Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: SirMusket Cheats Again [Proof]

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ashvin wrote:
umeu wrote:of course it matters. You should have clear rules and apply them consistently. Otherwise you get silly dumb shit like this, where posting a monstertruck pic is not evidence, but an analysis, which albeit quite convincing, is still human interpretation of numbers which aren't that clear, is considered sufficient evidence. Not to mention #pr40 privilige.

So you mean there should be no room for improvement? I'm glad you're not on the team

Obviously there is room for improvement. Not sure how you got to that conclusion. But, he's basically saying this is an exception. They are looking to improve in the future, he mentioned that in his post. That's totally fine. Point is, Musket is getting a forum ban, while not so long ago, Roiarthurbis and Uhlan also got caught, and at least uhlan cheated for pretty much the same reasons as musket, also only apologized after caught, and both of them still remain a part of the forum (albeit uhlan showed his more honorable side, and has decided to leave on his own accord). I wonder what prompted them to suddenly change their mind, whereas before they were quite adamant that forum bans and tournament bans should be separated and tournament and forum misconduct should not be mixed up.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yemshi wrote:While I think that you are right for the most part, I simply think that Musket's ban is simply more important than some QS cheater with Monster Trucks. @deleted_user
What did I miss with the #PR40 privilige?

i agree he should be banned from tournaments, I personally have no problem with him getting banned from the forum either. Just wondering why it's so hard to come up with a consistent approach. And if this case is a turning point for them, then I would expect some arguments as to why they think they should change their approach and as to how they expect to handle similar cases in the future.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@deleted_user We have been monitoring his games as well as his behavior (on the forum, twitch, and discord) for some time now. There has been a lot of behind the scene discussions regarding whether he should be banned from just tournaments, or both tournaments and the forum. This thread simply made it even more clear that a decision needed to be made.

Are you upset because you feel that the thread should be redacted and locked? This has also been discussed. There are pros and cons to this. While the rules certainly disallow it, there are other factors in play here and it's important to look at all factors prior to making decisions. Rules can be bent sometimes due to other things. We have also been looking at revamping the rules as well as the moderation policy. This certainly has been noticed as we've been much more relaxed when moderating things.

Contrary to opinion, there isn't a high pr privilege in play here.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I'm not upset. I personally don't think it should be modded or redacted. Guidelines can be put in place that have to be met in order for a cheat thread to be opened, and guidelines have to be put in place for how people ought to behave in such a thread in order for it to remain open. To moderate you require authority, and authority rests on consistency and transparency. But at least for me it's quite hard to find the consistency in ESOC's approach to violations of tournament or forum rules. And perhaps there isn't an explicit pr40 bias, but it's quite clear that high profile players have received special treatment in the past. Of course, the forum is relatively new still, and precedents have to be set, and it's good that you are reflecting on past decisions in order to improve. It's merely intended as constructive criticism. Do with it what you will.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

he lets 陈川 to install some cheat software on his computer, and cried for help after that:
"how to uninstall this piece of s***t? it's virus! i can't read chinese..."

we don't need such a cheater to prove that aoe3/esoc is still alive. so why don't we ban him?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

fei123456 wrote:he lets 陈川 to install some cheat software on his computer, and cried for help after that:
"how to uninstall this piece of s***t? it's virus! i can't read chinese..."

we don't need such a cheater to prove that aoe3/esoc is still alive. so why don't we ban him?

Check the earlier comment by hleung; he's already been banned.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

The important thing is which 'forum' persona cheats, a cheater in qs can always cheat anonymously, it is a no end run. In this situatiom, sirmusket persona is dead now. Love the drama btw, sirmusket is like a written story to tell. Little baby of the esoc family.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

umeu wrote:I'm not upset. I personally don't think it should be modded or redacted. Guidelines can be put in place that have to be met in order for a cheat thread to be opened, and guidelines have to be put in place for how people ought to behave in such a thread in order for it to remain open. To moderate you require authority, and authority rests on consistency and transparency. But at least for me it's quite hard to find the consistency in ESOC's approach to violations of tournament or forum rules. And perhaps there isn't an explicit pr40 bias, but it's quite clear that high profile players have received special treatment in the past. Of course, the forum is relatively new still, and precedents have to be set, and it's good that you are reflecting on past decisions in order to improve. It's merely intended as constructive criticism. Do with it what you will.

I agree there have been 'good' players that got a different treatment, but I disagree it's because they were 'good'. Rather because they were constructive, helping or otherwise valuable in some way.

About making guidelines for cheat threads: we are working on it. It's a sensitive subject and reporting cheaters to ESOC staff has a lot of pro's and cons, so it takes some time to figure it all out.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

umeu wrote:I'm not upset. I personally don't think it should be modded or redacted. Guidelines can be put in place that have to be met in order for a cheat thread to be opened, and guidelines have to be put in place for how people ought to behave in such a thread in order for it to remain open. To moderate you require authority, and authority rests on consistency and transparency. But at least for me it's quite hard to find the consistency in ESOC's approach to violations of tournament or forum rules. And perhaps there isn't an explicit pr40 bias, but it's quite clear that high profile players have received special treatment in the past. Of course, the forum is relatively new still, and precedents have to be set, and it's good that you are reflecting on past decisions in order to improve. It's merely intended as constructive criticism. Do with it what you will.

I think that we try to pretend that we do the exact same thing every time but in reality I believe that every case is examined and discussed individually. So different people get different treatment. Whether that's good or bad is obviously debatable (personally I don't care about sirmusket as I don't play or talk to him) but I think that's the reason for things being the way they are.

Bias sucks, true
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Yes, we are influenced by what the community thinks about a case/person and we are influenced by what a member contributes, which may make us less consistent, but I think it makes us more of a community and less of a business.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

edeholland wrote:Yes, we are influenced by what the community thinks about a case/person and we are influenced by what a member contributes, which may make us less consistent, but I think it makes us more of a community and less of a business.

Thish is why staff banned Basement members but were forced to walk it back due to overwhelming community support for our poshtsh.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

Mind your spelling, sir!

Coming home after a long day at work to find out that aoe3 is in complete uproar...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Radix_Lecti wrote:Mind your spelling, sir!

Coming home after a long day at work to find out that aoe3 is in complete uproar...

Tbh it'd be weird if we weren't in uproar over something
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

sirmusket wrote:Everything is 100% true.
I never imagined to stoop so low and hack verses the one guy that somewhat cared for me, took up his time to make me better. It is quite clear that that AoE is something that should not be apart of my life anymore. I simply care way too much about what people think of me to that point that I need to "prove" my skill in other ways. Stanley is probably one of the nicest guys you will meet here, I only wish the best for him this day forward. I am going to leave AoE, hopefully this time I won't procrastinate for hours on end to get a spontaneous idea to reinstall this game. The truth is my skill is irrelevant, I've done/said/flamed too much to be credible in any way. Playing a 12 year old dead game vs 300 people I don't even know, to think I'm getting some attention is not a good way to spend your day. I've realised that now, and I'm leaving that here. You are all decent people, I am sorry to all of you as people, not as players, for having to put up with me for this long. Even If I did play fair, one time is enought to throw that all away. I still wan't this game to be alive, it deserves to be, not saying me leaving is going to change that at all but rather for all the people who do love this game still. I will answer any questions for the next 2 weeks and then I'm "out!". I deserve to be flamed actually, so go ahead. Kaiser is also 100% right on this case. I am too young, and I am far too caught up with my rank and internet points to see people for who they are and play fair.
Goodbye All , much love to the people that still call me friend, you know who you are.

it's late...
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kickass_OP wrote:
sirmusket wrote:Everything is 100% true.
I never imagined to stoop so low and hack verses the one guy that somewhat cared for me, took up his time to make me better. It is quite clear that that AoE is something that should not be apart of my life anymore. I simply care way too much about what people think of me to that point that I need to "prove" my skill in other ways. Stanley is probably one of the nicest guys you will meet here, I only wish the best for him this day forward. I am going to leave AoE, hopefully this time I won't procrastinate for hours on end to get a spontaneous idea to reinstall this game. The truth is my skill is irrelevant, I've done/said/flamed too much to be credible in any way. Playing a 12 year old dead game vs 300 people I don't even know, to think I'm getting some attention is not a good way to spend your day. I've realised that now, and I'm leaving that here. You are all decent people, I am sorry to all of you as people, not as players, for having to put up with me for this long. Even If I did play fair, one time is enought to throw that all away. I still wan't this game to be alive, it deserves to be, not saying me leaving is going to change that at all but rather for all the people who do love this game still. I will answer any questions for the next 2 weeks and then I'm "out!". I deserve to be flamed actually, so go ahead. Kaiser is also 100% right on this case. I am too young, and I am far too caught up with my rank and internet points to see people for who they are and play fair.
Goodbye All , much love to the people that still call me friend, you know who you are.

it's late...

when will we see "kickass apology for shipping 3 cavs" thread?
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

administrator just as I suggested that sir musket was hack, another person I suspect is the tabben_ playing from germany.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

he was pr 24 in one day in the other was playing like a pr 40 from germany.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Kickass_OP wrote:he was pr 24 in one day in the other was playing like a pr 40 from germany.

Just lamme civ
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

tedere12 wrote:
Kickass_OP wrote:he was pr 24 in one day in the other was playing like a pr 40 from germany.

Just lamme civ
monster civ
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

pecelot wrote:Image

rekt'd
American Samoa Suecra
Crossbow
ESO: TALLRED