Would you Still forgive Sir_Musket?

Would you still forgive Sir_Musket after all?

Yes. we need lovely serbians for eso-c
19%
No. he abused our second chance that we gave, so why wouldnt he do it again?
81%

Total votes: 81

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Would you Still forgive Sir_Musket?

Post by deleted_user »

Eventhough he made mistakes. If he comes back in the future and asks for latest chance. Would you give it?
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Re: Would you Still forgive Sir_Musket?

Post by HUMMAN »

Where is G option?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Holding a grudge against some guy I met on internet who I have no idea how he is in real life would be stupid, but yeah I would use a lot of caution, trust won't come easy.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

I wouldn't mind giving him another chance but keep him banned from ESOC tourneys. At the end of the day , we can't tell people not to play with him.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

HUMMAN wrote:Where is G option?

GTFO?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I don't see why you wouldn't give him another chance. If he apologizes he obviously regrets it and won't do it again.

Image Image Image
Pay more attention to detail.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'm just happy there is another breeze poll that's all I need
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

yes i would
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja is merciful. Garja is great. As is Goodspeed. Forgive – and forget.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

What if Garja was one of us
Just a scrub like one of us
Just a stranger on the monstertruck
Trying to make His way to Cagliari?

If Garja had a face, what would it look like?
And would you want to see?
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like ESO and in Jesus3 and the esoc mods and all the manclers?

Read more: Princeofkabul - What If Garja Was One Of Us Lyrics | PrinzLyrics
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag Black Panther
Crossbow

Post by Black Panther »

LOL prince
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

I am known for locking threads and handing out warnings and punishments, and I advocated for the six-month (subject to review) ban on SirMusket. but here I voted for mercy. Taking off the moderator hat and putting my personal hat on, I will speak for where I am standing regarding the matter.

Needless to say, SirMusket has not shown much improvement since he returned to ESOC, and in fact he appeared (to me at least) to be worse than the person we know of before his return. Mistakes, some of those being rather serious ones, have been made by him, and every time he apologised for what he did, regardless of the sincerity of his statements. But now the hammer has been unleashed upon him and justice has been served, for he is now banned for six months, with the length of ban subject to change upon regular review. Only if and when he is ready to come back will he (be able to) return to the community. He has already earned some punishment, and presumably learned a valuable lesson; but upon his return, he will be hoping for mercy from us, and how can we punish someone who has lost everything?

Surely he has made a considerable amount of serious mistakes and questionable choices, and his apologies have become rather meaningless to most of the community especially after yesterday's incident; but I would argue that no one is perfect for the following reason: We all make mistakes, and when we do so, we apologise and hope for forgiveness, and that we often try to avoid repeating the same mistakes again; while all of us will learn from those lessons as a part of growing up, sometimes it requires more than just a reminder during the journey. Some mistakes certainly require proper punishments to serve as a memorable lesson, but forgiveness brings hope to the person and motivates the individual to improve the inner self, for the person who is re-admitted to the family/community again should feel grateful about it. I am aware that SirMusket has been given multiple chances, but so were others. Although he has become of age, he still has plenty of time to improve himself; and if he truly improves himself, why should we not forgive him?

Depending on when and how busy I will be, I may or may not be able to see his return; but as a member of the community, I hope the community will forgive him upon his return, for he will be at your mercy. I know it might be too much to ask for, especially since some of you have been on the receiving end of his misbehaviour, but I would rather see someone becoming a better person than getting drowned for his earlier mistakes.

I have voiced my opinion on the matter. As a moderator, I will leave the thread open for civilised discussion, so please don't ruin the opportunity. Thanks.

hleung
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

princeofcarthage wrote:Holding a grudge against some guy I met on internet who I have no idea how he is in real life would be stupid, but yeah I would use a lot of caution, trust won't come easy.

Trusting some guy you met on internet who you habe no idea how he is in real life is just as stupid.
Retired Contributor

momuuu wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Holding a grudge against some guy I met on internet who I have no idea how he is in real life would be stupid, but yeah I would use a lot of caution, trust won't come easy.

Trusting some guy you met on internet who you habe no idea how he is in real life is just as stupid.

Trusting as in when playing games...don't you trust your mates not to cheat? Please learn understanding.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

anyone who trusts sirmusket not to cheat is dumb tbh, whether it be now or 5 years from now.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I would forgive him in a long time (like at least 6 month/1 year) if he plays 100% clean
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

People seem to forget how rude he was in Twitch chats.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

''always believe in the better of a human makes u walk happier through life'' - sir_musket, 2018
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

princeofcarthage wrote:
momuuu wrote:

Trusting as in when playing games...don't you trust your mates not to cheat? Please learn understanding.

A mate is defined as 'some guy you met on the internet' then?
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Ive forgiven Moesbar, no probs in forgiving SirMusket
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Retired Contributor

momuuu wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

An online mate* remind me to be specific and explain every little detail when I reply you next time.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

princeofcarthage wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

An online mate* remind me to be specific and explain every little detail when I reply you next time.

I'm not even nitpicking, but between meeting sirmusket and considering him an (online) mate are quite a few steps. I for one have never trusted the kid much, even if he considered me a nice guy. It's wiser to approach internet people with more caution, it's hard to really get to know them I think. There's only a select few that I'd truly trust.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The internet kind of sucks because it's a million times easier to be mean to someone. And if a person is mean to me I want to be mean to them, or vice versa, and then recursion.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's much easier to insult someone but indivual resilience to insults doesn't necessarily increase at the same rate, unless detachment is practiced, so one might say detachment should be practiced, but it's so uninteresting and less meaningful to treat all internet actions with detachment, because if you don't care about a thing, or an interaction, what's the point?

That's why this small community is a thing, why trolls troll, because people don't detach themselves from interactions because they don't want to. If everyone on the internet acted as they "should," not caring about insults, therefore devaluing interaction, devaluing opinion, devaluing others, it would become a very dry place.

I guess this is just a counter point to the idea I've seen, and especially in the Facebook thread, that there's some sort of inherent disconnect, division, between irl acquaintances and internet acquaintances that says we should devalue internet interaction on the whole on principle, and I'm not sure that's all true. This is also a personal lamentation on the reciprocal interactions between sirmusket and myself.

Maybe you think I'm arguing for the existence of trolls, that it's healthy, and that's not really true. Ignoring trolls is a good thing to do. And buy and large trolls are bad. But neither should we detach ourselves from all or certain arbitrary interactions we deem "fit" off this particular notion.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

momuuu wrote:

i lived in new zealand for a year to meet up with two people i met playing age of empires 3 lol