Noob questions

No Flag aigleroyal
Crossbow

Noob questions

Post by aigleroyal »

Hey everyone
I read veni_vidi_vici's Guide and am currently reading GS' TAD 3.0 guide.
I have 3 questions:
1. I began to learn the game with the French. Now vvv said only woth TAD civ reached lvl 40 i can create other lvl 40 citys. Is it ture that if i reach lvl 40 with euro civ , all other euro-covd are lvl 40 at least ( if i creat new) or only french? I say this bc i noticed that i can make lvl20 civs once reached lvl20 french(only euros). I ask this bc i dont wanna learn the game with TAD civ, but on the other hand certaily dont wanna level up each.

2. is there a wp that contains unit stats, since i often compare units?

3. i hardly find good games. If i search for 1v1 its mostly good players or they set map and civ to their advantage, if i search for 2v 3v i either get kiked bc of my to "high"rank or i play with "higher "rank that has way better shippments. Also i find 2v 3v bad to learn. Should i use the quicksearch? (Often cant find games), get good mates? Or how would you approach?( this is the main weakness i see in aoe3 if you are new)

Thx for the reading and the answers!
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Noob questions

Post by SoldieR »

1) Asians cover all, there is a file someone can link that can get you lvl 100 in one game, its not cheating, but skips all leveling process, tho there is some benefit to levling thru a civ to learn
2) check out aoe3 wiki
3) I hope it's not a big issue, that would be unfortunate. What is your rank
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Noob questions

Post by jsimons1289 »

1. Yes if you tier up Euro civs to certain levels, this then applies to all Euro civs. e.g. 40 level HC for France, you can now make a 40 level HC for Germany. Didn't know Asian covered all - I learnt something too!

2. http://aoe3.heavengames.com/php/units/

3. There are some popular times to play, when there are 2000+ people, and some less popular where it's more like 500 people online. Obviously it will be harder to find all types of game if you're on at an unpopular time. In general QS should find you a 1v1 game if you search within 2 TC levels, but also say TWC civs and random maps are allowed. There are mostly 3v3 team games around (I don't know your rank, but from 'Master Sargent' rank up there are usually plenty), but sometimes you'll need to wait 5 mins to find the six players.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Noob questions

Post by DerMaxinator »

kingluki55 wrote:1. I began to learn the game with the French. Now vvv said only woth TAD civ reached lvl 40 i can create other lvl 40 citys. Is it ture that if i reach lvl 40 with euro civ , all other euro-covd are lvl 40 at least ( if i creat new) or only french? I say this bc i noticed that i can make lvl20 civs once reached lvl20 french(only euros). I ask this bc i dont wanna learn the game with TAD civ, but on the other hand certaily dont wanna level up each.
A lvl 40 French or other Euro civ will give you lvl 40 civs from the War Chiefs and the normal version of AoE. Sadly, if you do it like that and don''t do it like SoldieR, you will need to lvl all of the Asian civs on its own...

So practically you will not be able to get a lvl 40 Japan with only Euro civs (Which are lvl 40.) You will need to start with a lvl 10 Asian civ if you do it by playing.

I hope this helped, and for you problem with not finding games. Maybe there are not enough people online, so maybe you should go online at prime time.
Have fun playing :D
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France iNcog
Ninja

Noob questions

Post by iNcog »

take France

do a 10 musk semi every game and you should get to sergent level easily.

i remember my very first aoe3 online game. it was a port Mirror on new england (back in twc days). this guy just made xbows and must have attacked at like 7 or 8 minutes and i'm like "woooow" this guy is so good

aoe3 is a very fun game and very deep. it's an incredibly diverse game. stick to your guns and have fun online
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Noob questions

Post by momuuu »

2. http://www.n3oclan.com/5465/cyclohexane ... -download/
That link has an extensive unit comparison guide I think.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Noob questions

Post by Jaeger »

There are some people who host only stuff like Japan on Siberia (cardifscott) but you can ask them for random map or just host a game yourself. I don't know your rank but this seems pretty rare to me in PR20 plus games.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Noob questions

Post by forgrin »

ople have already answered some of these questions pretty well, but I can add a few things.

1. Yes that's right, and even with a euro civ it works with the native civs as well. Happens every 20 levels, eg. Lvl 40, 60, 80, etc. I just recreated all my civs as I play mostly ports and their HC is much higher than my others at all times.

2. I can't remember if the wiki's up to date or not, but you might wanna check there too. Keep in mind stats are not the only factor in the game, and experience playing and finding out what is good and what isn't can be alot more helpful than pure stat comparisons.

3. Host your own games, and kick Otto/iro unless you really want to work on your colonial defending. I've found this to be the best way to find good games at my rank (sergent).

Additionally I might actually switch to another euro civ if I was you if your favourite to play isn't French. I find the number of coureurs vs number of settlers required to collect x resources in y time throws me off when I play french vs other civs, and can make it harder to extrapolate what you learned with French to other civs.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Noob questions

Post by CruOzer »

iamsoldier wrote:1) Asians cover all, there is a file someone can link that can get you lvl 100 in one game, its not cheating, but skips all leveling process, tho there is some benefit to levling thru a civ to learn

Does anyone have the link? I recently made a new account and don''t wanna level my civs :D

nvm found it: http://eso-community.net/thread/219/free-xp