Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Re: reverse smurfs on ESO

Post by mmTakezo »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
Show hidden quotes

the thing is that "mental skill " is a lot easier accesible nowadays via streams and youtube videos etc. which makes it a lot less valuable becasue its quite easy to obtain. Just htink about how fast people adopted the pull trick ( its not hard to execute, but back in 2006 you oculd have probably get an edge just by knowing such things, whereas nowadays everyone is aware of it)

things like that arent even a skill. We use the concept of skill specifically to contrast with knowledge in many cases. Strats, bo's, and in general the meta, they are just knowledge. Things such as adapting, predicting your opponent's moves etc, sure, those are mental skills. But I wasn't talking about that. And there's no reason to assume ppl back then didn't do that either. There's also little reason to assume that on average, the best players back then were a shit tone better, if any better, than the best players now on average. Just that there currently are a whole lot less of them, and thus competition is less intense, and ppl can get away with lazier play. which is a negative spiral pretty much. In sc2 pro scene you can't get away with clicking ur units from barracks with mouse. If aoe3 scene was as intense as sc2 scene, perhaps you couldnt here either. But because it isn't, and it probably has never been, you can easily get away with it. In fact, you can dragbox yourself to 3rd place spot ez.

I totally agree with you but you have to take into account the limits of the game how is it designed for be played If the new strategies they do not work against the so-called traditional strategies example with the sanctuaries of japan nobody will use them anymore because they do not work against good players.How do you see it in this case ???
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

It it weird that when I read umeu posts I hear his voice in my head as if he were reading them?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

mmTakezo wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

things like that arent even a skill. We use the concept of skill specifically to contrast with knowledge in many cases. Strats, bo's, and in general the meta, they are just knowledge. Things such as adapting, predicting your opponent's moves etc, sure, those are mental skills. But I wasn't talking about that. And there's no reason to assume ppl back then didn't do that either. There's also little reason to assume that on average, the best players back then were a shit tone better, if any better, than the best players now on average. Just that there currently are a whole lot less of them, and thus competition is less intense, and ppl can get away with lazier play. which is a negative spiral pretty much. In sc2 pro scene you can't get away with clicking ur units from barracks with mouse. If aoe3 scene was as intense as sc2 scene, perhaps you couldnt here either. But because it isn't, and it probably has never been, you can easily get away with it. In fact, you can dragbox yourself to 3rd place spot ez.

I totally agree with you but you have to take into account the limits of the game how is it designed for be played If the new strategies they do not work against the so-called traditional strategies example with the sanctuaries of japan nobody will use them anymore because they do not work against good players.How do you see it in this case ???

i'm not exactly sure what you mean. But if you mean that the mechanical skill of the players influences the meta > what strategies and bo's are played, then I think that's true. probably if some supercomputer or superhuman would play this game, they would come up with strategies we haven't considered, or perhaps that we have considered but not used, because of mechanical limitations.
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Post by bigsmoke »

@Googol can't say I've ever been in a position where I've got more PR than I should have, what about you?
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

A few weeks ago I took a new account to PR 38 in 10 or 12 games

Now the train goes choo choo but it's still got a simple cylinder engine, it ain't that big
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

deleted_user wrote:A few weeks ago I took a new account to PR 38 in 10 or 12 games

Now the train goes choo choo but it's still got a simple cylinder engine, it ain't that big

arg_ktrain confirmed
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket