how long does it take for games to post with simple ladders?

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

how long does it take for games to post with simple ladders?

Post by jgals »

Are they still working (Jp community simple ladder) correctly? Some of my games dont post or take really long time. Though, I'm wondering if its because occasionally I get "lost connection with ESO" message at the end o the game. Does that mean it could not send data about the game back to the server and it didn't count?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: how long does it take for games to post with simple ladders?

Post by Garja »

Games where you lost connection probably won't get saved on ESO servers. To check if a game has been counted by the servers just use this

JP elo is updating very slowly lately, better start using ESOC ladder imo.
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

If ESO is actually down at the end of the game, I think the game doesn't get submitted anywhere.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Does that mean it could not send data about the game back to the server and it didn't count?
Correct; if ESO crashes during the match, results will not be uploaded anywhere at all and you will get that error message instead.

jgals wrote:Are they still working (Jp community simple ladder) correctly? Some of my games dont post or take really long time.

The Elo ladders on jpcommunity have mostly not been gathering games in the past weeks unfortunately. I believe this is due to the vanilla games API being down, which they fail to handle.
Our ESOC Elo Ladders do not have this issue and you should find your games there, provided they were uploaded to ESO, of course.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

edeholland wrote:If ESO is actually down at the end of the game, I think the game doesn't get submitted anywhere.

so just wondering if anyone has penetrated the weeds on this one; how is it that the game can go on if connection to servers is lost? I guess at that point computers are linked through the game client and IP dresses and the servers just organize the games and the games report results back to it mutually?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgals wrote:
edeholland wrote:If ESO is actually down at the end of the game, I think the game doesn't get submitted anywhere.

so just wondering if anyone has penetrated the weeds on this one; how is it that the game can go on if connection to servers is lost? I guess at that point computers are linked through the game client and IP dresses and the servers just organize the games and the games report results back to it mutually?

Peer to peer servers
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@jgals multiplayer in AoE works on a peer-to-peer basis, meaning that the players are connected directly to each other and not through a server. This means that essentially nothing changes when ESO goes down during a match and the match proceeds to play out as normal.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player