Will servers ever come up?

No Flag Bodden
Crossbow
ESO: bodden

Will servers ever come up?

Post by Bodden »

I know that there is a fix so that you can log on, but most players will not do this, and there is currently 300 players online, and most lobbies are something called CRM mismatch (what is that?). Basically, the game has died.

Who do we contact about this? I realize it's the weekend but someone at Microsoft or whatever should know about the servers being down.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Will servers ever come up?

Post by zoom »

The servers are up.
No Flag jaasa
Crossbow
ESO: jaasa

Post by jaasa »

zoom wrote:The servers are up.

not up for me.... still saying servers are down
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Bodden most games are hosted on the ESOC Patch, so you will get CRC mismatch if you are on a different game patch. You can download it here: http://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php

@jaasa see here for more information about the current state and how to fix: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?t=14399
No Flag Bodden
Crossbow
ESO: bodden

Post by Bodden »

Only if you do the fix presented on this website, as long as that is the case the game will essentially be "dead".

I will think about getting the community patch, but I like to play treaty and don't like the idea of 1500hp walls.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Bodden if you play for example 40min treaty, that change makes really no difference, because Bastion-upgraded walls have the same hitpoints as on regular patch. The change only affects unupgraded wooden walls.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

i think what he is trying to say is --> with 300 players online on a weekend you can't rly play the other gamemodes any more. eg i like to play settler or scenarios but even with 1000 players online you can hardly find a game. the esoc patch is nice for supremacy games but the main playerbase will decrease even more if microsoft doesn't fix this.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, that's probably true, hopefully they can get it back soon.
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

don't bother getting the patch they ruined the game and nerfed a bunch of civs, most people will never see the patch and quit, the rest will see what this dumb patch did and quit. aoe3 is dead until Microsoft fixes it.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jsi711 wrote:don't bother getting the patch they ruined the game and nerfed a bunch of civs, most people will never see the patch and quit, the rest will see what this dumb patch did and quit. aoe3 is dead until Microsoft fixes it.

Please stop trolling.
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

not trolling, truth hurts. patch messes with the game. reason why 90% of the community doesn't use it? they want to play the game the way its always been.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jsi711 wrote:not trolling, truth hurts. patch messes with the game. reason why 90% of the community doesn't use it? they want to play the game the way its always been.

Both of those statements are not correct. Anyway, if you have problems with the EP, please go to the correct board and make a thread, don't complain about it here :flowers:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

jsi711 wrote:not trolling, truth hurts. patch messes with the game. reason why 90% of the community doesn't use it? they want to play the game the way its always been.

Then play the game the way it has always been. Keep playing on shitty maps where you get no hunt while your opponent has 3. Keep meeting cheaters in quicksearch who nuke your tc at 0:01 with monster trucks. Keep facing otto 25% of the time because the civ is overpowered and requires zero skill. Keep playing a game without any tournament hosted and without any real good player. You're free after all
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Bodden wrote:

Only if you do the fix presented on this website, as long as that is the case the game will essentially be "dead".

I will think about getting the community patch, but I like to play treaty and don't like the idea of 1500hp walls.
Not at all. The servers are up regardless of that. They are simply facing an accessibility issue.

For playing Treaty, I... "recommend" playing on the Treaty Patch, also available in the EP launcher.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Actually, my friend, the main reason by far – as far as that is concerned – is that the patch isn't the default. The patch does indeed mess with the game. Patches tend to. If you prefer playing with poor balance and maps, simply because you aren't a very progressive person, please enjoy. No one is calling you an idiot or preventing you from doing so.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

zoom wrote:
.... No one is calling you an idiot or preventing you from doing so.

So funnu, you just did
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow
ESO: artisticcheese

Post by artisticcheese »

I agree all patch is doing is separating already dwindling population of AOE3 into 2 groups which can not play with each other. For me personally biggest gripe about AOE3 is lack of players, it's pretty common to sit in lobby and wait 20 mins for 1v1 game. What patch do to address it? Nothing, all it does make it wait 20 mins instead of 10 mins because now we have 1/3d of the games being played in completely different game essentially.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

artisticcheese wrote:I agree all patch is doing is separating already dwindling population of AOE3 into 2 groups which can not play with each other. For me personally biggest gripe about AOE3 is lack of players, it's pretty common to sit in lobby and wait 20 mins for 1v1 game. What patch do to address it? Nothing, all it does make it wait 20 mins instead of 10 mins because now we have 1/3d of the games being played in completely different game essentially.

If we didn't release the login fixes at all, there would possibly be exactly zero players online right now, unless someone else would figure out where the problem is and how to fix it. As for separation, the remaining community is now united more than ever on a single patch since before the game's first expansion was released. Around 80% of all matches are played on ESOC patch, while nilla is basically dead and RE is struggling.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

How exactly community is united? We are still having people playing games in both places and as far as I can see by number of hosted games RE patch wins by big number, that is majority of players are still on official release.Higher level players obviously on ESOC patch since those changes makes game fair for them. But for majority of players (PR 25 and below like me) are still on official release. I'm ok with playing on ESOC patch but I know if I switch to ESOC patch then I will never be able to find a game to play due to low number of players. So unless you see a community as being united where ESOC patch is only being played by high ranks and offical game by lower ranks I don't see how this patch unites anybody.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

artisticcheese wrote:How exactly community is united? We are still having people playing games in both places and as far as I can see by number of hosted games RE patch wins by big number, that is majority of players are still on official release.
As I just mentioned, this is not the case. I repeat; over 80% of all matches are currently being played on the ESOC Patch, by players of all ranks.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

artisticcheese wrote:How exactly community is united? We are still having people playing games in both places and as far as I can see by number of hosted games RE patch wins by big number, that is majority of players are still on official release.Higher level players obviously on ESOC patch since those changes makes game fair for them. But for majority of players (PR 25 and below like me) are still on official release. I'm ok with playing on ESOC patch but I know if I switch to ESOC patch then I will never be able to find a game to play due to low number of players. So unless you see a community as being united where ESOC patch is only being played by high ranks and offical game by lower ranks I don't see how this patch unites anybody.

Can you be clear as to what you want? The purpose of the ESOC patch is already explained in multiple threads by multiple people.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

Where this number of 80% comes from? If I go to lobby in ESO and I check what games are people waiting to be played in I can see that out of roughly 20 games about 2 or 3 may be on ESOC patch. What am I missing?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

As I write this post, I am seeing 11 lobbies, two of which are not on ESOC Patch. The percentage number comes from counting games as recorded by game ladders. Here you can see my list of games I've recently played on various patches for example: http://eso-community.net/ladder.php?patch=esoc&mode=1v1&player=EAGLEMUT.

Total match count for yesterday was:
1010 ESOC Patch
214 RE/other patch

Today we so far got:
431 ESOC Patch
57 RE/other patch
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

Right now there is no games on RE because of outage, under normal conditions my lobby looks completely different compared to yours. I see 80% RE patch and rest ESOC.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

This has been pretty effective so far. I would bet majority of players have no idea about ESOC patch though based on Twitter and other ramblings around Internet.