dumb mistakes u should avoid

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

calmyourtits wrote:Difference between pr30+ and pr30- (I assume that''s about what you''re asking) is mostly mechanics. Execution most importantly.
A luit col just has more stuff than a captain. Gets a lot easier to win that way even if you make strategically poor decisions.
What separates liutenant colonel from colonel or brig then?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

So weve narrowed it doing to pretty much ... everything. :happytomato:

ovi12 wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Difference between pr30+ and pr30- (I assume thats about what youre asking) is mostly mechanics. Execution most importantly.
A luit col just has more stuff than a captain. Gets a lot easier to win that way even if you make strategically poor decisions.
What separates liutenant colonel from colonel or brig then?
Theres no magical answer to any of these questions. A brig is just ever so slightly better at everything than a colonel (on average.) Tiny bit higher apm, slightly crisper builds, slighlty better micro etc ...

I agree though that it is mostly mechanics that seperate players.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Villager management and distribution is huge. Having wandering/idle/vulnerable vils can end a game in seconds. And distribution can be a problem when you have 1000 wood and no food or gold when an enemy army comes sweeping through..
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

+1 to this thread! I feel like this is the 1 million dollar question.
Btw something I see a lot of players down in Lt level do (myself included) is go for his main base, after winning a fight at your own base, when your opp is clearly gathering somewhere else.

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

macacoalbino wrote:go for his main base, after winning a fight at your own base, when your opp is clearly gathering somewhere else.
Ye its so hard deciding what to go for, that far out coin mine where he MAY be gathering or his main base that is definitely right where it was the last time. And so many times in the heat of the battle I just miss that one deer that my opp is gathering on while scrolling through the hunts on the map. And then there is the off chance of 20 opris right in my ass waiting for me to go to his base and then ravage my TC.

Recently I played India against a Japanese guy. We were both Industrial and my urumi mahout gurkha composition was pretty much owning his ashi flaming arrow yumi composition (he had no walls up). So I advanced to kill off the shrines in the centre and then to his base. I kill the TC and i was finishing his wonders. And right when I think the game is over, 10, nagis, a shogun, daimyo and 5 morutarus show up at my base where I have all my paddies and he kills 30 vills while my slow army is still at his base. His score jumped up way beyond mine, I wasn''t gathering anything, My army was at his base killing shrines that had no value and I didnt know where he was gathering. Was so annoyed I just quit the game and raged at him later on.

I think one of the main things I need to learn is walling up no matter what whenever the game gets past that 30 min mark and I m on paddies/mills.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Army and villagers are the things which need to be killed above all else, imo
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

most of the time i lose i dont know what to do in each match up so i try to a little bit of everything lol
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

Mistake 1. If the fights are even, I tend to ignore training vils to get a small edge in military, to always get 5 units out etc - almost never a big enough difference because training vils just pays off faster than I can use my military advantage ->' GG

Mistake 2. Not attacking the enemy's economy. It's almost always true that if you're not attacking the economy, you're not doing anything useful. Sure if you have a huge military advantage, but then you already won... If you're just trading units going back and forth towards his army, then no no no, go for the economy, look around to find out where he's hunting etc. (But dont go with your whole slow army behind his base to get trapped ofc. use raiding cav if the vils are behind "safe zones")

Mistake 3. Fighting a fight you know you will not win. Never stay in a fight if you're losing it, or you think you might lose it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yeah, whenever the multitasking stuff gets taxing I forget to macro.

It's probably a little bit of everything tbh. A better player gets a little bit more units by doing a more optimized strat, by wasting less vill seconds, by macroing better, then has a slightly better army composition or slightly better micro, takes better fights, always gets good vill production and army production etc.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Unlike a few people here, I find that I focus too much on killing vile and not enough on destroying infrastructure. You should always kill vile if they are vulnerable, but you should also try to kill houses and military buildings to halt enemy production.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

papist wrote:Unlike a few people here, I find that I focus too much on killing vile and not enough on destroying infrastructure. You should always kill vile if they are vulnerable, but you should also try to kill houses and military buildings to halt enemy production.
Killing vills is much much more important, unless he''s doing a ff and his TC is low HC like an otto jan rush vs a german ff.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

hazza54321 wrote:most of the time i lose i dont know what to do in each match up so i try to a little bit of everything lol
exactly
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

91 wrote:Mistake 1. If the fights are even, I tend to ignore training vils to get a small edge in military, to always get 5 units out etc - almost never a big enough difference because training vils just pays off faster than I can use my military advantage -> GG

Mistake 2. Not attacking the enemy''s economy. It''s almost always true that if you''re not attacking the economy, you''re not doing anything useful. Sure if you have a huge military advantage, but then you already won... If you''re just trading units going back and forth towards his army, then no no no, go for the economy, look around to find out where he''s hunting etc. (But dont go with your whole slow army behind his base to get trapped ofc. use raiding cav if the vils are behind "safe zones")

Mistake 3. Fighting a fight you know you will not win. Never stay in a fight if you''re losing it, or you think you might lose it.

Yup 2 is spot on, specially if you have a eco disadvantage but stronger military you want to fight his army only so you can hit his eco, but the other side is as well that if you are more mobile, avoid head on fights and play like spider does, dart in and out of eco, and try to basetrade if your eco is better but army worse, ofc spread out vils.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

take anything you can as long as you don't pay for it, btw

if you're raiding with 5 nagi and there are 7 vills, you kill 5, then don't suicide the nagi to get the last 2, imo
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.