The Return of Saturday Smackdown

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

The Return of Saturday Smackdown

Post by deleted_user »

At the end of today's finals Interjection and Ryan announced the return of the venerated series SMACKDOWN (the Saturday part will be subject to change), allegedly through a podcast they co-recorded. Where is this podcast? What are your thoughts? Do @Interjection and @_H2O have more to say?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: The Return of Saturday Smackdown

Post by musketeer925 »

Sunday Saturday Smackdown™
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Podcast is currently being edited, will be out soon!
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Post by mmTakezo »

Interjection wrote:Podcast is currently being edited, will be out soon!
this is wonderful .bring zutazuta too :smile:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

mmTakezo wrote:

He said on stream it would be without Zuta :sad:

deleted_user wrote:What are your thoughts?

While I really like weekly casted matchups (it's also good for Twitch and YouTube) and I am actually excited, I am not sure if it should be combined with the tour that is going on. We don't wanna burn out our players and casters, so I think we should keep SS for off-season.
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow

Post by mmTakezo »

edeholland wrote:
mmTakezo wrote:

He said on stream it would be without Zuta :sad: this is sad they make great team :chinese:

deleted_user wrote:What are your thoughts?

While I really like weekly casted matchups (it's also good for Twitch and YouTube) and I am actually excited, I am not sure if it should be combined with the tour that is going on. We don't wanna burn out our players and casters, so I think we should keep SS for off-season.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

The lack of Zuta is kind of sad, but I'm still excited! We've had stuff like Dror's replay analysis, and Fantastic Friday Showdown, which were fun, but people stopped making them. Consistent content is always nice to have, especially with Interjection! Now I won't have to exclusively listen to thick German accents over a bad microphone when I'm getting my aoe3 fix.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

The hardest part about something like Saturday Smackdown is the ability to produce something consistently. Being consistent is the most difficult as aspect of it, by far.

However consistency is also something that really brings something to the table for the community. So I'm excited. I hope this won't be a 3 week run but something that's counted in months.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Amsel_ wrote:The lack of Zuta is kind of sad, but I'm still excited! We've had stuff like Dror's replay analysis, and Fantastic Friday Showdown, which were fun, but people stopped making them. Consistent content is always nice to have, especially with Interjection! Now I won't have to exclusively listen to thick German accents over a bad microphone when I'm getting my aoe3 fix.

Which caster has a german accent? Queen has a french one, Chrisie has a dutch accent...
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Happy to hear it will be released soon! Looking forward to it. I always loved the Smackdows. In the past, it was something it could stay me home :p
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Ryan and I think it's best to bring Smackdown back after The ESOC Grand Tour finishes. However, we would be quite happy to cast the finals/later rounds of those events if the organizers would have us :)
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Interjection wrote:Ryan and I think it's best to bring Smackdown back after The ESOC Grand Tour finishes. However, we would be quite happy to cast the finals/later rounds of those events if the organizers would have us :)

Like I said on this forum a few times those old smackdown videos brought me back to the game after a decade off, so you never know who you will reach. Very happy you will be coming back. Looking forward to the new videos!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

if you know you can't make it that regularly, rather than doing this 5 weekends in a row and then disappearing for 5 months, do it every 2 weeks :smile:
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow

Post by mmTakezo »

Warno wrote:
Interjection wrote:Ryan and I think it's best to bring Smackdown back after The ESOC Grand Tour finishes. However, we would be quite happy to cast the finals/later rounds of those events if the organizers would have us :)

Like I said on this forum a few times those old smackdown videos brought me back to the game after a decade off, so you never know who you will reach. Very happy you will be coming back. Looking forward to the new videos!
I totally agree with you and to add more to what you say ,I've learned a lot how to play from interjection and zuta videos ,maybe they are not the best players but they are excelent teacher and we need that kind of people too :smile:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

We will cast the finals of the weekend tours. They are best of 5s so it will be quite similar to our plans for smackdown. After that we will launch our own smackdown games.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

japanesegeneral wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:The lack of Zuta is kind of sad, but I'm still excited! We've had stuff like Dror's replay analysis, and Fantastic Friday Showdown, which were fun, but people stopped making them. Consistent content is always nice to have, especially with Interjection! Now I won't have to exclusively listen to thick German accents over a bad microphone when I'm getting my aoe3 fix.

Which caster has a german accent? Queen has a french one, Chrisie has a dutch accent...

Queen doesn't have a french accent lol, she's german. Anyway I don't think he means her since she has a really good mic.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

japanesegeneral wrote:

snowww aka Schnovvv
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

thats not german thats horrible
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

pecelot wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:

snowww aka Schnovvv

He did not cast that many games. In addition to that his accent got way better over the years. In the sense of being less present.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

weekends are now officially filled with aoe, nice.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

japanesegeneral wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

snowww aka Schnovvv

He did not cast that many games. In addition to that his accent got way better over the years. In the sense of being less present.

oh boi he did
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'm feri sorry for my stronk Tschörman Acctzent! Can youh forgiff me?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Noh.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »