Would you Still forgive Sir_Musket?

Would you still forgive Sir_Musket after all?

Yes. we need lovely serbians for eso-c
19%
No. he abused our second chance that we gave, so why wouldnt he do it again?
81%

Total votes: 81

Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: Would you Still forgive Sir_Musket?

Post by Gichtenlord »

Cometk wrote:
momuuu wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Holding a grudge against some guy I met on internet who I have no idea how he is in real life would be stupid, but yeah I would use a lot of caution, trust won't come easy.

Trusting some guy you met on internet who you habe no idea how he is in real life is just as stupid.

i lived in new zealand for a year to meet up with two people i met playing age of empires 3 lol

and look what happened to you, Chubby Mustafa.
r]
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by VinyanyĂ©rĂ« »

Cometk wrote:
momuuu wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Holding a grudge against some guy I met on internet who I have no idea how he is in real life would be stupid, but yeah I would use a lot of caution, trust won't come easy.

Trusting some guy you met on internet who you habe no idea how he is in real life is just as stupid.

i lived in new zealand for a year to meet up with two people i met playing age of empires 3 lol

story time?
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Cometk wrote:
momuuu wrote:

I've chilled with brook and jesus too. What's the point? Because if you think my point was that you can't ever be friends with other people that you didn't meet irl then you probably didn't get the point. All I'm saying is that this is the internet, where people might not give a shit about you and troll/betray you because they think it's fun. Social barriers fade in this space, but that doesn't mean you might not become friends with people. To be fair, I think it is also generally easier to be friendly with people on the internet than in real life, where being overly friendly can feel weird or out of place if people feel like they don't know you yet. So there's that. It's just silly to trust a guy like sirmusket though.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

momuuu wrote:
Cometk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I've chilled with brook and jesus too. What's the point? Because if you think my point was that you can't ever be friends with other people that you didn't meet irl then you probably didn't get the point. All I'm saying is that this is the internet, where people might not give a shit about you and troll/betray you because they think it's fun. Social barriers fade in this space, but that doesn't mean you might not become friends with people. To be fair, I think it is also generally easier to be friendly with people on the internet than in real life, where being overly friendly can feel weird or out of place if people feel like they don't know you yet. So there's that. It's just silly to trust a guy like sirmusket though.

I never knew you met Jesus. Is this why you occasionally speak in tongues?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

momuuu wrote:

IK HABE EINE IDEE :wood: :wood: :wood:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Even if I am not an active engaging part of the community and thus have no real say, the whole thing still makes me lul.
This guy didn't cheat just once, but multiple times, and everytime he makes his fake apologies and people grudgingly accept it after a while. Just to be diddled again.
Cheating is not comparable to the saying "we all makes mistakes". Being a little inflammatory in an argument or neglecting someone dear to you is a bad analogy to this.
Cheating requires an actual effort and conscious mind to do, there is no such thing as "whoops?! I cheated!"

I would just opt for a permaban here, no excuses.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

@momuuu, I experienced the opposite, I’m less friendly and fun on internet than in real life and never created solid friendships online. If I spent the time I spent on aoe with real life friends I’d still be very close to them just like I currently am with the real life friends I had at the time, yet I just talk to these aoe guys once in a while, if that. Realistically I never had a microphone and a keyboard is probably not the best way to create friendships, but still I wouldn’t consider internet as more than a mean to start friendships. That’s pretty cool what @Cometk did though I’d be curious to read the story behind it

I also never tolerated that some people could get away online acting like sirmusket while it would have severe consequences irl; it's even more frustrating that most of these guys would never actually act that way in front of another person. Some type of cowardice I can’t put up with. ‹At the same time - while I know nothing about him - it’s pretty obvious that he seeks attention and appreciation he probably didn’t receive, I get that and here is a good place for that purpose. The fact that some people are even considering forgiving him (he would be in my pest list since a long time if I was active) and how he’s being treated by admins says a lot about how great this community is. However it’s not an excuse to lack integrity: cheating, lying to people etc., so I’m glad admins took the decision to ban him for 6 months and I hope it won't end up being less than that
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

The cheating is one thing, but he is also one of the most unpleasant people on the forums. Constantly flames, GENUINELY believes he is more intelligent / capable than everybody else (he once said he is smarter than 99% of Australians because he has european genes????), a very judgemental person and shows contempt for all.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

All jokes aside he genuinely believes that Serbians are a superior race and Albanians an inferior race... deserved a ban even if he didn't cheat imo...
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

what did he do??
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

samwise12 wrote:what did he do??

Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag Black Panther
Crossbow

Post by Black Panther »

samwise12 wrote:what did he do??

viewtopic.php?p=301636#p301636
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

P i k i l i c wrote:All jokes aside he genuinely believes that Serbians are a superior race and Albanians an inferior race... deserved a ban even if he didn't cheat imo...

I agree with you. I must say the thread about him came at a very convenient time.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

P i k i l i c wrote:All jokes aside he genuinely believes that Serbians are a superior race and Albanians an inferior race... deserved a ban even if he didn't cheat imo...

BWAHHAA, for some reason that reminds of Borat calling Uzbekistan inferior than Kazakistan. SirMapHack is so childish.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:The cheating is one thing, but he is also one of the most unpleasant people on the forums. Constantly flames, GENUINELY believes he is more intelligent / capable than everybody else (he once said he is smarter than 99% of Australians because he has european genes????), a very judgemental person and shows contempt for all.
ironically he believes he's "genetically superior" and yet no matter how hard he trys he can't legitimately get higher of pr26 and isn't even smart enough to figure out how to cheat without getting caught in unrecorded games. Also, don't many Australians have European genes lol?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

gibson wrote:
VooDoo_BoSs wrote:The cheating is one thing, but he is also one of the most unpleasant people on the forums. Constantly flames, GENUINELY believes he is more intelligent / capable than everybody else (he once said he is smarter than 99% of Australians because he has european genes????), a very judgemental person and shows contempt for all.
ironically he believes he's "genetically superior" and yet no matter how hard he trys he can't legitimately get higher of pr26 and isn't even smart enough to figure out how to cheat without getting caught in unrecorded games. Also, don't many Australians have European genes lol?

If we want to be accurate, it's treaty players that tend to be superior genetically
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

My previous analysis stands firmly still, let's leave him alone.
He must have gone through many a hardship at school to act this strangely. :cry:
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Gonna be empty without sirmusket, that's for sure. He's either debating everyone or being debated by everyone.. :grin:

6 months ban is waaay to long imo. In like 2-3 weeks this topic is going to be as dead as twitch chats without musket..

Best solution: Just avoid playing people who are known for having cheated and let the hackers play with each other :smile:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Might leave room for more meaningful discussions. Hopefully we get more topics.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

_H2O wrote:Might leave room for more meaningful discussions. Hopefully we get more topics.

Don't worry I can supply those!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

He's still trying, lol.

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

he just can't change his shitty attitude. It's very easy to recognise sirmusket from his behaviour
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I don't understand why he cheats, he could be a half-decent player if he put time into practicing proper BOs. But then again I guess that applies to a lot of people who use hacks. O well.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

forgrin wrote:I don't understand why he cheats, he could be a half-decent player if he put time into practicing proper BOs. But then again I guess that applies to a lot of people who use hacks. O well.

Haven't seen you in quite the time
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

InsectPoison wrote:
forgrin wrote:I don't understand why he cheats, he could be a half-decent player if he put time into practicing proper BOs. But then again I guess that applies to a lot of people who use hacks. O well.

Haven't seen you in quite the time

I relapsed, ok? Take my token away. (also hi Insect nice to see you again)
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP