Did you know that ?

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Did you know that ?

Post by Rikikipu »

[colorspoiler=colorspoiler][/colorspoiler]Did you know thaaaat ?

• Ingame, you can talk with the other team only by adding '#' 'before your message (such a nice way to troll your team).
  • Ingame, you can talk to someone online on ESO by adding '/w' before your message. Example "/w Kaiserklein I'm playing with your mom" will allow me to whisper to kaiser while I'm in game.
  • Coyote, eagle runner knight, disciple, tiger claws and rattan shield ore the only units considered as Light Infantry. But only the tiger claws got the infantry tag, which means that lancer bonus only works against tiger claws in this category.
  • I'm really playing with Kaiser's mummy
  • Units can garrison into fishing boats, and these last ones can also garrison into Towers and Tcs next to the shore. Which means that you can garrison military units inside TCs by using fishing boats.
  • Yojimbo (the unit from japanese saloon card) is a cav archer which does area damage in melee mode.
  • Germany is the only civ which got access to upgradede petards, called nitro petards.
  • Carolina is the first AOE3 map made by ES, writtern in January 2003.
  • It was planned to add a starting caravel for each player on Patagonia and Saguenay.
  • There is a previous version of Bayou (called Bayou2backup) which has been disabled by ES, but they forget to remove the map file. It's a verison which really has nothing to do with the current Bayou, it is a map like LOST, where you start with a caravel and a hero !
  • Same story for great lakes, here is the map :

Follow the list !
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Did you know that ?

Post by Gendarme »

>Your games continue even when servers are down due to the P2P aspect but you can still send ESO whispers when in game.
>mfw
Pay more attention to detail.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Rikikipu wrote:Ingame, you can talk to someone online on ESO by adding '/w' before your message. Example "/w Kaiserklein I'm playing with your mom" will allow me to whisper to kaiser while I'm in game.

I want to try this :o
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Ty for the tip riki !

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

This shit poster was the reason why Kaiser and Me meet pretty fast...

I want to try German nitro petards in treaty
shit juice :hmm:
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

queenofdestiny wrote:This shit poster was the reason why Kaiser and Me meet pretty fast...

We all have the same excitment when using nitro petards for the first time - belive me, they don't live up to the hype
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

No, I did not know that. thx :P
ImageImageImage
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I knew about all these tips, except the one about my mom :(
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

queenofdestiny wrote:This shit poster was the reason why Kaiser and Me meet pretty fast...

Rather play russians with ransack (the age 3 card which gives all infantry 50% more siege). That way your petards get 2800 damage and one hit barracks/stables/art foundries. Paired with having instant infantry thats a very fun combination which i just did in a game vs robert95‘s ports.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

It's too bad there is not a way to receive whispers while you're in-game. A "hey is your game about done?" would be nice.
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

Very interesting. More please!
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

musketeer925 wrote:It's too bad there is not a way to receive whispers while you're in-game. A "hey is your game about done?" would be nice.

Still useful though. Who hasnt gone in game while just receiving a message from someone. It felt awkward if you forgot to say you were going ingame. With this tip you can.

Also, do you remember that xfire was all the rage back in the day? Instead of discord/skype, people would chat over xfire because it had a nice ingame overlay. (I mean surely you of all people do remember so just consider this a fun throwback)
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

11/10 post Rikki!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Thanks ! I will try to add more whenever I can.

musketeer925 wrote:It's too bad there is not a way to receive whispers while you're in-game. A "hey is your game about done?" would be nice.

Yeah it would be very cool to do this, sadly it's only a one-way train
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

If that were the case I’d probably have to pest floko
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I actually like it that this isn't possible. Just imagine how much this could be abused...
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

It's possible in SC2 (at least was at one point) and it was fine. I think you could restrict it to just friends and turn it on and off though, so that would need to be implemented as well to protect from abuse. The SC2 in-game whispers weren't very intrusive cause Blizzard UI is OP.
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If you could turn it off, then fine I guess. I'd just hate to get spammed in the middle of a tournament game, or any close game really.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

Rikikipu wrote:Did you know thaaaat ?

• Ingame, you can talk with the other team only by adding '#' 'before your message (such a nice way to troll your team).
  • Ingame, you can talk to someone online on ESO by adding '/w' before your message. Example "/w Kaiserklein I'm playing with your mom" will allow me to whisper to kaiser while I'm in game.
  • Coyote, eagle runner knight, disciple, tiger claws and rattan shield ore the only units considered as Light Infantry. But only the tiger claws got the infantry tag, which means that lancer bonus only works against tiger claws in this category.
  • I'm really playing with Kaiser's mummy
  • Units can garrison into fishing boats, and these last ones can also garrison into Towers and Tcs next to the shore. Which means that you can garrison military units inside TCs by using fishing boats.
  • Yojimbo (the unit from japanese saloon card) is a cav archer which does area damage in melee mode.
  • Germany is the only civ which got access to upgradede petards, called nitro petards.
  • Carolina is the first AOE3 map made by ES, writtern in January 2003.
  • It was planned to add a starting caravel for each player on Patagonia and Saguenay.
  • There is a previous version of Bayou (called Bayou2backup) which has been disabled by ES, but they forget to remove the map file. It's a verison which really has nothing to do with the current Bayou, it is a map like LOST, where you start with a caravel and a hero !
  • Same story for great lakes, here is the map :

Follow the list !

jep thats tru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVOMmgtyw-M&list=PLkYeZkRZWdnJJakzMn3yq42PcLjG4wiWA yojimbo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWshn0jtVo4&list=PLkYeZkRZWdnJJakzMn3yq42PcLjG4wiWA&index=2 upgared petard video
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:If you could turn it off, then fine I guess. I'd just hate to get spammed in the middle of a tournament game, or any close game really.

Yeah, you should be able to turn it off whenever you want. It would be perfect
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Colosseum some version has one unit which has 1.5(correction maybe needed) armor, basically if you attack it it doesn't die and you possibly take damage(correction?)
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Edesseum perhaps? :biggrin:
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

I alrteady knew all this stuff
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Thats why I like Riki
Thanks for the informations ;)
United States of America billoreilly
Crossbow
ESO: BillOReilly

Post by billoreilly »

- On ESO a double right click will perform the same action as a single left click. The exception to this is when switching between tabs on the left (ESO Home, Game Browser, Quick Search, etc.). A left click will switch the screen you are viewing to the respective tab. A double right click will do almost the same thing, except the "button clicking" noise will not play.

- How fast the "play fast" button plays your recorded games is dependent on when you first click the "play fast" button on each recorded game viewing session. For example, if you check "play fast" within the first second of the game loading (as quick as possible) then the recording will play much faster than typical when placed in "fast mode" (e.g. 5x regular speed instead of 2x or 3x).

- Type enough spaces after a short message in ESO then write "<AccountName>: <message>". That second part of your message will be on its own line and will make it look like that account spoke in the chat (except the account name and colon will be white instead of orange).

These facts may or may not be true outside of vanilla.