interjection wrote:I honestly don't think it would be interesting at all

Commentary is often about the small things, bringing all the subtleties & complexities to the front so they're not missed. Highlighting good unit control and good timings. Commentary a lot of the time is also about weighing up what direction the players might take the game. Assessing how they'll respond to certain events, what's viable, what isn't.

Whenever I've casted <Luit gameplay I just end up running out of things to say or talk about - and then I overcompensate by talking about what they should be doing instead. And this is coming from someone that stopped casting because he was affraid of running out of interesting/things to say in high level matches. I agree that casters need to be respectful, so I always try to be, I've seen some quite mean things said about players before during a stream which isn't fair at all.

But my opinion is that commentary is very tough to perform over matches with less experienced players

Quite often the starcraft streams ive seen casted are literally just making fun of Artosis. I don't need or want a description on what the player is doing: I can see that. I want extrapolation on the implications of the actions of the player (not consequences either - they know what to do). For instance 700w typicially means an extended colonial. No shit everyone knows that and will see that. However 700w can be used for many things. For instance have they got all market ups? all tps? all outposts? all Advanced Wonders?. 700w can be used for so many things but what can we infer from the shipment. Moreover on the casting side we need some talk - just talk.

p.s. how is your beard going?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

XeeleeFlower wrote:

Meh, just need some respectful and/or lower level casters. I would be willing to cast it on my channel if there was a demand for it. I nominate @kami_ryu to cast with me. We could do a trial run whereby there's no prize, but if it goes well, perhaps ESOC would consider doing it in the future. :flowers:

hey
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

kami_ryu wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:

hey

I said hey
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk