Will servers ever come up?

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Will servers ever come up?

Post by EAGLEMUT »

artisticcheese wrote:Right now there is no games on RE because of outage, under normal conditions my lobby looks completely different compared to yours. I see 80% RE patch and rest ESOC.

Well yes, I am talking about now, after the outage.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
jsi711 wrote:not trolling, truth hurts. patch messes with the game. reason why 90% of the community doesn't use it? they want to play the game the way its always been.

Then play the game the way it has always been. Keep playing on shitty maps where you get no hunt while your opponent has 3. Keep meeting cheaters in quicksearch who nuke your tc at 0:01 with monster trucks. Keep facing otto 25% of the time because the civ is overpowered and requires zero skill. Keep playing a game without any tournament hosted and without any real good player. You're free after all
while this is tha case for most of the people who were here already, most of the people who are discovering this website probably are in the skill range where non of what you said is relevant for them. For a pr10 map balance and civ balance is irrelevant and they are very unlikely to meet cheaters. The vast majority of people who play aoe3 online are much lower ranked then what’s represented on this website, and for them there’s literally nothing better about ep.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow
ESO: artisticcheese

Post by artisticcheese »

DNS propogation takes time, I think once majority of RE patch will get update DNS info this will change. I agree right now it seems to be very favorable to ESOC patch and I never saw lobby like that (where there were more ESOC patch games then RE ones). Will wait till the end of business day to see if it holds.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

Are you sure outage is over in a first place? WHOIS and DNS still tells me somebody else registered name looks like

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\gsuvalia> resolve-dnsname -Type A eso.com

Name                        Type TTL   Section    PrimaryServer               NameAdministrator           SerialNumber
----                        ---- ---   -------    -------------               -----------------           ------------
eso.com                     SOA  1799  Authority  april.ns.cloudflare.com     dns.cloudflare.com          2027651812

Here is original WHOIS http://www.whoismind.com/whois/eso.com.html

Looks like somebody stole domain from Microsoft becaused they forgot to renew it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
jsi711 wrote:not trolling, truth hurts. patch messes with the game. reason why 90% of the community doesn't use it? they want to play the game the way its always been.

Then play the game the way it has always been. Keep playing on shitty maps where you get no hunt while your opponent has 3. Keep meeting cheaters in quicksearch who nuke your tc at 0:01 with monster trucks. Keep facing otto 25% of the time because the civ is overpowered and requires zero skill. Keep playing a game without any tournament hosted and without any real good player. You're free after all
while this is tha case for most of the people who were here already, most of the people who are discovering this website probably are in the skill range where non of what you said is relevant for them. For a pr10 map balance and civ balance is irrelevant and they are very unlikely to meet cheaters. The vast majority of people who play aoe3 online are much lower ranked then what’s represented on this website, and for them there’s literally nothing better about ep.

Well maybe there's nothing better, but there's nothing worse, so I don't understand why noobs hate it frankly.
It's probably because once someone told them that the EP was bad and they believed it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well maybe there's nothing better, but there's nothing worse, so I don't understand why noobs hate it frankly.
It's probably because once someone told them that the EP was bad and they believed it.

No its because first off they have to learn all these new changes that make no sense to them and 2nd because there are far fewer people on ep and its much harder for them to find games.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

It's time for G(ibson) to finally get the whole thing fixed again
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

artisticcheese wrote:Are you sure outage is over in a first place? WHOIS and DNS still tells me somebody else registered name looks like

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\gsuvalia> resolve-dnsname -Type A eso.com

Name                        Type TTL   Section    PrimaryServer               NameAdministrator           SerialNumber
----                        ---- ---   -------    -------------               -----------------           ------------
eso.com                     SOA  1799  Authority  april.ns.cloudflare.com     dns.cloudflare.com          2027651812

Here is original WHOIS http://www.whoismind.com/whois/eso.com.html

Looks like somebody stole domain from Microsoft becaused they forgot to renew it.

The outage is not over, guess I was unclear again, I meant "during" outage now when people need workarounds.
So, does this actually mean MS cannot even fix the problem anymore without releasing a new patch themselves? Since they no longer own the domain? That would be.. a whole new level of incompetence, wow.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow

Post by artisticcheese »

Yes, they fucked up big time. They can not fix this anymore, whoever registered domain has complete control. Depending on which stage Microsoft checks for patch, they might be able to push patch to fix this. If it happens before login to ESO I meant. On the other hand since it does not matter which ESO.com resolves to it will still work so even if new owner just creates this record will be enough to make it work. Host file entry to 127.0.0.1 is enough to fix login issues so actual resolution of domain is not important, what is important to have any sort of resolution at all.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Post by glorious_ »

frankly this is the best thing ever to be happend for the patch. Everyone plays it and you actually can start to play considered lame civs in RE more often (sioux in my case).
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

gibson wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No its because first off they have to learn all these new changes that make no sense to them and 2nd because there are far fewer people on ep and its much harder for them to find games.

FRANKLY there is another issue too. The balance issues patched in Patch are more issues for advanced players than anyone below MS. with the exception of jans rush, or british musket booms that anyone can do I feel like its possible that a lot of the nerf/buff would not benefit the low level player and might actually hurt him.

Take Iro for example which I am sure is one of the most nerfed civ.
If you look in any noob game, take a look at the Iro players. They always suck hard. They are usually the worst player in the game with the lowest score, no idea how to boom or mass, with all their vils on the fire pit doing god knows what from age 1 onward. They need all the help they can get. Why? Because Iro is actually hard to play. Maybe not if you are really good already and can just take advantage of the Opness, but if you dont already have mechanics, micro, timings, etc. mastered then iroquois is probably the hardest civ to play IMHO. Not to mention that a lot of civ who are underpowered in the rush are super OP late game like ports and a lot of rush civ on RE had no chance of beating them late. Frankly I think iro is a lot less scary than a lot of people believe and they only believe it because they either dont know how, or dont want to know how to deal with them. I've said that before. Also becuase they dont play iro themselves and like all war chief civ they are all misunderstood. If you don't ever play aztec you are going to have a hard time dealing with their composition for example in the early game. I see a lot of people spamming musks at my FU jags even at 1st lt.

Honestly i can't see how a fully balanced game would even be fun. Most of the coolest part of this game, the strategy, involves taking advantage of different civ/ map weaknesses and advantages. If it was all balance there would be none of this. This is why I do not play on Epatch and probably will not. I enjoy super imbalanced water maps where I can boom hard to imperial in 15 min or less while my opponent is massing vet musks in fortress because they took an inferior deck. Does no one at high rank see any of this?

The thing is ESO was already complete shit , and now it will be completely dead if this issue isn't fixed. No one will play esoc patch. Maybe 200 people will be online at any given time. No one will take the time to do the workaround, no one will take the time to learn all the new changes that probably require a completely new strategy base, and most importantly aoe4 is coming out now and so no one will play aoe3 period patch or RE. Best thing for this game is daily active users, and if making it easier for new players to log in gets that, thats what we need. Not fancy BS for pros. I love the new maps, and the balance ideas for competitive purposes. But this isn't really that competitive a game TBH it is a GAME not an E sport, and while I respect the pro community for their skill and dedication to it, for most people it's not that. Most people have no idea about this website and will never find the workaround or the patch at alll in the first place.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

«iro probably one of the hardest civ to play»
Come on dude, they're not as easy as people think, but a lot easier than the hardest civs.
I'd say they're mid tier in term of difficulty.
However, if you think they aren't the most broken civ on the RE, you have no clue boy.
You simply play the wrong way, and it makes the civ look average. Honestly, if you want to claim/prove something about RE iro, you have to base it on something. Every good player will tell you that they're the best RE civ, and if you're not part of that group, that's for a good reason.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea iro isn’t hard. You can learn a single bo that isn’t hard and get 1st lt
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

jgals wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

FRANKLY there is another issue too. The balance issues patched in Patch are more issues for advanced players than anyone below MS. with the exception of jans rush, or british musket booms that anyone can do I feel like its possible that a lot of the nerf/buff would not benefit the low level player and might actually hurt him.

Take Iro for example which I am sure is one of the most nerfed civ.
If you look in any noob game, take a look at the Iro players. They always suck hard. They are usually the worst player in the game with the lowest score, no idea how to boom or mass, with all their vils on the fire pit doing god knows what from age 1 onward. They need all the help they can get. Why? Because Iro is actually hard to play. Maybe not if you are really good already and can just take advantage of the Opness, but if you dont already have mechanics, micro, timings, etc. mastered then iroquois is probably the hardest civ to play IMHO. Not to mention that a lot of civ who are underpowered in the rush are super OP late game like ports and a lot of rush civ on RE had no chance of beating them late. Frankly I think iro is a lot less scary than a lot of people believe and they only believe it because they either dont know how, or dont want to know how to deal with them. I've said that before. Also becuase they dont play iro themselves and like all war chief civ they are all misunderstood. If you don't ever play aztec you are going to have a hard time dealing with their composition for example in the early game. I see a lot of people spamming musks at my FU jags even at 1st lt.

Honestly i can't see how a fully balanced game would even be fun. Most of the coolest part of this game, the strategy, involves taking advantage of different civ/ map weaknesses and advantages. If it was all balance there would be none of this. This is why I do not play on Epatch and probably will not. I enjoy super imbalanced water maps where I can boom hard to imperial in 15 min or less while my opponent is massing vet musks in fortress because they took an inferior deck. Does no one at high rank see any of this?

The thing is ESO was already complete shit , and now it will be completely dead if this issue isn't fixed. No one will play esoc patch. Maybe 200 people will be online at any given time. No one will take the time to do the workaround, no one will take the time to learn all the new changes that probably require a completely new strategy base, and most importantly aoe4 is coming out now and so no one will play aoe3 period patch or RE. Best thing for this game is daily active users, and if making it easier for new players to log in gets that, thats what we need. Not fancy BS for pros. I love the new maps, and the balance ideas for competitive purposes. But this isn't really that competitive a game TBH it is a GAME not an E sport, and while I respect the pro community for their skill and dedication to it, for most people it's not that. Most people have no idea about this website and will never find the workaround or the patch at alll in the first place.

Stop it. Get some help.
give that guy a manual
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:while this is tha case for most of the people who were here already, most of the people who are discovering this website probably are in the skill range where non of what you said is relevant for them. For a pr10 map balance and civ balance is irrelevant and they are very unlikely to meet cheaters. The vast majority of people who play aoe3 online are much lower ranked then what’s represented on this website, and for them there’s literally nothing better about ep.

I'm aware of that. But there's also nothing really bad about ep either. Idk why the guy would be so mad about balance changes and etc if he's pr10 and doesn't care about the balance. The only negative thing I see is that you need to get used to some of the ep changes.
Plus there's imo still some good stuff in ep, that can be interesting even at lower level. For example there's new maps (regardless of balance it can still be interesting to discover new maps), the anti cheat is still nice because believe it or not but some < pr15 guys cheat sometimes lol, and then you have the xpmod and probably a couple other tools like that. Ah and the 2v2v2 thing, it's probably the kind of stuff that lower ranks would enjoy more.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Post by mmTakezo »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:while this is tha case for most of the people who were here already, most of the people who are discovering this website probably are in the skill range where non of what you said is relevant for them. For a pr10 map balance and civ balance is irrelevant and they are very unlikely to meet cheaters. The vast majority of people who play aoe3 online are much lower ranked then what’s represented on this website, and for them there’s literally nothing better about ep.

I'm aware of that. But there's also nothing really bad about ep either. Idk why the guy would be so mad about balance changes and etc if he's pr10 and doesn't care about the balance. The only negative thing I see is that you need to get used to some of the ep changes.
Plus there's imo still some good stuff in ep, that can be interesting even at lower level. For example there's new maps (regardless of balance it can still be interesting to discover new maps), the anti cheat is still nice because believe it or not but some < pr15 guys cheat sometimes lol, and then you have the xpmod and probably a couple other tools like that. Ah and the 2v2v2 thing, it's probably the kind of stuff that lower ranks would enjoy more.

everyone has their part of reason ,which I think is important for the future is that you who are pro do you somehow that when it comes out the aoe 3 definitive edition ,the developers by Microsoft let them know about your discoveries about the game and so improve it.sorry for my english.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you mean that we should try and get some of the EP changes to be part of the definitive edition, yeah I think that's what ESOC tries to do
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Japan mmTakezo
Crossbow
ESO: mmTakezo

Post by mmTakezo »

Kaiserklein wrote:If you mean that we should try and get some of the EP changes to be part of the definitive edition, yeah I think that's what ESOC tries to do
I hope you're going to get it
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

There is probably limited pertinence to discussing the merits of balance and proper maps.
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I have proofs that GoodSpeed secretly asked the ESOC dev team to shut down the RE, in order to get people on the EP.

That can not be tolerated, and I think we should FireDivine and blame garja for this.

Love how this was never replied to lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jsi711 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I have proofs that GoodSpeed secretly asked the ESOC dev team to shut down the RE, in order to get people on the EP.

That can not be tolerated, and I think we should FireDivine and blame garja for this.

Love how this was never replied to lol

Me too it wasn't very funny
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

phpBB [video]
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Part of the reason EP hasn't caught on with lower-ranked players is because it hasn't been marketed towards them. Did anyone ever go to those people and ask them what changes they'd like to see? I doubt it. That's not to say the EP Team did anything wrong - EP was and is for higher ranked players who can appreciate/understand the changes that were made. But you shouldn't be surprised, in light of that fact, that lower-ranked players aren't flocking to EP.

I'm not completely on board with the idea of pushing to get EP changes included in the definitive edition right now, because I think the patch needs to be stabilized first. As it is, the civ balance is completely upended every time an update comes out and there still doesn't seem to be consensus on the changes that have been made/need to be made.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Papist wrote:Part of the reason EP hasn't caught on with lower-ranked players is because it hasn't been marketed towards them. Did anyone ever go to those people and ask them what changes they'd like to see? I doubt it. That's not to say the EP Team did anything wrong - EP was and is for higher ranked players who can appreciate/understand the changes that were made. But you shouldn't be surprised, in light of that fact, that lower-ranked players aren't flocking to EP.

I'm not completely on board with the idea of pushing to get EP changes included in the definitive edition right now, because I think the patch needs to be stabilized first. As it is, the civ balance is completely upended every time an update comes out and there still doesn't seem to be consensus on the changes that have been made/need to be made.

That's true. However 90% of the good players, if not all, would agree that eventhough it isn't perfectly balanced, it is better than the RE, at least for the maps.