Who Plays the ESOC Patch?

No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Who Plays the ESOC Patch?

Post by abbadan »

I just have to say I'm disappointed. I've been trying for a couple of weeks to find a playing buddy ANYWHERE near my rank (I'm a lowly serg...) who plays the ESOC Patch versioj of AOE3. NO LUCK! There are over 1300 ppl playing online right now and only 2 of them are playing the patch: a Major & and 1st lieut.
Any ideas where I can find a game at my level.
One other thing: am I right in thinking that the Patch doesn't allow Single player Free-for-All? I tried it a few times, but the game doesn't allow for combat...
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Re: Who Plays the ESOC Patch?

Post by j_t_kirk »

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13183
EDIT: you can join the ESOC discord server to schedule games.
ImageImageImage
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

abbadan wrote:am I right in thinking that the Patch doesn't allow Single player Free-for-All? I tried it a few times, but the game doesn't allow for combat...

Due to the inclusion of diplomacy in FFA, you first need to set your diplomatic stance to Enemy. Click on the black box on the top right next to the menu button to open up diplomacy window.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

OK, but when I did that, they ALL were neutral/allied to each other, and i was the only one they attacked....
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

abbadan wrote:OK, but when I did that, they ALL were neutral/allied to each other, and i was the only one they attacked....

Hmm, yeah, I'm thinking we should probably have the default stance be Enemy for all players if possible. The current state isn't ideal.
You can still have a regular FFA without diplomacy of up to 4 players by setting the four teams up manually in a lobby.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I would recommend getting to around 1st lieutenant on RE before moving over to EP. A lot of people really like EP, and it's certainly a great patch; however, the player base is too low in quantity to be able to play casually in the way you would on RE. Unless there are aspects of EP that make it irresistible, you should stick with RE until you level up some more. Although you could always go on discord and forums to try and organize some EP games.
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

I tried joining a game, but was kicked instantly (I guess host was waiting for friend). Will try to host some sgt lvl games.