WHY THAT?

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

WHY THAT?

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Why is Gendarme kicked from the esoc dev?
He helped me always!
He was always polite to me and very nice!
Its not good to just kick people bc they have a different private life from what esoc wants to be... Ffs realis this game is dead makes no sense to me to kick people out of the staff...
I wanted to be a media team member but I'm glad I'm not bc I wouldn't be anymore already!
And what about the sir musket story Damm... Everything would be so easy but I feel like esoc is getting more like politics not like a COMMUNITY

"what you want people to do or to be... Do it first yourself!"
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: WHY THAT?

Post by edeholland »

What is exactly wrong with the SirMusket story? :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Because he liked to make satirical memes in a discord entirely unrelated to esoc. In other words, dictator mank-il did his usual dictatoring. If you didn't know yet, ESOC is a sad clique with a few people that have all power and make all decisions and a group of other puppets that work for these people.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:What is exactly wrong with the SirMusket story? :hmm:

I don't think it's good to discuss this here :unsure:
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

momuuu wrote:Because he liked to make satirical memes in a discord entirely unrelated to esoc. In other words, dictator mank-il did his usual dictatoring. If you didn't know yet, ESOC is a sad clique with a few people that have all power and make all decisions and a group of other puppets that work for these people.

No I didn't... But I always prefer to get my own view but soon I'm done
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

queenofdestiny wrote:

Sounds like a good idea yeah...

But I'm sure Ryan will come with an official statement soon enough, don't want to put words into his mouth.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:

But I'm sure Ryan will come with an official statement soon enough, don't want to put words into his mouth.

Soon... How long ago did it started? It's just slow... I'm getting sick of this bs and I can tell you... I will say something if not soon there is something coming!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

queenofdestiny wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Soon... How long ago did it started?

He was removed 2 days ago.

queenofdestiny wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I will say something if not soon there is something coming!

What do you have in mind? ;)
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

edeholland wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Soon... How long ago did it started?

He was removed 2 days ago.

queenofdestiny wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I will say something if not soon there is something coming!

What do you have in mind? ;)

I don't have in mind... I know everything and even more than most esoc people... And stop bothering me... I mostly did this thread bc I feel like Gendarme is just getting kicked bc of idiots complaining and I want to know the other side
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

momuuu wrote:Because he liked to make satirical memes in a discord entirely unrelated to esoc. In other words, dictator mank-il did his usual dictatoring. If you didn't know yet, ESOC is a sad clique with a few people that have all power and make all decisions and a group of other puppets that work for these people.
I don't know the reason why he was removed but it if someone is making blatantly racist and sexist comments it doesn't matter if it's in esoc or not because as long as it's within the same sphere it reflects poorly on esoc.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I'm just trying to answer everything I can without making an official statement about why he was removed, I will leave that up to Ryan. I'm actually glad you made this thread because I feel like we should have made a statement earlier.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Because Americans have no sense of tolerance and decency. Revolt while you can and before you are silenced people.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

gibson wrote:
I don't know the reason why he was removed but it if someone is making blatantly racist and sexist comments it doesn't matter if it's in esoc or not because as long as it's within the same sphere it reflects poorly on esoc.

Reflecting on a dead community / game... So like you rl think esoc is like a work for a big company? It should be a hobby and make fun and not cut your personality what you like to do..
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

gibson wrote:

Which sphere is that?
To my understanding he posted a meme in a discord channel, a channel, which is totally unrelated to ESOC.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

queenofdestiny wrote:Why is Gendarme kicked from the esoc dev?
He helped me always!
He was always polite to me and very nice!
Its not good to just kick people bc they have a different private life from what esoc wants to be... Ffs realis this game is dead makes no sense to me to kick people out of the staff...
I wanted to be a media team member but I'm glad I'm not bc I wouldn't be anymore already!
And what about the sir musket story Damm... Everything would be so easy but I feel like esoc is getting more like politics not like a COMMUNITY

"what you want people to do or to be... Do it first yourself!"

can somebody inform me about what is happening and about sirmusket issue?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:

This isn't a company. It's a fucking burden to be part of esoc already.. You're not allowed to really have a controversial opinion on the forums or behave like a normal forum member, you have to behave in all twitch chats and discord servers. And now you can't even have fun with friends on a private discord server.

