Official diarouga vs Garja - Master of 14 (BO27) Donation Thread

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Official diarouga vs Garja - Master of 14 (BO27) Donation Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

i think many ppl would want to watch it. I would. And if theres no beef, lets create it!

anyway, just donate 1/3rd of the money since bo9 is 1/3rd of bo27.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

bwinner1 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

so a 70-year-old coach is supposed to get on the pitch to show the players how it's done?

Well I don't know any revolutionary 70y.o coach.
But anyway Garja isn't the coach of a team, he is the player of an individual sport. So he can't just say some controversial theories, never put them on pratic (and nobody else did it for him either), and then claim it's because only him understand the game.
A better comparison would be a chess player who says he has found the best opening ever but won't play with it against a good player. Who would believe him ? Nobody. So Garja can't expect more if he doesn't want to play.

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson? Jupp Heynkes ? revolutionary 70 year old coaches.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

umeu wrote:i think many ppl would want to watch it. I would. And if theres no beef, lets create it!

Diarouga is trying to dodge lordraphael lol
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

InsectPoison wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

But anyway Garja isn't the coach of a team, he is the player of an individual sport. So he can't just say some controversial theories, never put them on pratic (and nobody else did it for him either), and then claim it's because only him understand the game.
A better comparison would be a chess player who says he has found the best opening ever but won't play with it against a good player. Who would believe him ? Nobody. So Garja can't expect more if he doesn't want to play.

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You ever heard of Sir Alex Ferguson? Jupp Heynkes ? revolutionary 70 year old coaches.

They were both not revolutionnary anymore at 70y.o (despite being insaly good coachs, but you don't need to be revolutionnary for that)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

InsectPoison wrote:
umeu wrote:i think many ppl would want to watch it. I would. And if theres no beef, lets create it!

ofc. he couldnt rek rappa if he tried. but at same time, rappa is only knows this game half as well as rouga does! rappa isht :uglylol:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

umeu wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:

ofc. he couldnt rek rappa if he tried. but at same time, rappa is only knows this game half as well as rouga does! rappa isht :uglylol:

then he only know 0.05 of what garja knows ? wow what a noob
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

bwinner1 wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Show hidden quotes

They were both not revolutionnary anymore at 70y.o (despite being insaly good coachs, but you don't need to be revolutionnary for that)

You're cleary not education enough with football, don't wanna waste my time debating you now.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

InsectPoison wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why are you talking about coaches anyway?
Aoe3 isn't a sport, so your age doesn't matter, strats are what matters, so the analogy with chess is more relevant, and at chess, a good player would prove his point, regardless of his age.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

InsectPoison wrote:
umeu wrote:lord raphael aka raging rappamas

Lord_raphael will only play bo9 or bo11. The only reason people would donate money is to see something special like a bo27 with every different civ being played. No one wants to watch a random series.... Also there is no beef between lordraphael and dia so it wont be as entertaining.
Idk. I would donate $5 per game won in any best-of 7+ series between Raph and Rouga, but only if Rouga actually trains beforehand. I'd be doing it just to get the kid playing again.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Goodspeed wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
umeu wrote:lord raphael aka raging rappamas

Lord_raphael will only play bo9 or bo11. The only reason people would donate money is to see something special like a bo27 with every different civ being played. No one wants to watch a random series.... Also there is no beef between lordraphael and dia so it wont be as entertaining.
Idk. I would donate $5 per game won in any best-of 7+ series between Raph and Rouga, but only if Rouga actually trains beforehand. I'd be doing it just to get the kid playing again.

If you donate at this rate we may have to make you a patron badge already!
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Deez nuts
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Lol age is not important in AOE3? What world do you live on.
Honestly, the major difference between me in 2010-2013 and me from there on is age. I've been less and less focused and motivated from with time. On the opposite, game knowledge and probably even ceiling level of my mechanics have improved as a consequence of more experience and more time spent on the game.
Motivation, mental toughness and focus are probably the most important factors in tourneys when mere game level is basically given.

Ironically, I would be a great coach for someone who is genuinely aimed at becoming a top player. I would coach in fact if it wasn't for the fact that this is a dead game (and coaching still requires quite some time).

Seriously, go play with Raphael if that's the reasoning. He is younger and play from less time than me. Also started playing on TAD way later than me. He certainly has less game knowledge on paper, right?
Image Image Image
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

InsectPoison wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

#wengerout :flowers:
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There is currently $100 on the line, how much more do you want ? And how many games? B021?

You know that if a game lasts on average 20 min, and we play 21 games, the serie is going to last 7 hours?
And that's without even considering the breaks between games. Honestly, unless it's one sided, a bo29 is goona last at least 8 hours, which is way too much for players.

I'm fine doing this vs garja because it's free 100$, and I don't mind spending 8 hours bashing this noob, but vs raphael it's something else.
Even at my peak level it would have been close at best, now keep in mind that I've played less than 20 games since September.
Realistically, I'm goona get demolished like the last time we played a bo3 showmatch, and waste 8 hours without earning anything.

So if I were to play against Raphael, admitting he's fine with it, I find time for it, and you could find enough money, it would have to either be a much shorter showmatch, or a prize per game won, because getting rekt for 8 hours without getting anything isn't the dream week-end for me.

Anyway, I'd need at least 2 weeks to prepare a bit and get a decent level, even though I probably won't get my peak level back in two weaks, so I definitely wouldn't play vs raph today.

8 hours is pretty short actually, theres plenty of down time. I played a 2:30 hour long BO5 vs somppu in the tournament, and I think I also have had a 2 hour BO3 vs look which even went 3-0. 20 minutes on average per game, including swapping civs, taking bathroom breaks, getting out of the game and setting shit up, thats very lenient. A BO3 on average takes more than an hour, especially if it is even somewhat close.

But even if it'd be a chance at 100 bucks, that'd not be a good salary. Someone like garja probably can easily earn 15 bucks per hour if he wants to. At least, dunno if he has his bachelor yet, but 15 bucks per hour isn't really a lot. So there's that, the money alone can hardly be an incentive I think (unless you're some unemployed greek or sth).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Anyway, I don't have much time atm. I could play in 2 weeks but that probably wouldn't be at my top level. I'm taking exams atm actually.

In 2 months or so though, I'll be in holidays and I'll have plenty of time to play tourney games etc, so I guess it's better to wait.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why are you talking about coaches anyway?
Aoe3 isn't a sport, so your age doesn't matter, strats are what matters, so the analogy with chess is more relevant, and at chess, a good player would prove his point, regardless of his age.

I never started talking about coaches, that was someone else i was just adding to the point.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:Lol age is not important in AOE3? What world do you live on.
Honestly, the major difference between me in 2010-2013 and me from there on is age. I've been less and less focused and motivated from with time. On the opposite, game knowledge and probably even ceiling level of my mechanics have improved as a consequence of more experience and more time spent on the game.
Motivation, mental toughness and focus are probably the most important factors in tourneys when mere game level is basically given.

Ironically, I would be a great coach for someone who is genuinely aimed at becoming a top player. I would coach in fact if it wasn't for the fact that this is a dead game (and coaching still requires quite some time).

Seriously, go play with Raphael if that's the reasoning. He is younger and play from less time than me. Also started playing on TAD way later than me. He certainly has less game knowledge on paper, right?

I think you're only 1 yrear older than me
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

How old are you
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

bwinner1 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

so a 70-year-old coach is supposed to get on the pitch to show the players how it's done?

there are plenty of 70-year-old gaffers that are successful
do you really think it would happen? that no one else would try to take the idea and test it? what happens with strategies in AoE3? sometimes they're invented by players of lower ranks and then played experienced with by better ones in the game; my point is that he doesn't have to prove his theories to make them good
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

pecelot wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

there are plenty of 70-year-old gaffers that are successful
do you really think it would happen? that no one else would try to take the idea and test it? what happens with strategies in AoE3? sometimes they're invented by players of lower ranks and then played experienced with by better ones in the game; my point is that he doesn't have to prove his theories to make them good

Sure if someone comes and win everything with garja's plan then I would accept it like everyone, but until nobody has proven a theory is good you can't say "you don't do this bc you nood", "I am the only one who understand the game" and such bs. You can't do aoe only on paper, you need to show efficiency in game.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The thing is none is going to pick over my "findings" because there is simply no incentive to use them in competitive play.
Tourneys have discouraging civ rules for what concerns in depth civ knowledge and also day to day play is affected by the policy of rehosting on non standard maps.
On top of that, it usually takes a combination of knowledge and good mechanics to prove a certain type of play and not everyone has it.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well, you have the mechanics for it, so why can't you win with it?

@pecelot Tell me a build which was invented by low level players and successfully used at high level?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Did u not hear about the Cheader failephant strat?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well, you have the mechanics for it, so why can't you win with it?

@pecelot Tell me a build which was invented by low level players and successfully used at high level?

I do win with my strats? It just takes time to perfetionize new strats, figuring out timings and stuff.
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well, you have the mechanics for it, so why can't you win with it?

jan rush