Boat Risk Europe Tournament Info

Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Boat Risk Europe Tournament Info

Post by Cocaine »

My friends, my fans, my loved ones!

As previously mentioned I would like to host a Boat Risk Europe Tournament. I have played this scenario (8 player) numerous times since early December (to the dislikes of my girlfriend) and I believe that it can become a successful event with the help of the ESOC board and all of you guys here :)

I strongly believe this can be a successful tournament for everyone, especially those players that aren't that great at 1v1 as are most of the tournaments on ESOC.

I have spent countless hours (again to the dislikes of my girlfriend) editing this map. Making it balanced, lag free, eliminating choke points, pathing issues, and all sorts of other problems. I truly believe that the the hard work I put into this map has yielded a solid foundation for a quality tournament.

I ask the help of the ESOC board to help me with this tournament, such as setting up a proper sign up page, fundraising pool, and making it official. I pledge $20 US for the prize pool winner takes all and I encourage any other donations to give incentive for a very fun and competitive tournmanet

Tournament format:
Theoretically if we have 32 players or any other number, we can break this down into a series of games. Such as a quarter final, semi final and a final. If we have 32 players we can host 4 quarter finals with the 4 surviving players of each game advancing to the semi finals, and 4 surviving players of the semi final advancing to the final game winner takes all. All games would be recorded and checked for mooesbar hacking in post game free unit chart or this can just be played on the ESOC patch. Also to give incentive to players to continue in their games and not just quit once they are the last 4 surviving players, the winner of each map can maybe be given a starting Fort Wagon in the next game beside the starting point so that they can transport it anywhere they like to start their conquest.

NOTE: I'm open to all and any suggestions and I can always edit the map and tweak it. The current map I have uploaded below is the consequence of my hard work over the past month, I'm very pleased with it and I guarantee it to be balanced and problem free.

How To Play:
You start with one explorer and a boat in Sardinia, you can transport your explorer anywhere on the map to start building trade posts. Each trade posts gives you an auto spawn unit every so often so the more posts you have the more units you get to fight your opponents. Destroy enemy posts to stop their production and win the game either by destroying everyone or by Trade Monopoly. There are 71 posts on the map, control 36 to activate Trade Monopoly. Choose your civ in the lobby wisely as only your civs units will be imperial, all other units will be veteran. For example if you choose France in the lobby, your gendarmes will be imperial but if you chosen Germany in the lobby, your gendarmes will be veteran. All unit types are specific to their location (mostly) so Russian units are in Russia on the map, German in Germany and so on. I advise you to test run the map once vs computers to familiarize yourself with what units are located where.

Special Units:
I have included 4 special unit types to make certain map locations more enticing. Fort Wagon spawn in Germany which is the center of the map and thus hardest to control.
Ironclad are the scenarios only monitor ship and thus can shot trade posts long distance and are crucial to map control, in Italy.
2 Outpost Wagons in Southern France and Russia every 8 minutes.
Explorer spawn is the most controversial one but if you ever played risk you know once you lose your explorer you can't do anything so this is a little extra help, if you're willing to fight over this part of the map ;)

Special Zone:

Crete is a special island I made for a last resort hideout, it is often used by someone that just has no where else to go after losing the early battles for map control. There is 1 post but it will spawn 3 unit types. A Morgan Flagship Galleon, 2 falconets, and 6 Stradiots once every 6 minutes. It is a fortress of its own if fortified with many cannons and often the only way to bring it down is with Ironclads.

The Map:
There are 71 posts on the map
Basic unit spawn every 30 seconds
Advanced units spawn every 1 minute
Cannons spawn every 3 minutes
Boats spawn every 6 minutes
Special Units spawn every 8 minutes

Special Units:
Red: Ironclad
Blue : Explorer - Yes by controlling this post you will be given an extra explorer every 8 minutes.
Green: Fort Wagon
Yellow: 2 Outpost Wagons

Starting Fort Wagon Locations:
Every major region has a starting Fort Wagon, build on one of these trade post sites to convert it:
Cannon Posts:
Blue: Culverins - Yes only 3 posts to allow more naval combats since ships spawn pretty slow.
Red: Falconets/Gattling Guns/Petards/Organ Guns/ Bombards

Boat Posts:
There are various boat posts on the map, some boats are stronger than others.
Green: Caravel
Brown (Cuba) : Privateer
Black (Italy) : Ironclad
White (Crete) : Morgan Flagship - Galleon
Orange: Galley
Blue: Frigate
Yellow: Fune
Red: War Junk