No surprise a staff member leaves/is kicked every other week basically and all staff members have basically given up being active. But ESOC thought police is still going strong. Hail mank-il.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

queenofdestiny wrote:
gibson wrote:

Reflecting on a dead community / game... So like you rl think esoc is like a work for a big company? It should be a hobby and make fun and not cut your personality what you like to do..

even in big companies, you can find very questionable conversations in slack chats (which could be compared to discord?). Sometimes people are tired/stressed/drunk and cross a certain line. I just hope this decision wasn't made because some staff members take their job a bit too seriously
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

benj89 wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:
Show hidden quotes

even in big companies, you can find very questionable conversations in slack chats (which could be compared to discord?). Sometimes people are tired/stressed/drunk and cross a certain line. I just hope this decision wasn't made because some staff members take their job a bit too seriously

mr dictator thinks esoc is a company unfortunately. If only staff members would get paid :?:
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

momuuu wrote:
gibson wrote:

This isn't a company. It's a fucking burden to be part of esoc already.. You're not allowed to really have a controversial opinion on the forums or behave like a normal forum member, you have to behave in all twitch chats and discord servers. And now you can't even have fun with friends on a private discord server.

No surprise a staff member leaves/is kicked every other week basically and all staff members have basically given up being active. But ESOC thought police is still going strong. Hail mank-il.

this confirms what I thought then
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

momuuu wrote:
benj89 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

mr dictator thinks esoc is a company unfortunately. If only staff members would get paid :?:

Wait they dont get paid ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Unfortunately Gendarme was posting some extremely hateful images and making statements that do not align with ESOC's brand. Those statements were made in a public discord server that is known as "The Hub" where some AoE3 players chat. The images portrayed support for the return of Hitler, and a hatred of black, gay, and jewish people. Regardless of intentions, the statements are highly inappropriate to make and were the sole cause for his removal. This was not the first time the issue was raised with in our team.

Two common questions I would like to directly address:
1. Why can't a staff member post whatever they would like to in a non-ESOC setting? What about the freedom of speech?
Gendarme absolutely has every right to post whatever he wants where ever he wants to. In that same regard ESOC has a right to distance themselves from content and people it finds reflect poorly on its image. Simply put, we do not want to be associated in any way with that type of content. While ESOC is not a company, it is a group. Our group will not be associating with this content.

2. Gendarme has denied that he holds those views and is posting these pictures for other reasons, so it should be okay.
Two things on this statement. The first one is that regardless of the intention for posting those images, having them posted and associated with an ESOC team member reflects poorly on us. The second is that when you post 100 memes and spend a lot of time reading and socializing around this content, it is not reasonable or possible to simply deny you hold those views and have it be taken seriously. There is a large audience that will not view the images in question and find it a light or joking matter.

We hope the best for Gendarme and he will not be banned or blocked from the community in any way.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

As the owner of this "public" discord, I can tell you it is not public.

_H2O wrote:We hope the best for Gendarme and he will not be banned or blocked from the community in any way.

lmao. I think you should pray for yourself instead lol.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

:huh:
Attachments
whyareyoureadingthis.png
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Admin mafia
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

momuuu wrote:
gibson wrote:

There's a difference between having a controversial opinion and being antisemitic, which in my opinion isn't a controversial opinion but in fact a disgusting belief. And it would be fine to be antisemitic in a small discord server with just your friends who share similar beliefs. What's probably not fine is parroting those beliefs in the 2nd biggest aoe3 server. You aren't even making sense. Blatant racism, sexism, and all sorts of other hate is already allowed on the forum. It's funny how you've gone from "permaban anyone who makes a thread about pool chemicals" to getting pissed when a racist is removed from the staff. That really tells alot about your priorities and you personally. Also, no one even knows the real reason why he was removed, it's all speculation at this point. It could be for reasons completely different. Personally I would have removed him the first time I saw comments from newer members who were shocked that someone parroting his outdated beliefs was allowed to be staff.