Heart of the Cards Tournament (Third Birthday Event)

Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Heart of the Cards Tournament (Third Birthday Event)

Post by Interjection »

Heart of the Cards Tournament

Overview

This event will be a special one day 'Cards' tournament held on the Sunday the 11th of Feburary 2018 to celebrate ESOC's third anniversary! Please download 'Cards v2.2' & 'Cards 2.2 OBS' here: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9748. The OBS version supports multiple spectators so that myself and _H2O can cast the all-day event live: https://www.twitch.tv/esoctv. Games without observers can be played on the regular version. It should be a lot of fun with no minimum PR requirement, currently there is no cash prize but the victor will take home a snazzy forum badge they can show off on the boards and will forever be hailed a hero by myself. Sign ups will open on the day (time yet to be determined) but between 12:00 GMT, and games will commence at 14:00 GMT. This thread will be updated when finalized. I will also post a video on the day before.

Format

For this first Cards Event, the format for each series will be a mirrors only best of 3 (the semis & finals will be BO5). Players will agree to a mirror match in game 1. Game 2 onwards, the losing player of each previous match will pick the mirror for the next match (from civilizations that have not yet been played). There will be no banned civilizations.

Please remember that competitive games must be set to 'Expert Difficulty' before starting. This will trigger a short hussar fight at the beginning of the game to determine who goes first and will enable a deciding 'SUDDEN DEATH' round in the event of a tie. Games started on the OBS version should be set to 'Free For All' (FFA) otherwise you might sometimes find you're allied with your opponent!
Howdah
Donator 04

Re: Heart of the Cards Tournament (Third Birthday Event)

Post by Interjection »

Gameplay Rules

1.1 - Players will agree to a mirror match in game 1. After that the losing player will pick the mirror match up from civilizations that have not yet been played.

1.2 - Every player must respect their opponent, casters and organizers. Misbehavior will result in a warning and can lead into disqualification. Racism and/or insults will not be tolerated.

1.4 - When a player disconnects before the hussar fight, the match will be restarted.

1.5 - When a player disconnects AFTER the hussar fight, the players can (when both agree) restart and replay the game. When the opponent does not agree to restart, the player who lost connection will be given a loss.

1.6 - Players must be respectable to each other when selecting civilizations in a game. Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups, or otherwise be difficult to agree to a match-up. The tournament staff reserves the right to two possible outcomes. 1. If only one player is deemed challenging, then that player will be forced to pick their civilization first. 2. If both players are disagreeable then blind pick will be enforced. This decision is made by the staff.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Casting Rules

2.1 - It is every players responsibility to work with tournament staff for the casting of games.

2.2 - Players and caster(s) may request during a match that measures be taken to reduce lag. At the discretion of the tournament admins or casters if no admins are available, a streamed match may have its casters switched out, have its number of casters reduced, or be casted from replays.

2.3 - Only casters that have been authorized by the tournament staff will be permitted to stream matches.

2.4 - The players in casted matches will be required to schedule their matches with their opponents and with the authorized caster(s).

2.5 - All streamed games must have a time delay of 2 minutes.

2.6 - The tournament staff reserves the right to extend the deadline of the match if deemed appropriate.

2.7 - No additional observers may be present in games.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Disqualification Rules

3.1 - All external exploits and game modification software are forbidden. The tournament administration reserves the right to disqualify a player for use of any exploits to gain an unfair advantage.

3.2 - Exploits include but are not limited to: Map Hacks, Trainers, Explorer Revival Glitch, OOS / Intentional Lag (Stacked downloads or other game crashing exploits), and mods (building rotator, zoom modification).

3.3 - Use of these exploits is grounds for removal from the event.

3.4 - If you suspect your opponent has violated any of the player integrity rules, finish the game and submit it for review with an explanation of why you think the game was unfair. If the tournament staff members find someone to be guilty of cheating, the cheater will be disqualified from the tournament.

3.5 - The tournament staff has the right to disqualify a player in cases where there is severe lag to the point where the playing and/or viewing experience is unusually burdened.

3.6 - The registered account name must be the main account of its owner for proper seeding.

3.7 - When a player is disqualified, he/she has no right to claim any prize money.

3.8 - A disqualification may only be committed if all tournament staff agrees.
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Disciplinary Actions

4.1 For each rule broken, players will be subject to a 5% penalty of their share of the prize pool at the end of the tournament.

4.2 These disciplinary actions are in place from the quarter finals on.

4.2 Players who did not win a share of the prize pool are not subject to other penalties.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

HYPE
ImageImageImage
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cool, on which patch is it though?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

how do we add to the prize pool for this tournament? I would like to donate a tiny amount and I am sure some others might too
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Kaiserklein wrote:Cool, on which patch is it though?

I think they playtested everything on RE, so I imagine it's going to be RE. Since there are very little changes to shipments, it doesn't really matter. I think Spain is still shit and the sepoy nerfs aren't going to make India much more/less viable.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

It is mirror anyway.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yes, its all mirrors because the game is not balance tested at all. We wanted to keep it fun and low stress for players and keep the game play in game and not in the lobby.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

11/12 gmt signups means I have to be awake at 6-7 am to play this :/
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

dicktator_ wrote:11/12 gmt signups means I have to be awake at 6-7 am to play this :/

3am for me lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A one day tournament probably can't satisfy both EU and NA time zones.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

well miggo time to shine
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP