People throwing matches

No Flag Bodden
Crossbow
ESO: bodden

People throwing matches

Post by Bodden »

Seems like when I play teamgames with strangers I can't win no matter how I perform. It's either people leaving when they lose their main army or they leave as soon as the enemies are in our camp. Just now, I played a 3v3, one of the enemies left. My teammate, who was level 15-18 asked me how to age (wtf?) and then left, and told me that he didn't want to play with a sioux lamer, and then his mate left. So I played the 1v2 for 30 minutes before I had to give up.

[link redacted]

[redacted] and [redacted] left, I suggest pesting them.

I just had to write a post and rage. Been losing so much because of teammates leaving. Lost my 2nd lieut on this match as well.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: People throwing matches

Post by princeofcarthage »

Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah just pest those people like me
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Bodden wrote:Seems like when I play teamgames with strangers I can't win no matter how I perform. It's either people leaving when they lose their main army or they leave as soon as the enemies are in our camp. Just now, I played a 3v3, one of the enemies left. My teammate, who was level 15-18 asked me how to age (wtf?) and then left, and told me that he didn't want to play with a sioux lamer, and then his mate left. So I played the 1v2 for 30 minutes before I had to give up.

[redacted]

I just had to write a post and rage. Been losing so much because of teammates leaving. Lost my 2nd lieut on this match as well.

Stop blaming other people for your mediocre results and take responsibility for your own game.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Bodden
Crossbow

Post by Bodden »

Snuden wrote:
Bodden wrote:Seems like when I play teamgames with strangers I can't win no matter how I perform. It's either people leaving when they lose their main army or they leave as soon as the enemies are in our camp. Just now, I played a 3v3, one of the enemies left. My teammate, who was level 15-18 asked me how to age (wtf?) and then left, and told me that he didn't want to play with a sioux lamer, and then his mate left. So I played the 1v2 for 30 minutes before I had to give up.

[redacted]

Stop blaming other people for your mediocre results and take responsibility for your own game.

What would you know of my "mediocre" results? I always strive to improve and analyse my own game. Sadly I can't control what other people do, which is what the post was about, maybe you didn't read it.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

@Bodden I redacted part of your post because calling people out like this just creates drama.

That being said, I can relate to this feeling. It's why I stopped playing team games for the most part - it's really frustrating when you play well but lose because of the poor performance of another player.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Bodden
Crossbow

Post by Bodden »

Papist wrote:@Bodden I redacted part of your post because calling people out like this just creates drama.

That being said, I can relate to this feeling. It's why I stopped playing team games for the most part - it's really frustrating when you play well but lose because of the poor performance of another player.

My opinion is that people who threaten the competitive integrity of the game should be called out, even if it's just for the normal game, considering that it's a small community it can have an actual effect on how people behave. But that is just my opinion and that is part of why I created the thread.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Bodden wrote:
Papist wrote:@Bodden I redacted part of your post because calling people out like this just creates drama.

My opinion is that people who threaten the competitive integrity of the game should be called out, even if it's just for the normal game, considering that it's a small community it can have an actual effect on how people behave. But that is just my opinion and that is part of why I created the thread.

While I disagree, I understand and respect your opinion. I hope you can understand where I am coming from as well.

Rest assured that ESO-C staff are discussing this internally as we speak. In the meantime, the current policy stands - general conversations about unsportsmanlike play are fine (which is why I am leaving this thread open instead of locking it), but no "naming and shaming". If you have any questions about this policy, you can reply here or shoot me a PM on ESOC or Discord; I am happy to address any questions or concerns you have.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

play 1v1s
give that guy a manual
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Big whoop, Bodden.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Esoc wouldn't be where it is today without all the drama buddy
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yeah lol, play 1v1s
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Iā€™d like to know the names so I can weigh in.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

[link redacted]

I feel u man. My win rate 1v1 is higher than 2v2 and insanely higher than my 3v3 because when I play teams its always with strangers. The more people in the game the higher chance there will be that one tard. And there is a good chance if you are playing fixed teams that the tard will be on your team because the hosts know each other and that they are good. They might even have a set strategy they are used to to put them at a big advantage. For example, team siege elephant, team urumi, team silk road, team aztec gold crates, team spahi,team dog soldier fast age. On 4v4 dont underestimate how OP those are.

One thing I do almost always now is check their cities quickly becuase the ladder system on ESO is complete shit. A lot of high ranks who actually suck and a lot of people with thousands of games that cant rank up without a lot of grinding 1v1 for days. So if you see a 2nd with 2000 games and 1100 wins I'd rather be with that guy than a captain with 12 wins, 8 losses. and even then you just never know. One thing you can do when a high rank ends up sucking to troll him is say shit like
" Hey kid I'm telling your brother you're on his account again" or
"Did your older brother give you permission to be on his account"
thats my favorite

I actually have a list with brief descriptions(not a pest list but a notepad doc) of people who either are reverse smurfs, droppers, cheaters/drophackers etc. so when I see someone I recognize like that I check it. Thats how bad it got for me. So what I do now is just play 1v1 for every 2 games of team so i don't derank even if i lose. Kind of sucks to have to do that but hey its better than having to play noob games

honestly it seems like there is some kind of metaphysical backdrop to this game where you win for a while and then lose for a while. You get the shit teams for a while and there is nothing you can do about it. It really seems to go in cycles for me at least, and I dont think its all about how good i am doing. But thats why 1v1 is so good because you are forced to admit your own mistakes and get better.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Everyone is a tard but me! It's never meeeeeeee.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:Everyone is a tard but me! It's never meeeeeeee.

we'll playing a team team is a little different than 1v1 but you can just check someones 1v1 record in order to determine that
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm a subscriber to the "there is only one constant in team and it's you" doctrine. Play the best you can and that's all there is to it. If your teammate played bad and you lost then you need to play better next time. There is such a thing as constructive teammate criticism and there are games lost because of teammates but that's the nature of team -- it's random with one exception. It does little to blame your win rate on your mates with no introspection. Look at Hazza and his win rate... you think he doesn't play with tards too? You think if a better player played your games they wouldn't have a higher win rate?
jgals wrote:honestly it seems like there is some kind of metaphysical backdrop to this game where you win for a while and then lose for a while.

You mean probability and statistics?
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:I'm a subscriber to the "there is only one constant in team and it's you" doctrine. Play the best you can and that's all there is to it. If your teammate played bad and you lost then you need to play better next time. There is such a thing as constructive teammate criticism and there are games lost because of teammates but that's the nature of team -- it's random with one exception. It does little to blame your win rate on your mates with no introspection. Look at Hazza and his win rate... you think he doesn't play with tards too? You think if a better player played your games they wouldn't have a higher win rate?
jgals wrote:honestly it seems like there is some kind of metaphysical backdrop to this game where you win for a while and then lose for a while.

lol. no i mean the way that streaks of getting shit teams seem to happen. The generally last a few days to a week but the longest one was a week and a half or two. I thought it was just me playing badly for a while but i would go to 1v1 and win every game so i think its jesus
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

jgals wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I'm a subscriber to the "there is only one constant in team and it's you" doctrine. Play the best you can and that's all there is to it. If your teammate played bad and you lost then you need to play better next time. There is such a thing as constructive teammate criticism and there are games lost because of teammates but that's the nature of team -- it's random with one exception. It does little to blame your win rate on your mates with no introspection. Look at Hazza and his win rate... you think he doesn't play with tards too? You think if a better player played your games they wouldn't have a higher win rate?

lol. no i mean the way that streaks of getting shit teams seem to happen. The generally last a few days to a week but the longest one was a week and a half or two. I thought it was just me playing badly for a while but i would go to 1v1 and win every game so i think its jesus

You mean probability and statistics...
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

is jesus probability and statistics?
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

jgals wrote:but you can just check someones 1v1 record in order to determine that

@Hazza54321 get rekt team scrub
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

thats more or less a good strategy, but also you sometimes have to pick a strategy that will carry the team if you know you are a lot better or there is a situation like MU to deal with for example, with IRO i sometimes sacrifice a lot to get town destroyer and siege down forward agra as it goes up along with other FB buildings because I know we wont be able to deal with the pressure of a forward agra/blockhouse etc. Thats one case where you can really be the difference maker and carry the team. I've also had times where split highs, and I was az and their high was sioux, and I've all ined the sioux because I know sioux has no response to it, no MM and in teams usually doesnt have ceta shipment only cav etc.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

What did the redacted parts of OP's post say?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

agrondergermane wrote:
jgals wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You mean probability and statistics...

rekt
c0ns!
No Flag Bodden
Crossbow

Post by Bodden »

jgals wrote:
I feel u man. My win rate 1v1 is higher than 2v2 and insanely higher than my 3v3 because when I play teams its always with strangers.

If I play with friends I win most of my 2v2's and 3v3's. Being able to communicate and having people in the team who wants to play as a team is a huge difference even tho every player individually are the same skill. Don't know how many times I have yelled "back back wait for me" and he has responded immediately. You simply can't do that with strangers. But yes, 1v1's is much easier than team games with randoms at the same rank imo. The biggest issue is that people surrender as soon as the enemies are past the gates. I won an insane match where my mate was almost out but he stayed because my other teammate insisted on it. We ended up pushing them back and completely destroy them thanks to a flank attack on their base. Shit like that happens way more often than people realize and those are the fun games, but people give up before it can even happen.