13%

Total votes: 45

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: Meteor hammer and Iron Flail

Post by _H2O »

zoom wrote:They're more or less fine (especially after the nerf to train time), thanks to how bad Iron Flails are. Ideally, Flail cost were buffed and Hammer cost nerfed.

Double-faced Armor remains as over-rated as ever.

That last sentence is wrong. Should be under rated as the card is never sent and it's also very good.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah double-faced armour is almost a 25% hp card for two already very good cavalry units. Quite good, though I would not say OP as meteor hammers still have fairly low HP for their cost and function in the chinese army.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:
zoom wrote:They're more or less fine (especially after the nerf to train time), thanks to how bad Iron Flails are. Ideally, Flail cost were buffed and Hammer cost nerfed.

Double-faced Armor remains as over-rated as ever.

That last sentence is wrong. Should be under rated as the card is never sent and it's also very good.
I disagree. I'm not saying that it's over-used; just over-rated. In my experience, it's consistently thought of as better than Cavalry Combat, which it certainly is not. I never said it's "not good". It can hardly be called under-used, either, considering it's rarely viable in the first place, from what I've seen. It can, however, be called "seldom used".

I hope you'll understand me better now.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Cavalry combat better since it improves even the goons. And thats a big deal.
But since china will have lot of melee cav with zero goons it can be optional card and that way its kinda good card.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Aside from the number of units affected, it is indeed better than cavalry combat. And the reason is not only the outstanding 41% final resistance but also the fact that the attack is already fine because of the multipliers china cav gets. Meteor hammer base attack is also high anyway.
In general, upgrades that have outstanding values for a certain stat end up being more game changing than balanced upgrades like combat cards.
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Plus on cav RR and hp are far more valuable than attack. I would take all my cav having Mameluke level RR over cav combat. Frances cav combat may feel better because it affects goons and curs have insane scaling and base stats. Pretty sure if you could change cav combat into the same buff affecting goons and curs it would be great.