an all out $100-200 gaming mouse with laser and tons of programable features
8%

Total votes: 66

Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: what kind of mouse do you use?

Post by InsectPoison »

Sargsyan wrote:Logitech m215.using it for 4 years already, works fine

how does it feel when no one in your country likes you?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jgals wrote:
edeholland wrote:I have the Steelseries Rival 110 for 40 bucks (with free mouse pad lol) and I absolutely love it. It's super smooth, had adjustable dpi and buttons (and RGB led) and had done the job for a few years now.

Do you really need to use the adjustable dpi setting? Can’t you just do that from the control panel? By the way I asked that host to unpest you yesterday not sure if he did lol
You do especially if you play different types of games, for example age of empires 3 and csgo. Most people play rts and fps games at completely different dpis and you need something more accurate thn control panel gives you
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

coolmaster storm spawn, had it for years. best mouse I've ever had, got in second hand from some guy on tlnet

set it to 1000dpi and never looked back. my muscle memory is on point. I do well at aimbooster drunk.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

InsectPoison wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:Logitech m215.using it for 4 years already, works fine

how does it feel when no one in your country likes you?

Lol ask That motherfucker Serzh Sargsyan
We did a revolution without any victim nor a shot
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jgals wrote:
edeholland wrote:I have the Steelseries Rival 110 for 40 bucks (with free mouse pad lol) and I absolutely love it. It's super smooth, had adjustable dpi and buttons (and RGB led) and had done the job for a few years now.

Do you really need to use the adjustable dpi setting? Can’t you just do that from the control panel? By the way I asked that host to unpest you yesterday not sure if he did lol

Well you could do it from control panel, but having a physical button can be nice sometimes. For stuff like shooters or editing something on pixel level, you want to switch DPI's quickly.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I got Razer Abyssus and Logitech G402, currently using logitech because of extra macro buttons abyssus didn't have.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I have the razer abyssus 1800, quite content with it. It came in a package with the goliath mousepad for only 35 euros for both which seemed quite a good deal.

In my experience this gaming mouse, which solely represents precision, greatly improved my mouse accuracy and speed within days of getting used to it. It might have been because I had formerly been using a wireless mouse, which might have had slight distortians of the signal causing the accuracy to be much less. It might also have been that I switched to a proper mousepad though, as I was using a broken ikea one. Overall though, the combination of a good mousepad and a decent mouse can do wonders to your accuracy.

I also want to contest using extra buttons on your mouse in RTS games. You can type at extremely fast speeds, I think most of us have been trained to know the layout of the keyboard extremely accurately and the keyboard itself has been designed to be a fast way to press buttons accurately. An decent typer easily reaches ~500 keystrokes per minute, even if you half that for one hand you're looking at a 250 apm of complex typing. The keyboard hand is simply extremely fast, and limitations for people in terms of speed are either mouse precision (I definitely can imagine people that can't dragbox well or select units accurately) or just mental limitations where one has to think too much between steps. That being said, I read somewhere that someone unmapped all of his mousebound hotkeys in an RTS and relearned playing without them. He ended up being much faster and more accurate, partially because according to him pressing the mouse buttons was hurting his overall mouse accuracy. Then someone else even commented that many good fps players remap the zoom/look down sights button (which is normally the right mouse button) to a keyboard key because holding the key while moving the mouse (trying to aim) would negatively affect their accuracy.

All in all I think mouses with additional buttons only serve a purpose for casual gaming where you want to neglect the keyboard, or maybe for RPGs where accuracy isn't as important as having all your shit mapped somewhat accessibly. As for a dpi switch, I don't have one. I've always thought that increasing dpi for shooters would badly fuck with one's brain, but maybe this is a reasonable thing to do. I wouldn't know.

Apperantly there are multiple different grips for mice that one can prefer. I personally only hold the mouse with the fingers with the fingertips on the edge (this is the result of having reasonably long fingers mostly) for which a nice symmetrical mouse with little grip features is most comfortable. This video gives some more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVb1pEkaOI
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

steering wheel
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Also, serious recommendation here: Razer mouse bungee or anything similair to that. It's basically a thing that holds your mouse wire. This ensures that the rest of your mouse wire wont get stuck behind your keyboard or that you'll have to few mouse wire to move with or anything. I used to always get my mouse wire stuck behind the keyboard or somewhere else, buying this has been so fucking nice. Do recommend.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

couldn't decide on one I wanted to commit serious cash to so I just bought this cheapo. I know i'll never be a serious gamer with wireless but I play on a laptop and I'm too on the go for wired. It's actually really good. Solid, nice feel and good adjustable DPI. Only downside is that some people said the back forward side buttons are programmable for macros somehow, if they are I haven't figured it out. I would really like one to be ctrl shft a and another just control shft. anyway....

https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Wireles ... sing+mouse
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I use the steelseries rival 100 which has a very good sensor because I have hit flicks that werent lucky. (can show proof if needed, but i dont want to brag or be arrogant i guess)
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

A black one with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.
[Sith] - Baphomet
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Snuden wrote:A black one with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.

mine gots a snek on it
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Logitech G403 wireless. Not even using any side buttons, maybe should start using them :hmm:

I got one of this as well, use side button to ungroup units to group 5, and middle button to find last notification (basically finding sheep I just converted)
Really good mouse, recommend 10/10.

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

You can still buy the mix 518. I just bought 10 of them about 6 months ago.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

_H2O wrote:You can still buy the mix 518. I just bought 10 of them about 6 months ago.
Are they factory new or battle-scarred? AFAIK logitech doesn't produce these anymore.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Factory new not from Logitech. Probably a knockoff from China but it works exactly like my mx518 should.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Logitech g100s, previously g100. Both out of production.
Image Image Image
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

atm i play with cheap equipment (wireless mouse, but changing the battery is rly annoying), i'd suggest you to buy at least a corded version or a better one with adjustable dpi.
I usually only care about the thumb position (design) when i buy a mouse. (you get a dent with a bad one, when you play a few hours ;)). You also never know how long the buttons work and when you have to replace it. If you can afford it and you like the design buy a good one, otherwise a standard wired mouse/basic gaming mouse is just enough for aoe.
Argentina coole01
Crossbow
ESO: coole01

Post by coole01 »

Bloody t70
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »