$500 NR 20 Tournament

Would you be interested in NR20 tournamnet?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 55

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

$500 NR 20 Tournament

Post by princeofcarthage »

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may already know me as for others, I go by same name ( Princeofcarthage ) as main account on ESO. I have been playing this game since Oct'12. I started this game as sup, gradually swinging to treaty and now back to sup. However, I have a different kind of craze for NR20. I have been from the start of ESOC and seen almost every tournament if not participated and since the inception of first tournament it had always been my dream to host a NR20 tournament. However at the time, I neither had the resources nor funds to sponsor such a tournament, while although I tried couple times, but failed to garner the support. I have the funds while ESOC has agreed to lend it's resources for organizing the tournament, the only thing needed now is your support. After some discussion with ESOC it has been decided that with enough support of community and interest the tournament shall proceed.

So here are some of the planned details I would like to disclose which may help attract your attention/interest and kick-start the tournament.

1) Prize Pool:
A) Players would be committing real life time to this tournament and for our entertainment, so it's justified that the winners should be rewarded for their efforts. Hence, I have kept $700 aside
for the tournament out of which $500 would go straight for the major tournament.
B) $100 would be used as a prize pool for a small invitational just before the major tournament to show case a new Patch dedicated for NR20 game mode. ( More details on this later )
C) $100 would be distributed among betting competition, casters, player of the tournament award and other stuff.

2) Patch:
I have been working quite some time on making a balance patch for NR20, which should be ready soon. NR20 is fairly unbalanced on RE as it is, but a lot also depends on what map is used. For Ex: Ports is the top civ on heavy resource map, but it goes way down the list on low resource map. So the aim of the patch is to find a balance with civilization stats and map, thus creating various situations ( fair for both players) where player's macro and improvisation potential is tested to it's full thus making booms more interesting and challenging.

However this is very challenging and a grand vision, which may or may not come true, in the unfortunate event it doesn't succeed tournament will be held with RE civilizations with minor restrictions on top tier civilizations.

3) Maps
Given the permission, I intend to use ESOC and Treaty team maps with slight modifications to suit the needs of NR20 environment otherwise simply RE maps will be used with slight modifications.

4) Format
Details will follow soon

Signups, rules and other details shall follow once a green light is given for the tournament, however I shall share with you my proposed timeline which is subject to change:

1) Release the public beta of patch around mid feb and have a month long testing with final version releasing in April end.
2) A small invitational with top treaty and sup players to showcase the patch mid May.
3) Open signups towards April end.
4) start the major tournament in first week of June.

So now all I need is your support!
Feel free to ask any questions!

I would also be making a thread soon to discuss the changes needed in civilizations and map as to what community thinks it would be fair!
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Re: NR 20 Tournament

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

well... need to see the patch befor i can say yes or no if i would like it.
We (T2T) thougth a lot about nr20 in the next tournament what will start soon.
It is impossible to balance to nr40 and sup...

Could you maybe upload your patch notes?

Aswell i dont think its a good idea to let to many tournaments run at the same time.
shit juice :hmm:
Retired Contributor

Every effort would be made to not coincide with other tournaments.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I think TR10 and TR20 are the better combinations of booming, planning, building and fighting of all the treaty modes. I would definitely like to see some high level players play! Having *another* patch doesn't seem like a great idea to me, is it possible to include the changes in the treaty patch for example? I would also make sure you have at least 16 high level players playing in the tournament, to ensure the later rounds are interesting enough and we get the best content out of the tournament.

It's indeed not a good idea to let to many tournaments run at the same time, but that's why he made a detailed planning, seems fine to me.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Yeah Tr10 and Tr20 so much more exciting.
Pay more attention to detail.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

I would actually be interested in this. I do play nr40 sometimes , but I always enjoy nr20 more. I think there is a lot of potential for interesting strategies and matchups. I also think it would be pretty interesting for viewers, I personally like to watch treaty battles but waiting 40 minutes to see it is pretty long, 20 minutes is more viewer friendly overall.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:I think TR10 and TR20 are the better combinations of booming, planning, building and fighting of all the treaty modes. I would definitely like to see some high level players play! Having *another* patch doesn't seem like a great idea to me, is it possible to include the changes in the treaty patch for example? I would also make sure you have at least 16 high level players playing in the tournament, to ensure the later rounds are interesting enough and we get the best content out of the tournament.

It's indeed not a good idea to let to many tournaments run at the same time, but that's why he made a detailed planning, seems fine to me.

Like i said we thougth about it a lot..but its not so easy to balance nr20 and the actully treaty patch works DEFENETLY not for nr 20.

I would have loved to add nr 20 in the tournament as a game mod.
But it seems impossible to balance and nr 10 even harder.
shit juice :hmm:
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

I would definitely be interested in an NR 20 tournament. I have not seen such a tournament since 2008!
Retired Contributor

edeholland wrote:I think TR10 and TR20 are the better combinations of booming, planning, building and fighting of all the treaty modes. I would definitely like to see some high level players play! Having *another* patch doesn't seem like a great idea to me, is it possible to include the changes in the treaty patch for example? I would also make sure you have at least 16 high level players playing in the tournament, to ensure the later rounds are interesting enough and we get the best content out of the tournament.

It's hard to balance 2 completely different game modes NR20 although treaty is vastly different from NR40. Having changes which would be suitable for both is kinda hard, might have better chance with EP though
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

I think nr10 would be harder to balance, 20 minutes gives every civ the potential for some heavy booms, I have played nr20 with native civs( who are not the best at nr)and they can abuse the firepit to catch up and surpass euro and asian civs in eco. Maybe a small patch where the most overpowered cards were balanced along with some balanced maps would be enough to balance initially. Testing would need to be done by the higher level players, then adjustments should be made.
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

u want nr 20 balanced just ban auke1
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: $500 NR 20 Tournament

Post by dicktator_ »

Hard to balance NR20 when there's so little consensus among players regarding balance. For example I vehemently disagree with your statement of ports being the top civ even on high resource maps, I think they would still lose to Japan China and Brit (but beat any other civ). Best of luck though and I will definitely participate in this.

Actually a lot of the EP nerfs would work quite nicely for NR20. Port goon range nerf, China old han nerf etc. Agree nr20 would fit better with EP changes than TP changes.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

edeholland wrote:I think TR10 and TR20 are the better combinations of booming, planning, building and fighting of all the treaty modes.

Wrong
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

dave_12 wrote:
edeholland wrote:I think TR10 and TR20 are the better combinations of booming, planning, building and fighting of all the treaty modes.

Wrong

I still think it :hehe:

But please, explain your reasoning. Time for some refreshment after all the treaty vs sup threads
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Simple logic: tr40 player => 200 IQ and fully handsome, tr20 player 100Q and halfly handsome. Let's not start talking about tr10!
r]
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Gichtenlord wrote:Simple logic: tr40 player => 200 IQ and fully handsome, tr20 player 100Q and halfly handsome. Let's not start talking about tr10!

Sup player handsomeness undefined :cry:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nr 20 would be quite interesting competetition between treaty and sup players.

However, I would like to see prizepot being distributed by ESOC to participate.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I've always had a soft spot for TR20, so I'm psyched that there will be a tournament. Hopefully this will bring some well-deserved attention to an underplayed but very fun game mode.

I wish you the best of luck in hosting what is sure to be a very exciting event!
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany risi321
Skirmisher

Post by risi321 »

Hi guys,
I prefer nr 10 but nr 20 is much better then nr 40 for me.
I would play the tournement.
European Union matty1248
Crossbow

Post by matty1248 »

:O
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

As a viewer, treaty is absolutely unbearable to watch and I've made that mistake only a few times. The only fun thing is to watch the casters try to find things to talk about. However, nr20 sounds great since the treaty timer is shorter.

I can't remember whether or not I answered your PM. Jim might have. We can definitely provide infrastructure and support in the future. Right now there are simply too many tournaments going on for that to be feasible.
Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Post by optimusprime »

as dicktator said ep might work quite well for nr 20
Retired Contributor

Mr_Bramboy wrote:As a viewer, treaty is absolutely unbearable to watch and I've made that mistake only a few times. The only fun thing is to watch the casters try to find things to talk about. However, nr20 sounds great since the treaty timer is shorter.

I can't remember whether or not I answered your PM. Jim might have. We can definitely provide infrastructure and support in the future. Right now there are simply too many tournaments going on for that to be feasible.

Jim and Mitoe Did.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

500 dollar?! for that bs? rofl
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Unless there are really huge balance issues, probably better to play it on EP rather than make another custom patch that would imo very unlikely continue to be used after the tournament and nobody will be familiar with it. With EP you also get the benefits of anti-cheat.

Good luck.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player