sound bug

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

sound bug

Post by gibson »

Is the only way to not get sound bug to have vsync on? I got sound bug every game i played today and tbh it kinda pissed me off, but vsync limits my frames to 60 which makes the game feel clunky.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: sound bug

Post by InsectPoison »

Eh just play on 60 fps for long enough and you'll get used to it
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Vsync? I've heard so many theories on what causes the sound bug by now...
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well I used to get sound bug like once a month. I turned off vsync and get it 10 times in 3 hours. Coincidence?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Petition to call sound bug "cricket"
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I doubt vsync does anything to sound, but well if it works, it works
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Yeah with vsync enabled i never get soundbug, and without I get it almost all the time. I know some pc:s struggle with vsync, but if the game still runs reasonably smooth I don't see why you wouldn't use it. Playing without sound is just horrible
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

well vsync limits the game to 60 frames which is bullshit
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah aragun told me turning on vsync fixes the soundbug. So I tried it with vsync and decided I'd rather play with soundbug.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

I don't get it, unless trained so, it's really hard to differentiate between 60 fps and 60+fps, also running games without vsync = killing your graphic cards faster. The extra frames are useless cuz monitors are either 60hz or 144hz, which means effective fps can not be higher than that. so asking a graphic card to render game at 300 fps when you would still get 60 fps or 144 doesn't make sense anyways.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

princeofcarthage wrote:I don't get it, unless trained so, it's really hard to differentiate between 60 fps and 60+fps, also running games without vsync = killing your graphic cards faster. The extra frames are useless cuz monitors are either 60hz or 144hz, which means effective fps can not be higher than that. so asking a graphic card to render game at 300 fps when you would still get 60 fps or 144 doesn't make sense anyways.

That's what I thought as well, but I've actually just tried it out and notice some weird behavior. With windowed mode + vsync + refresh rate 60, my fps is around 30-40 for some reason. Without vsync I get the useless 200 fps. However, in fullscreen mode + vsync + 60 refresh rate I get the correct 60 fps. Seems like there might be a bug/downside to windowed mode after all.

Fullscreen Vsync new meta? :hmm:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

princeofcarthage wrote:I don't get it, unless trained so, it's really hard to differentiate between 60 fps and 60+fps, also running games without vsync = killing your graphic cards faster. The extra frames are useless cuz monitors are either 60hz or 144hz, which means effective fps can not be higher than that. so asking a graphic card to render game at 300 fps when you would still get 60 fps or 144 doesn't make sense anyways.

But I really like my 1k fps in lobby and during loading screen
r]
Retired Contributor

EAGLEMUT wrote:

That's what I thought as well, but I've actually just tried it out and notice some weird behavior. With windowed mode + vsync + refresh rate 60, my fps is around 30-40 for some reason. Without vsync I get the useless 200 fps. However, in fullscreen mode + vsync + 60 refresh rate I get the correct 60 fps. Seems like there might be a bug/downside to windowed mode after all.

Fullscreen Vsync new meta? :hmm:

I play in windowed mode + vsync and I get correct 60 fps idk what you messed up
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The plot thickens :hmm:

You check your FPS with the showFPS cfg option?
Retired Contributor

EAGLEMUT wrote:The plot thickens :hmm:

You check your FPS with the showFPS cfg option?

That and nvidia geforce experience
Retired Contributor

Gichtenlord wrote:

Your liking is shit just like you are not handsome
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Reported!
Retired Contributor

Report ignored
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Abuse! Mo... Dev Abuse!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It’s not hard at all to differentiate between 60 and 144 FPS lol. Now in some low motion games it doesn’t really matter, but generally speaking 60 FPS just feels clunky if you’re used to 144. I also have a 240hz monitor but I don’t use that for aoe cause the difference from 144 to 240 is barely noticeable but my 144hz is 1440p and the 240 isn’t. In most games you wanna average close to 300 so that when you hit an FPS trough you still remain above 144.
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:
It’s not hard at all to differentiate between 60 and 144 FPS lol. Now in some low motion games it doesn’t really matter, but generally speaking 60 FPS just feels clunky if you’re used to 144. I also have a 240hz monitor but I don’t use that for aoe cause the difference from 144 to 240 is barely noticeable but my 144hz is 1440p and the 240 isn’t. In most games you wanna average close to 300 so that when you hit an FPS trough you still remain above 144.

It takes lot of time to get used to 144 to notice that difference most common folks dont have 144 ghz comp, besides 144 fps ultra graphics is next to impossible
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

Your liking is shit just like you are not handsome

bait taken
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I've always played on non-gaming laptops with minimal graphics options and I never get soundbug, perhaps graphics options/vsync are the cause?
De Funk
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofcarthage wrote:
gibson wrote:

It takes lot of time to get used to 144 to notice that difference most common folks dont have 144 ghz comp, besides 144 fps ultra graphics is next to impossible
Not really. In a first person shooter anyone will notice it instantly. This is the case for any high motion game. I get 144 frames in just about every game I play and my monitor is even 1440 lol. All you need to get 144 frames in most games in 1080p is a 1060 6gb.
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Not really. In a first person shooter anyone will notice it instantly. This is the case for any high motion game. I get 144 frames in just about every game I play and my monitor is even 1440 lol. All you need to get 144 frames in most games in 1080p is a 1060 6gb.
there are games where 1080 struggles at 1080p lol on ultra settings and that is too get 60 fps let alone 144, you are definitely talking about mid graphics