Because I just wasted an hour and half...

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Because I just wasted an hour and half...

Post by edeholland »

Ashvin wrote:So my solution to it is, make a cheater accusation form, the results of this form go to some of the volunteers (not the staff because they already take heat for literally everything, and also for fairness in judgment). They pass their judgment within a week of posting. If the results are positive a locked thread can be made with the evidence and its explanation. If someone thinks the accusation is false or their name is up there and they want it removed, forward them to SCC where the comm team together with the aforementioned volunteers reconsider all the proofs, consider the explanation of the accused and come to a conclusion.

Sounds like it could work, but who would those volunteers be?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

People with good maths and decent experience with game. Imo zoom, umeu, kaiser should be involved if ofc they are interested
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You want someone to check whether the evidence is clear enough and if it is allow the volunteer to make a locked thread?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Not just one volunteer but a group. They can just make threads on their will, they need to provide explanation to back their judgment.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Ashvin wrote:Well, this nonsensical rule about "known cheaters" came into existence only after Ryan posted in one of the accusation threads agreeing to the OP. Till now there is no proper definition of "known cheater", as to who is a "known cheater"? or who decides that this is a cheater and who makes him "known"? and "known" to who?

EDIT: Source
The definition is whether Mad Mankl feels like it or not, it would seem.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

zoom wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Unless it's a known cheater, yes.
That is absolute nonsense. Your exceptions for allowing this are completely arbitrary (not the garja variety of arbitrary). There are tons of known cheaters you've protected.

"protected" is hardly the appropriate word here
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

He anti-hacc,

he protecc,

but most importantly

he redacc
Pay more attention to detail.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

What sucks is to have people open accusation threads before the cheater has been confirmed, since it just makes it hard for esoc to have a consistent rule about cheating accusations, known cheaters, etc. What doesn't suck is to have people inform esoc privately about cheaters. So on these 2 points, I agree with the esoc policy.
However, what also sucks is that there's almost no feedback from esoc to the community about these cheaters, which makes it frustrating to everyone who got cheated and want to warn other people about it (which is a noble goal, unlike pure witch hunting). So we would need some people to check the cheating accusations given to esoc privately, and then just update a list of confirmed cheaters, with some way for people to view the proofs.
So yeah, you would need a small team to do that, and there would need to be solid explanations about what proves someone to be cheating. In case of doubt, consider as innocent. Meanwhile, any public cheating accusations should be strictly forbidden.

Ashvin wrote:People with good maths and decent experience with game. Imo zoom, umeu, kaiser should be involved if ofc they are interested

Yeah I would do that if esoc lets me
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Honestly people don't want to inform the others, they just want to create hate toward the cheater.

I totally understand this feeling, and I have no issues with it, but information is not the goal of a guy who opens a thread to denounce a cheater.

You'll claim that I defend cheaters again, but you can't realistically say that the SirMusket threads were opened to inform the community, you just wanted to humiliate SirMusket which again, is something I can understand.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Porque no los dos?

On one hand you have the guy Soldier faced, who no one knows, who doesn't say anything, who happens to cheat. OK, it's a way to deal with the frustration. I get it too.

On the other hand you have the community's loudest-mouthed sapien, incessant shit talker, pathological liar, pathological cheater, vehement (false) denier cheating in tournaments, cheating on stream, cheating in money-bets, cheating like a lot to alter his perceived skill, adamant he didn't until he's caught (repeatedly). Yeah, there's frustration too, admittedly more, but there is also a significant exposure aspect when the subject at hand refuses to concede and is as active as he is in ESOC-member-filled games! It's relevant.

It's vindication and it's prudence-prompting and in the case of sirmoesbar it was an effective campaign.

Err, I mean, man I don't cheat.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Simply, I wouldn't have played 107 minutes if I knew he was a cheater.

Don't try to tell me why I posted you pos. You're part of the reason this hack was spread as much
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

this is the same guy who made 60 huss wiht 200g gathered vs me xD
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

IAmSoldieR wrote:Simply, I wouldn't have played 107 minutes if I knew he was a cheater.

Don't try to tell me why I posted you pos. You're part of the reason this hack was spread as much

:salt: :salt: :salt:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:Simply, I wouldn't have played 107 minutes if I knew he was a cheater.

wait did u seriously spread the moesbar hack around?
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I'm salty because you spread cheats and spammed/hacked esoc?... Hmm ya I guess that makes me a bit mad
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

rsy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yeaaaaaah so this is what we wanna prevent, basically.

I would love to hear more feedback on a private reporting system.

You are saying you want to inform the community then, right? Would a private solution work for you, if after a some inspection from others, the cheater came on a public list?
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

A list would be great because I can't keep up with the gossip.

A smurf list would be awesome too
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

rsy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Happy 2016!!!

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

rsy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yea, because after I got perma banned from ESOC for no other reason than disagreeing with Garja in the EP internal forum, an ESOC guy told me something like «There's nothing you can do about it now. What you goona do? Spread moesbar lol», and well, at that moment I thought that it was actually a great idea. I only gave it to like 2-3 people though.

To be fair, I'm not very proud of me for doing it, but I'm very happy when guys like Soldier get hacked and become salty, that's the reason why I did it after all.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Lmao. Great guy^^^

I guess I'm a bad guy cause I don't like cheaters hahaha

Someone link the song "true colors"
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Let's have a civil discussion on making a better system. You guys are beating a dead horse tbh.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

IAmSoldieR wrote:Lmao. Great guy^^^

I'm not claiming I'm a great guy.
I just hate you because you've been a dick with me for years, even one year before I spread moesbar and you're part of the reason why I spread moesbar yeah.

Anyway, you're the one who brought that up and started to provoke me, don't act as if you were the nicest guy in the community.

I guess it's better to just add you on my ESOC pest list, like I did with SirCallen.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

muh cheat spreading
Pay more attention to detail.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I just hate you because you've been a dick with me for years, even one year before I spread moesbar and you're part of the reason why I spread moesbar yeah.

Anyway, you're the one who brought that up and started to provoke me, don't act as if you were the nicest guy in the community.

I guess it's better to just add you on my ESOC pest list, like I did with SirCallen.

Someone being a dick to you or you being treated unfairly is not a justifiable reason to spread hacks though.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

princeofcarthage wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Someone being a dick to you or you being treated unfairly is not a justifiable reason to spread hacks though.

True. Which is why I'm not very proud of myself overall.