Will servers ever come up?

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Will servers ever come up?

Post by princeofcarthage »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Papist wrote:Part of the reason EP hasn't caught on with lower-ranked players is because it hasn't been marketed towards them. Did anyone ever go to those people and ask them what changes they'd like to see? I doubt it. That's not to say the EP Team did anything wrong - EP was and is for higher ranked players who can appreciate/understand the changes that were made. But you shouldn't be surprised, in light of that fact, that lower-ranked players aren't flocking to EP.

I'm not completely on board with the idea of pushing to get EP changes included in the definitive edition right now, because I think the patch needs to be stabilized first. As it is, the civ balance is completely upended every time an update comes out and there still doesn't seem to be consensus on the changes that have been made/need to be made.

That's true. However 90% of the good players, if not all, would agree that eventhough it isn't perfectly balanced, it is better than the RE, at least for the maps.

Also part of the reason is EP is mostly targeted towards 1v1 changes while lower ranked players often prefer team.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I have proofs that GoodSpeed secretly asked the ESOC dev team to shut down the RE, in order to get people on the EP.

That can not be tolerated, and I think we should FireDivine and blame garja for this.

Damn, the shapeshifting Illuminati are everywhere.
Eso is working for e atm, so... yeey :?:
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Is it really? Goddamnit
No Flag kapor
Crossbow

Post by kapor »

You can find here the contact member, who could fix the problem: http://whois.domaintools.com/eso.com

DNS servers unable to resolve eso.com. The original game don't ignore this fail and terminate the eso log in process (despite the eso servers are running).
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Yeah it's up again

Almost all lobbies are RE also :sad:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

Yes, it is confirmed to be working as normal now, although not very stable.

Now, the players who have just discovered the patch by chance will have to make their own decision on what to do with the patch. Whatever decisions are made by the players, we respect them, but I would argue that there isn't any harm in keeping it along with the normal version of the game.

Whatever you do, GL HF! :flowers:

hleung
No Flag kapor
Crossbow

Post by kapor »

Yes. It's ok now. I've tried this: nslookup eso.com 8.8.8.8
and google ns was able to resolve eso.com
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

NOOOO please I want to play Patch only!
It was the best team games I ever played
shit juice :hmm:
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow
ESO: artisticcheese

Post by artisticcheese »

@EAGLEMUT What do you now ESOC vs RE patch lobby games since outage is almost completely over. You stated before that 80% to 20% and I stated it's the other way around.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

artisticcheese wrote:@EAGLEMUT What do you now ESOC vs RE patch lobby games since outage is almost completely over. You stated before that 80% to 20% and I stated it's the other way around.

I don't think anyone denies that way more games are played on RE vs on EP. He was just talking about during the outage.
Russia artisticcheese
Crossbow
ESO: artisticcheese

Post by artisticcheese »

Oh, I thought he made general statement that there are more games on ESOC vs RE. I'm back to RE patch, ESOC is no good for me due to lack of players in my PR (~22).
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I am talking with Microsoft on this issue. They are looking into it as far as I know.

Edit: Apparently it’s been fixed today. Good stuff.

With all the weird rumors going around I want to make it clear. We want the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. That includes RE. We shared the outage with Microsoft and helped the community work around it as best we could.

Big thanks again to @EAGLEMUT for identifying the issue and pushing a quick EP option so we could all keep playing. It also let us share key information with Microsoft to get a fix faster.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

artisticcheese wrote:Oh, I thought he made general statement that there are more games on ESOC vs RE. I'm back to RE patch, ESOC is no good for me due to lack of players in my PR (~22).

Yep that’s the right call. I hope more people are able to log in again so you don’t have to struggle to get games.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

artisticcheese wrote:Oh, I thought he made general statement that there are more games on ESOC vs RE. I'm back to RE patch, ESOC is no good for me due to lack of players in my PR (~22).

Well, you just have to find the players who play. For example here is a list of players under PR25 who actively play on EP
And list of people in PR range of 23-15 who played on EP in last 3 days
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

You just have to ask around. Make a thread and I guarantee you'll get replies.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Papist wrote:Part of the reason EP hasn't caught on with lower-ranked players is because it hasn't been marketed towards them. Did anyone ever go to those people and ask them what changes they'd like to see? I doubt it. That's not to say the EP Team did anything wrong - EP was and is for higher ranked players who can appreciate/understand the changes that were made. But you shouldn't be surprised, in light of that fact, that lower-ranked players aren't flocking to EP.

I'm not completely on board with the idea of pushing to get EP changes included in the definitive edition right now, because I think the patch needs to be stabilized first. As it is, the civ balance is completely upended every time an update comes out and there still doesn't seem to be consensus on the changes that have been made/need to be made.

That's true. However 90% of the good players, if not all, would agree that eventhough it isn't perfectly balanced, it is better than the RE, at least for the maps.

Also part of the reason is EP is mostly targeted towards 1v1 changes while lower ranked players often prefer team.

That’s not totally true. The maps for team are much better. (Reasonable tc distances and map sizes allow for actual team play). And there are balance changes such as the mass Calvary changes and port goon neefs that largely support team play.

Even if the first focus is 1v1, team games are for sure better on EP.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

_H2O wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That’s totally true. The maps for team are much better. (Reasonable tc distances and map sizes allow for actual team play). And there are balance changes such as the mass Calvary changes and port goon neefs that largely support team play.

Even if the first focus is 1v1, team games are for sure better on EP.

Well and civs like otto/iro/ports/spain are much more playable than before, which is great.