Trade Monopoly:
Theoretically this is how many posts you need to activate Trade Monopoly (36 posts)

I look forward to comments and support in making this tournament a reality, I would like to hear from the ESOC board first about their collaboration if any and suggestions since it can become a successful scenario tournament for all members of this community :)

Sincerely,

Cocaine - Jan Krol AKA LordKrol may your soul rest in piece 2005-2012

Attachments
BoatRiskWorld2018 v121.age3Yscn
New Version 1.21
(643.85 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Boat Risk Europe Tournament Infodamn s

Post by deleted_user0 »

damn sounds cool
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Boat Risk Europe Tournament Info

Post by Gendarme »

I suggest you use http://www.imgur.com instead of Photobucket.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

is it 8 players per game or less?
shit juice :hmm:
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

It's 8 player per game or less depending on how many people sign up

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Cocaine wrote:It's 8 player per game or less depending on how many people sign up

how many risks did you played in ur life?
it will lag like shit..
i played a lot but long ago and even without water sometimes it was very laggy
and are the spawn random from the tps? i mean the units if not ...gg i win
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Gendarme wrote:I suggest you use http://www.imgur.com instead of Photobucket.

@Cocaine yeah, currently none of the images are visible.

queenofdestiny wrote:and are the spawn random from the tps? i mean the units if not ...gg i win

No, they are not random:
All unit types are specific to their location (mostly) so Russian units are in Russia on the map, German in Germany and so on. I advise you to test run the map once vs computers to familiarize yourself with what units are located where.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

queenofdestiny wrote:and are the spawn random from the tps? i mean the units if not ...gg i win

No, they are not random:
All unit types are specific to their location (mostly) so Russian units are in Russia on the map, German in Germany and so on. I advise you to test run the map once vs computers to familiarize yourself with what units are located where.

yeah then...gggggg
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

I made this a nearly lag free risk even in a 2 hour deep game. I removed all trees and unnecessary embellishments. Yes I played countless risks. Trust me when I say it’s a good balanced map and there is no easy winner here. If you think so join the tournaments donate some money and win

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

I have fixed photos I hope you guys can see it now?

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

No, they are not random:

Fixed?

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

So can I maybe get someone from the ESOC team to message me about helping out or can I just make this tournament sign ups like, myself? Here on the forum?

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Cocaine wrote:I have fixed photos I hope you guys can see it now?
Yea.

Cocaine wrote:So can I maybe get someone from the ESOC team to message me about helping out or can I just make this tournament sign ups like, myself? Here on the forum?
You can discuss collaboration with the media team. However, running this tournament entirely through ESOC tournament system will not be possible, as it only supports 1v1.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Cocaine wrote:I have fixed photos I hope you guys can see it now?
Yea.

Cocaine wrote:So can I maybe get someone from the ESOC team to message me about helping out or can I just make this tournament sign ups like, myself? Here on the forum?
You can discuss collaboration with the media team. However, running this tournament entirely through ESOC tournament system will not be possible, as it only supports 1v1.

Perfect! I will do that. I'm fine with organizing the brackets, player draws, and so on for it myself :)

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

OK I played it today!

CONGRATS NO LAG :p
But if you was the host and played pink... Hmmmm

I need to see but imo the Russian part seems not so balanced... I need to play it a few more times... I played a lot of risks in the past and I'm pretty rusty but I think it's a really nice idea!
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

queenofdestiny wrote:OK I played it today!

I need to see but imo the Russian part seems not so balanced... I need to play it a few more times... I played a lot of risks in the past and I'm pretty rusty but I think it's a really nice idea!

Ya I was pink. But what happens in game stays in game lol. What do u mean russian part? I could try making them more balanced. Like adding an extra unit type.

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Cocaine wrote:

Ya I was pink. But what happens in game stays in game lol. What do u mean russian part? I could try making them more balanced. Like adding an extra unit type.

Can't really say bc I didn't came so far bc... You know lol

Like I said need to play it a few more times. And idk if it's a good idea to make a tp with a Explorer? Or are there more than one?
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

queenofdestiny wrote:
Cocaine wrote:

Can't really say bc I didn't came so far bc... You know lol

Like I said need to play it a few more times. And idk if it's a good idea to make a tp with a Explorer? Or are there more than one?

Nah there’s just one. And it’s not that deadly. But I’ll consider this strongly. Any further tips. But I wanna get sign ups going for this tourney

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Imo no explorer post tbh
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Hey @Cocaine , thanks for your explanation. I really like the minimaps you made, they really help with understanding the layout of the map. Once again, I suggest you make a seperate post for this scenario in User Created Content: viewforum.php?f=33. There people can discuss the scenario outside of the tournament setting. Would also be the best place to give updates etc.

I know you have put a lot of work into balancing the game, but you will have to admit you are also just 1 guy. Except if you received help from the best players, it can't be 100% balanced (because you tested it with average people). This doesn't have to be bad, EP isn't 100% balanced either after all. But you need to think about how it will work.

For example, let's assume Russia and Germany are the best civs. What happens when two people want to go Russia, is that allowed? If it's isn't, how are you going to decide who can play Russia? If it is allowed, it's probably the best to go Russia or Germany only when nobody else is using that civ. So players are going to keep switching civs until they are the only one going Russia/Germany. Which means the game may never start. You have to think about how civs are picked, for a tournament, it has to be as fair as possible. Personally, I suggest you start the scenario in discovery age. That way, you can go anywhere you want with any civ, because every unit is in discovery age. It would make the locations way more important (which is interesting) and the civs less (which is less interesting imo).

I'm still thinking about some sort of scenario tournament with this scenario, a balanced cannibal (a cat and mouse game) and the cards game from @Interjection. Would you like something like that, or do you really want your own tournament setting?

Let me hear your comments, I will keep the Media Team leader (@MCJim ) updated :)
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

edeholland wrote:Hey @Cocaine , thanks for your explanation. I really like the minimaps you made, they really help with understanding the layout of the map. Once again, I suggest you make a seperate post for this scenario in User Created Content: viewforum.php?f=33. There people can discuss the scenario outside of the tournament setting. Would also be the best place to give updates etc.

I know you have put a lot of work into balancing the game, but you will have to admit you are also just 1 guy. Except if you received help from the best players, it can't be 100% balanced (because you tested it with average people). This doesn't have to be bad, EP isn't 100% balanced either after all. But you need to think about how it will work.

For example, let's assume Russia and Germany are the best civs. What happens when two people want to go Russia, is that allowed? If it's isn't, how are you going to decide who can play Russia? If it is allowed, it's probably the best to go Russia or Germany only when nobody else is using that civ. So players are going to keep switching civs until they are the only one going Russia/Germany. Which means the game may never start. You have to think about how civs are picked, for a tournament, it has to be as fair as possible. Personally, I suggest you start the scenario in discovery age. That way, you can go anywhere you want with any civ, because every unit is in discovery age. It would make the locations way more important (which is interesting) and the civs less (which is less interesting imo).

I'm still thinking about some sort of scenario tournament with this scenario, a balanced cannibal (a cat and mouse game) and the cards game from @Interjection. Would you like something like that, or do you really want your own tournament setting?

Let me hear your comments, I will keep the Media Team leader (@MCJim ) updated :)

Hey!

So I don’t get your post about who goes Russia or Germany? And the game not starting? Like multiple players can be the same civilization in the lobby and if more than 1 player goes for a area of the map like Russia, we’ll let the war begin? Survival of the best. I don’t see where u assumed that can’t happen.

Age 2 start is a good idea I’ll look into it. But I want players to focus on battle strategy not a full 8 player Ffa so I think keeping it simple will help players focus on actual fighting invading and battling rather than economics of the game.

I do appreciate your comment, and the map is open to being played by others but as I said I have made every part of the map equally balanced to the best I think it can get :)

Ultimately I think this scanerio facilitated the best strategic planning and thinking, its like real war in a way.. and I would really like to make a tournament out of this so I’ll try my best to start signups sometime this week.

Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

But. I will brainstorm your ideas strongly later today. I want the best user experience possible so if I can improve this scanerio in anyway I definitely will!

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Let's assume Russia and Germany are the best civs again.

Player 1, 2, 3 and 4 pick Russia. Player 5 and 6 pick Germany.
Player 4 thinks "if everybody is Russia, it's better to pick another civ. Player 4 goes Germany.
Because of this, player 5 thinks "too many people are going Germany, I pick Spain"
Next player 3 goes Germany, because only people 2 playing Germany.

Etc etc

Basically, what happens when not all 8 players can agree on the civs?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

lol reminds me of the gud old nilla times
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience